Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Android Thread V2 (Apple can't ban this)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:

Alright I'm gonna give this a go tomorrow, thanks for the help guys

You'll like it. Bloatware is gone, battery life improves 75%. You can customize your customizations. You basically have 50 phones at your fingertips w/ ROMs. It is a whole new world for your phone. It's awesome.

I'm a real noob when it comes to this stuff, is bloatware like apps you can t uninstall like Google+ or books? And so it could make my phone have the same basic look as say, a Droid razr?

Yep. Bloatware are apps that come preinstalled based on your provider. That is correct also about your assumption. ROMs are basically another phone's OS (or a version of it) on your phone. Obviously the hardware cannot be changed but the way it looks, feels and acts will be similar depending on the developer.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:

Alright I'm gonna give this a go tomorrow, thanks for the help guys

You'll like it. Bloatware is gone, battery life improves 75%. You can customize your customizations. You basically have 50 phones at your fingertips w/ ROMs. It is a whole new world for your phone. It's awesome.

I'm a real noob when it comes to this stuff, is bloatware like apps you can t uninstall like Google+ or books? And so it could make my phone have the same basic look as say, a Droid razr?

Bloatware are non google apps that were put on by carriers and manufacturers which cant be removed.... I think

They cant' be removed but I learned w/ this RAZR that you can disable and hide them so they will not show up in your app drawer and will not be running in the background. The only way to even know they're there is by looking in the "Manage Apps" section of your settings.

PM sig requests.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preordered the Note II.

Hope i didnt make a mistake.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBkY3vg14JM

Absolutely incredible.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Preordered the Note II.

Only thing I've read about it is the battery life might not be that great but to power a device like that, I believe it should be expected. Let us all know what you think once you get some time to play around w/ it. IMO, it looks solid then again, I don't care about the size of it which is the main knock by most people. Wouldn't bother me one bit.

PM sig requests.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Preordered the Note II.

Only thing I've read about it is the battery life might not be that great but to power a device like that, I believe it should be expected. Let us all know what you think once you get some time to play around w/ it. IMO, it looks solid then again, I don't care about the size of it which is the main knock by most people. Wouldn't bother me one bit.

It's supposed to have a two day battery life. Supposed to be 1.5 to 2 times longer than the battery on the note 1
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Preordered the Note II.

It's supposed to have a two day battery life. Supposed to be 1.5 to 2 times longer than the battery on the note 1

No kidding? I must have read the wrong thing then..... I'll be very interested in hearing what you have to say about it.

PM sig requests.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I'm happy I decided to get an iPhone 5, I'm a thoroughly impressed with the Android (and Windows Phones) offerings of late and find myself craving some of the features the handset have.
green 01

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was anyone here able to order the Nexus 4 today before it sold out? My luck was not too great as I was not able to get one.

ChuckNorris101 on the sig.
Winning isn't a sometime thing.... IT'S AN ALL THE TIME THING!!!
"IT IS TIME" -Kevin Greene to Clay Matthews right before he forced the Mendenhall fumble.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green 01 wrote:
Was anyone here able to order the Nexus 4 today before it sold out? My luck was not too great as I was not able to get one.

I came in to ask the same thing. It apparently sold in out 15 minutes..... I'm very anxious to read about these.

PM sig requests.
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a pretty cheap android phone, an LG Viper 4glte. I was pleasantly surprised to see it get the ICS update today. The UI, new features, and customization options are great. My g/f has an Iphone 4 and she is all jealous now. I put on the face recognition unlock screen just to [inappropriate/removed] her off.
2013: 36 Tackles - 5.5 Sacks -1 FF - 1 FR - 4 PD -2 STF
DaSkins804

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright fellas, my upgrade is about to come up and I need some help. Right now I have the old EVO, I luv this phone, never had amy problems with it. So my original thought was to just get the new EVO LTE with my upgrade, but after hearing all this good stuff about the Galaxy S3 and after just buying my girl one as a early christmas present I'm starting to wonder should I get one of those instead of the new EVO.

I'm a simple man, all I'm looking go in a phone is a good looking screen, fast loading time, and a long battery life. Which phone wins that battle, and if it is the S3 that wins, how much better is it? Because if it's not by a lot should I just roll with the EVO since I luv the one I have now and my familiarity with it. Thanks in advance.
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure there is really that much difference in the hardware. The only thing you have to decide is between TouchWiz and Sense

I personally like Sense over Touchwiz

In really interesting news

Quote:
Fresh off of this morning’s rumor, which pegged Google and Dish Network as pals looking to start up a wireless service of their own to compete with AT&T and Verizon, a new rumor claims to confirm that it’s happening. The folks over at 9to5Google heard word from sources who claim that the we could see this network by mid-2013 because Google is “deep in development plans.” They are under the impression that the service will be data-only and that voice and SMS services will happen via VoIP.

Even if nothing is still confirmed, its still big news. Just a data only network is awesome. With Google buying Gizmo5 a while back, implementing gmail calling, and google voice sending texts and voicemail over data, I think El Goog has some nice tools to make this work. They can drop the costs of maintaining separate voice and data networks that current mobile operators have to deal with. Dish has spectrum and imagine google getting their hands on satellite networks. Terrifying and awesome at the same time.

My contract ends mid 2013 with Verizon. Hopefully this is true. Google has TW and other internet providers in Kansas City [inappropriate/removed] and scrambling. It would be nice to see that kind of butt kicking in the wireless industry.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaSkins804 wrote:
Alright fellas, my upgrade is about to come up and I need some help. Right now I have the old EVO, I luv this phone, never had amy problems with it. So my original thought was to just get the new EVO LTE with my upgrade, but after hearing all this good stuff about the Galaxy S3 and after just buying my girl one as a early christmas present I'm starting to wonder should I get one of those instead of the new EVO.

I'm a simple man, all I'm looking go in a phone is a good looking screen, fast loading time, and a long battery life. Which phone wins that battle, and if it is the S3 that wins, how much better is it? Because if it's not by a lot should I just roll with the EVO since I luv the one I have now and my familiarity with it. Thanks in advance.

Honestly, I'd look into a RAZR M. I have the Droid RAZR right now and my battery life is insane, the screen is great, and it's an overall very solid phone. They just also received the Jelly Bean upgrade. I can't say one bad thing about the S3 though. It has all the bells and whistles you could possibly ever ask for and it's a phenomenal device. IMO, the best out. The fact you called yourself "a simple man" indicated that might not be what you're really into which is why it's not my first suggestion. It would be otherwise.

PM sig requests.
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
DaSkins804 wrote:

Honestly, I'd look into a RAZR M. I have the Droid RAZR right now and my battery life is insane, the screen is great, and it's an overall very solid phone. They just also received the Jelly Bean upgrade. I can't say one bad thing about the S3 though. It has all the bells and whistles you could possibly ever ask for and it's a phenomenal device. IMO, the best out. The fact you called yourself "a simple man" indicated that might not be what you're really into which is why it's not my first suggestion. It would be otherwise.

I think he is on Sprint, which as far as i know doesnt carry the RAZR M

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 19 of 100

Jump to: