Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rookie expectations for Justin Blackmon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 82273
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bohlmann20 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
Blackmon dont get his credit he deserves, he had the 6th best recieving season last year in NCAA history. He has accomplished more then most all recieving prospects, he was voted the nations top WR back to back years, he had more hype last year then anyone ive seen in awhile...


This is true.

Throughout Blackmon's NCAA career, he was compared to Crabtree simply because they are both BXII receivers who dominated without any outstanding athletic (relative to other receivers) prowess. Unfortunately, that comparison has seeped into the mind's of NFL fans and, because of Crabtree's lack of pro production, Blackmon gets a bad reputation.

But really Crabtree and Blackmon are not much alike. Blackmon really knows how to execute double moves almost perfectly and get great separation (evident by how he torched Amukamura, a first round CB, in college). He doesn't wait for the ball like some receivers, but goes to the ball while it's in the air.

I don't know if I really care for Blackmon, he's proven to attract negative media. I would've preferred a different pick in the draft, but Blackmon is a great receiver prospect and has a really underrated ceiling.

I'd venture to say 800 yards; 6 td's this year.

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

It has nothing to respecting Blackmon, it has to do with a lack of respect for our QB


From the perspective of nfl fans or Jaguars fans? Because I don't know if that's solely the case with the former.


I know there are people who didnt like Blackmon pre-draft, but his development hinges on Blaine's development just as much as himself
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McMorrow_922


Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Posts: 2532
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
Blackmon dont get his credit he deserves, he had the 6th best recieving season last year in NCAA history. He has accomplished more then most all recieving prospects, he was voted the nations top WR back to back years, he had more hype last year then anyone ive seen in awhile. The dude is a freak. It dont matter where you put the ball, he finds a way to make a play, hes a playmaker. He is gonna be the greatest thing Jville has seen in a long time mark my word. Hes gonna be are possession reciever who Gabbert will target quite often, he will have 50-70 Receptions and 700-900 yards 6-8 tds. And he will only improve in 2013. Ive loved this dude for awhile, call me crazy but he will.be a STAR. Gene Smith made a nice trade up, that will finally give him some respect an show how good he is at drafting athletes who will make differences.


By awhile, do you mean 1 year? AJ Green had far more hype than Blackmon.

I wouldnt go that far. Both hyped up, but I personally heard more talk about Blackmon this year then i did Green last year. Even though Aj Green is a freak.
_________________


Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 44975
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
Blackmon dont get his credit he deserves, he had the 6th best recieving season last year in NCAA history. He has accomplished more then most all recieving prospects, he was voted the nations top WR back to back years, he had more hype last year then anyone ive seen in awhile. The dude is a freak. It dont matter where you put the ball, he finds a way to make a play, hes a playmaker. He is gonna be the greatest thing Jville has seen in a long time mark my word. Hes gonna be are possession reciever who Gabbert will target quite often, he will have 50-70 Receptions and 700-900 yards 6-8 tds. And he will only improve in 2013. Ive loved this dude for awhile, call me crazy but he will.be a STAR. Gene Smith made a nice trade up, that will finally give him some respect an show how good he is at drafting athletes who will make differences.


By awhile, do you mean 1 year? AJ Green had far more hype than Blackmon.

I wouldnt go that far. Both hyped up, but I personally heard more talk about Blackmon this year then i did Green last year. Even though Aj Green is a freak.


AJ Green was getting compared to Randy Moss. Blackmon was getting called "not worthy of a top 5 pick because his value is far beneath that of Green's."

Not sure how Blackmon was half as hyped as Green.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Its A Sabotage


Moderator
Joined: 14 May 2010
Posts: 34697
Location: Do. Your. Job.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
Blackmon dont get his credit he deserves, he had the 6th best recieving season last year in NCAA history. He has accomplished more then most all recieving prospects, he was voted the nations top WR back to back years, he had more hype last year then anyone ive seen in awhile. The dude is a freak. It dont matter where you put the ball, he finds a way to make a play, hes a playmaker. He is gonna be the greatest thing Jville has seen in a long time mark my word. Hes gonna be are possession reciever who Gabbert will target quite often, he will have 50-70 Receptions and 700-900 yards 6-8 tds. And he will only improve in 2013. Ive loved this dude for awhile, call me crazy but he will.be a STAR. Gene Smith made a nice trade up, that will finally give him some respect an show how good he is at drafting athletes who will make differences.


By awhile, do you mean 1 year? AJ Green had far more hype than Blackmon.

I wouldnt go that far. Both hyped up, but I personally heard more talk about Blackmon this year then i did Green last year. Even though Aj Green is a freak.


AJ Green was getting compared to Randy Moss. Blackmon was getting called "not worthy of a top 5 pick because his value is far beneath that of Green's."

Not sure how Blackmon was half as hyped as Green.


Weak top draft.
One Receiver who put up huge numbers and won games on national TV for a usually down trotten team....He got the same hype as Crabtree did coming out.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McMorrow_922


Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Posts: 2532
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
Blackmon dont get his credit he deserves, he had the 6th best recieving season last year in NCAA history. He has accomplished more then most all recieving prospects, he was voted the nations top WR back to back years, he had more hype last year then anyone ive seen in awhile. The dude is a freak. It dont matter where you put the ball, he finds a way to make a play, hes a playmaker. He is gonna be the greatest thing Jville has seen in a long time mark my word. Hes gonna be are possession reciever who Gabbert will target quite often, he will have 50-70 Receptions and 700-900 yards 6-8 tds. And he will only improve in 2013. Ive loved this dude for awhile, call me crazy but he will.be a STAR. Gene Smith made a nice trade up, that will finally give him some respect an show how good he is at drafting athletes who will make differences.


By awhile, do you mean 1 year? AJ Green had far more hype than Blackmon.

I wouldnt go that far. Both hyped up, but I personally heard more talk about Blackmon this year then i did Green last year. Even though Aj Green is a freak.


AJ Green was getting compared to Randy Moss. Blackmon was getting called "not worthy of a top 5 pick because his value is far beneath that of Green's."

Not sure how Blackmon was half as hyped as Green.

Blackmon was considered the most dynamic player in the draft, and was the top WR in the draft. He was being talked as going as high as 3 on draft day. He was voted nations top WR back to back years, including the year AJ GREEN entered the draft.
You can use the whole conference thing all you want, BLACKMON was hyped. Maybe not to you, but he was hyped. Ive had so many local fans from OHIO say wow man you guys got a freak. alot of outsiders talked about how great the jags pick was. I never said he was as good as AJ GREEN, i said he was hyped just as much. Both were projected to be instant play makers, Aj was a instant, we will see how Blackmon does this yr
_________________


Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
McMorrow_922


Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Posts: 2532
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When do you think.he will sign?
_________________


Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MoJo122-b-21


Joined: 01 Dec 2009
Posts: 6439
Location: Not London!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
When do you think.he will sign?


Soon. But I wouldn't be surprised if he's the last first round pick to sign.
_________________
GopherWrestler knows his way around a sig...

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 82273
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
McMorrow_922 wrote:
When do you think.he will sign?


Soon. But I wouldn't be surprised if he's the last first round pick to sign.


Yea, his arrest made things harder on himself and probably our ability to sign him quickly too
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bad meets Evil


Joined: 23 Sep 2011
Posts: 1647
Location: Duval
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
When do you think.he will sign?


Think he misses 2 or 3 days of camp before he signs.
_________________

Credit to IPwn for da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KhanYouDigIt


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 4704
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up at 1:42 in the morning watching Blackmon highlights.


Can't wait to see JB in action.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VY-FTW


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 5625
Location: T.G.I.F (Thank God Im Fresh)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he really gonna wear 14?
_________________

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
1.Nate "The Great" Washington
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 44975
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY-FTW wrote:
Is he really gonna wear 14?


Yup. B14ckmon.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 82273
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
VY-FTW wrote:
Is he really gonna wear 14?


Yup. B14ckmon.


Thats pretty cool iPwn
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 44975
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured this was the best place to put this, seeing as the original thread was locked.

Quote:
Blackmon's attorney, Cheryl Ramsey, says he was examined by a psychologist in Jax who said he doesn't have a substance abuse problem.

https://twitter.com/vitostellino/status/227893000762712064

This means it was him being a bonehead, not him having a more serious underlying issue that deserves compassion. It's all on him acting like a grown up for this to work.

Also of great note, Blackmon's attorney stated that Blackmon sought out the evaluation on his own. This would seem to mean that he's actually taking responsibility for the issue, seeking out the necessary steps to make sure that he doesn't put himself in this situation again.

Even though I'm not sold on his cleaning up his act, this certainly is a very positive note for his future in the NFL.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McMorrow_922


Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Posts: 2532
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
I figured this was the best place to put this, seeing as the original thread was locked.

Quote:
Blackmon's attorney, Cheryl Ramsey, says he was examined by a psychologist in Jax who said he doesn't have a substance abuse problem.

https://twitter.com/vitostellino/status/227893000762712064

This means it was him being a bonehead, not him having a more serious underlying issue that deserves compassion. It's all on him acting like a grown up for this to work.

Also of great note, Blackmon's attorney stated that Blackmon sought out the evaluation on his own. This would seem to mean that he's actually taking responsibility for the issue, seeking out the necessary steps to make sure that he doesn't put himself in this situation again.

Even though I'm not sold on his cleaning up his act, this certainly is a very positive note for his future in the NFL.

Good Post.
Hope he cleans it up. Hes got a bright future.
_________________


Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group