Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Android Thread V2 (Apple can't ban this)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green 01

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:
I am not sure there is really that much difference in the hardware. The only thing you have to decide is between TouchWiz and Sense

I personally like Sense over Touchwiz

The S3 has 2 gigs of RAM though. Other than that they are pretty close. Personally, either way I would root and put CyanogenMod on there. I have it on my S3 and it is very snappy and quick.
Now the Nexus 4 is in the mix with its quad-core processor and 2 gigs of ram. I believe its the LG Optimus 4 for sprint. That is one heck of a phone, and at $350 unlocked from the Play Store, I don't know if you can beat that price.

On another note, does anyone like what Google is doing with the Nexus lineup? Obviously they are the first to get updates and are usually pretty top of the bar hardware, but I LOVE what they are doing with the pricing. Are they setting the market for smart phones? Will other companies drop prices to compete with the Nexus lineup? I sure hope so. I for one, with T-mobile, have to wait 2 years for an upgrade. By time I was ready to upgrade my G1 (even though I loved that phone) was an ancient relic. Hopefully what Google is doing as far as pricing will make it easier for people to get a phone off contract and not drop $600 and some change for a phone with up to date hardware.

ChuckNorris101 on the sig.
Winning isn't a sometime thing.... IT'S AN ALL THE TIME THING!!!
"IT IS TIME" -Kevin Greene to Clay Matthews right before he forced the Mendenhall fumble.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:

I think he is on Sprint, which as far as i know doesnt carry the RAZR M

Aha that whole provider thing.... Confused yep haha disregard my post.

PM sig requests.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Switched from an iphone4S to a SG3 recently, best decision I've made with a phone...

IDOG_det on the sig...
Willink

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upgraded to an HTC One X from my Aria, this things multitask ability is nuts.

Quote:
If I have not lost my mind I can sometimes hear it preparing to defect
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love my Galaxy s3 for $50

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
ElReyDeLosReyes

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recommended Android apps?

yankee0724 wrote:
My team is based heavily off of Mourinho at Madrid.
^ FC Barcelona Fan ^
Greg_Jennings

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I recently got the galaxy 3, does anyone have some must have apps?

In the end, it wasn't guns or bombs that defeated the aliens. It was the humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
Greg_Jennings

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I recently got the galaxy 3, does anyone have some must have apps?

In the end, it wasn't guns or bombs that defeated the aliens. It was the humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apps.

If you guys have multiple devices, Dropbox is a must for sharing content instantly over all of them.

Amazon is awesome for the obvious reasons but it also has a feature that allows you to scan bar codes if you're shopping in a store somewhere so you can instantly compare prices and see if you should purchase it from home.

If you like photo editing, Pixlr-O-Matic is a must. You can still use Instagram if that's your thang but this has more filters, features, and you can download more to them.

Zedge is great for getting new notification and ring tones as well as wallpapers and live wallpapers. Everything is absolutely free and they have tens of thousands to choose from.

If you don't mind spending a couple bucks, HD Widgets is your thing. IMO, widgets are the trump card to Apple. They're incredible and extremely useful.

Pandora has a solid widget you can control from your home screen.

Astro File Manager is VERY useful for many, many reasons especially if your phone is pretty much your life and you have pictures, documents, songs, videos, etc etc

Tasker is cool b/c it allows you customize your phone to do X at a certain time and Y at another time and W only during these hours.

Obviously your stock browser might not tickle your fancy so you have Chrome and Dolphin to choose from.

If you're an Apple converter and still using awful iTunes (the main reason my iPod is collecting dust) but you still want to use it, Double Twist is something I've read about to allow you to use iTunes in an Android platform since Apple doesn't like to allow people to do so. Must install it on your PC and phone for it to work. I've never used it but people have talked about it so I wanted to throw it out there.

If you're money conscience, Mint is something you might look into. Again, never used it but heard good things about it. Be leery that it holds all your bank account infos but you can password protect it.

Where's My Droid is an absolute must if you feel careless or are just human and misplace things. If your phone is lost, a simple text to your phone saying "WMD GPS" will return your phone's location via latitude and longitude, the street it's on, as well as the building is applicable. You can access it online and make it alarm even if on silent, you can wipe it if lost, you can shut it down, it's a cool app.

I'm done typing for now though LOL. If you like the suggestions and want more, feel free to ask.

PM sig requests.
Greg_Jennings

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool that's a great help thanks

ElReyDeLosReyes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot.

yankee0724 wrote:
My team is based heavily off of Mourinho at Madrid.
^ FC Barcelona Fan ^
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are quite welcome.

Other neat little tips and tricks if you guys are converters and not used to Android is if you have a like group of apps, whatever they may be, you can group them together basically as a folder. All you do is hold down an app and hover it over the app you wish to group it w/ and you get "folders". Here's how it looks on my phone:

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/1406/homepagebefore.png

If you'll see, on my homepage, there's "Photo Stuff" on the navigational portion but on the static portion at the bottom, you'll see "Phone Stuff" which is my dialer and contacts grouped together.

This is what it looks like when you click on the "Photo Stuff":

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/8936/homepageafter.png

Just a neat little thing that gets overlooked if you're not on to want to navigate around your phone much to use similar apps. I believe this was a new feature for ICS although I could be very wrong.

As always throw any questions out and I'll do my best to help as well as anyone else.

PM sig requests.
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever find emailing large files a giant pain in the rear? You can now send up to 10 GB file through email. Essentially anything you have on Google Docs, upto 10 GB can be shared but the process becomes much easier through gmail. It takes care of permissions for you now.

http://9to5google.com/2012/11/27/gmail-integrates-with-drive-for-sharing-of-files-up-to-10-gb-large/

I know this isn't necessarily Android but a big part of Android is using the Google Apps ecosystem. The integration between their various apps is fantastic and continues to get even better

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got my note 2 in the mail today. So legit. Is almost too much phone for me.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SIII users, your Jelly Bean upgrade is available via Kies Air (ATT only I believe). RAZR HD and M users should have got their's today also. The rest, beginning of next year is what I'm reading.....

PM sig requests.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 20 of 100

Jump to: