Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Android Thread V2 (Apple can't ban this)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photosphere = Amazing

http://www.theandroidsoul.com/video-of-photo-sphere-feature-from-android-4-2/

I cannot wait to see how well this thing legitimately works. This is the best thing that has ever happened to cameras.

PM sig requests.
Tooki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
ohiogenius wrote:
Tooki wrote:
Does anybody here own an ASUS Nexus7 tablet (or have used one)?

I'm looking into buying a tablet for university, and the Android offerings are clearly better and cheaper than the iPad.

Also I still have my old HTC Legend. It's low on ram, but it still does everything else Very Happy

I've used one, its too small for my liking. Besides that, it was smooth thanks to Jelly Bean.

Good to hear. I'm looking for something smaller than an iPad. I might wait it out and get a 32GB Nexus 7 though.

IMO, that would be worth the wait.

With the reported price reductions in the 16GB model as well, I'm gonna see how it goes. I've been put off getting an iPad Mini because Apple decided to not put the A5 chip in it.

Also my HTC Legend is a whole lot faster since I logged out of Facebook Very Happy

Amazon had a quote from Gizmodo destroying the iPad mini on it's home page yesterday..... aaaand it's still there if you want to see it. Apple doesn't care what you think anyway, they're still gonna do things their way and be 3 years behind LOL.

HERE is the tablet you want:

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_10_16gb&feature=microsite

Not really but it's the one I want though LOL. I've been waiting for the 10" version of this tablet to come out for forever!!! Thing looks great, specs look great, it's 7" sibling has had phenomenal reviews, it's shipped w/ 4.2 which is bad arse, I'm pumped. I've put off buying a tablet forever and I think it's finally coming to an end. Was looking at the Samsung 10.1 Note but this is cheaper and made by Google so all updates in the future, this should be included for a couple years I would think.

That badboy looks nice! Price and size are what attracted me to the Nexus 7. I can't say that I want a 10 inch tablet. It's selling for $469 in Australia, so I'll see how it's priced in a couple of months.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind either or in terms of 7 or 10 inch but there is another factor when it comes to my opinion and she said she would prefer not to have a 7. B/c of that, I've been waiting and it looks as if it might be over.

I mean, if the reviews are even close to what I've seen of the 7 and if this things really, truly beats retina display, it's over. Google is taking over especially since they have released their own phone now also. It's only a matter of time until they team up w/ Amazon and run the world...... or at least the internet.

PM sig requests.
Tooki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
I wouldn't mind either or in terms of 7 or 10 inch but there is another factor when it comes to my opinion and she said she would prefer not to have a 7. B/c of that, I've been waiting and it looks as if it might be over.

I mean, if the reviews are even close to what I've seen of the 7 and if this things really, truly beats retina display, it's over. Google is taking over especially since they have released their own phone now also. It's only a matter of time until they team up w/ Amazon and run the world...... or at least the internet.

I would be mostly using a tablet for class, such as having a second souce to display lecture notes and to make some quick notes.

A guy in one of my classes bought a Nexus 7 and I found it to be perfect for what I want. It's also small enough that I could comfortably travel with it.
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys i remember some if you guys were saying rooting your devices was getting you great battery life, how exactly do you do that? I can't take my galaxy s 2s anymore it drains absurdly fast

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 40 Sacks: 3 FF: 1 Interceptions: 0
Jaytrajik

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone tried out the Xbox smartglass app for android yet? This was one reason why I was considering getting a Windows phone next. Hopefully it's just as feature rich as its Windows counterpart.

life is one huge game that infinite awareness has with itself
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

I would be mostly using a tablet for class, such as having a second souce to display lecture notes and to make some quick notes.

A guy in one of my classes bought a Nexus 7 and I found it to be perfect for what I want. It's also small enough that I could comfortably travel with it.

I get ya and that makes perfect sense. A tablet for me and my girl would be mainly for home use so essentially something similar to that mimics a laptop. I am pretty excited to see these reviews of the 10 when people finally get their hands on it. Generally I like to get the second wave of new products but we'll see.....

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
Hey guys i remember some if you guys were saying rooting your devices was getting you great battery life, how exactly do you do that? I can't take my galaxy s 2s anymore it drains absurdly fast

Rooting is not great for your device's battery life, it's absolutely incredible for it. Each phone has a different rooting method but I'm sure the S2 has a one click method that some developer has made. All seem to have it. I would research it for a little while before proceeding. Hit up other forums, ask questions, learn about possible issues that could happen so you're not surprised if it doesn't work right away.

Also, have you thought about purchasing a new battery?? Do S3 batteries work in those phones?

PM sig requests.
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:

Rooting is not great for your device's battery life, it's absolutely incredible for it. Each phone has a different rooting method but I'm sure the S2 has a one click method that some developer has made. All seem to have it. I would research it for a little while before proceeding. Hit up other forums, ask questions, learn about possible issues that could happen so you're not surprised if it doesn't work right away.

Also, have you thought about purchasing a new battery?? Do S3 batteries work in those phones?

Seeing a rooting convert of mine encouraging others to root makes me beyond happy haha.

I would say a combination of rooting with a new battery is what you need. Its really simple on Samsung. There is this Odin method where you download Odin, then 3 files and you install them in an order. Its really simple. Its fantastically simple.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s-ii-forums/

Find the subforum for your phone and they should have a rooting section. If not just google "XDA Samsung Galaxy S II (whatever carrier) rooting"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:

Seeing a rooting convert of mine encouraging others to root makes me beyond happy haha.

I would say a combination of rooting with a new battery is what you need. Its really simple on Samsung. There is this Odin method where you download Odin, then 3 files and you install them in an order. Its really simple. Its fantastically simple.

Find the subforum for your phone and they should have a rooting section. If not just google "XDA Samsung Galaxy S II (whatever carrier) rooting"

Alright I'm gonna give this a go tomorrow, thanks for the help guys

JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:

LOL yep, I was there.... yes, was. My Tbolt took a crap on me and died. Wouldn't even turn on. Got a replacement from Verizon though and they gave me a RAZR. No need to root w/ this thing in terms of battery life b/c it's better than my Tbolt was when rooted. I can be discharged for 18 hours w/ normal use for me and it'll hit 50%... maybe. This thing's battery is stupid good........ and it's going to get Jelly Bean Smile

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:

You'll like it. Bloatware is gone, battery life improves 75%. You can customize your customizations. You basically have 50 phones at your fingertips w/ ROMs. It is a whole new world for your phone. It's awesome.

PM sig requests.
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:

You'll like it. Bloatware is gone, battery life improves 75%. You can customize your customizations. You basically have 50 phones at your fingertips w/ ROMs. It is a whole new world for your phone. It's awesome.

I'm a real noob when it comes to this stuff, is bloatware like apps you can t uninstall like Google+ or books? And so it could make my phone have the same basic look as say, a Droid razr?

Iggles

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the 32 gig Nexus 7. Big fan of it so far. It has a good screen and a lot of horsepower.
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:

I'm a real noob when it comes to this stuff, is bloatware like apps you can t uninstall like Google+ or books? And so it could make my phone have the same basic look as say, a Droid razr?

Bloatware are non google apps that were put on by carriers and manufacturers which cant be removed.... I think

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 18 of 100

Jump to: