Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LaAdrian Waddle and Devin Taylor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WillParks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: LaAdrian Waddle and Devin Taylor Reply with quote

I was pretty hopeful when I read about LaAdrian Waddle when we signed him I read this today:

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/08/detroit_lions_training_camp_ob_7.html

It looks like Martin Mayhew and his staff made apretty shrewd pick-up with LaAdrian Waddle. It looks like Devin Taylor is flashing as well and might actually out-perform his draft status. Thoughts?
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly every year sees media darlings. I will believe it when I see results on the field. Seen enough of these pre-seasons that it is hard to get too excited about the rubbish sports writers feed to us during them.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Honestly every year sees media darlings. I will believe it when I see results on the field. Seen enough of these pre-seasons that it is hard to get too excited about the rubbish sports writers feed to us during them.
Yeah, none of them particularly stood out to me even though the lineman are the hardest to watch. They are both huge though, Waddle seemed to be the tallest of all the OL even with his helmet off and Taylor was clearly taller than everyone else except for Fauria.

R.I.P. Stylish
Jrugges

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devin Taylor was a guy that I thought always got under appericated because of Clowney, the team he was on, and his coach, but pointed out that he made about half the "splash plays"(PBU,Sacks,TFL,INT,FF) clowney did but still at a high level still with all be it with noticeably less sacks.

Idk, I just always thought he was a guy that could put it all together with his size, strength, skills, and speed. I can't really grasp why he didnt' dominate college football more, but in the NFL I'm not sure why he can't have a Justin Tuck type of role on any D-line as a pass rusher inside and out at, 6'7, 280lbs.

As far as Waddle, he's just a story right now that might press Hilliard for the main back up tackle role. I think the Lions are really set with trying to start Reiff and Fox and LT/RT. Unsure of why Gandy is getting the heads up over Warford right now. Warfords cleary the better blocker imo, but maybe he isn't all there with the offense/plays/playbook yet. Sad So Gandy it is for now, I'll be worried come week 3 and Warford still isn't clearly our best RG.

Last edited by Jrugges on Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
Devin Taylor was a guy that I thought always got under appericated because of Clowney, the team he was on, but pointed out that he made about half the "splash plays"(PBU,Sacks,TFL,INT,FF) clowney did but still at a high level with less sacks.

Idk, I just always thought he was a guy that could put it all together with his size, strength, skills, and speed. I can't really grasp why he didnt' dominate college football more.

I think Taylor can be a very special player. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he ends up being a better player than Ansah.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: