Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Android Thread V2 (Apple can't ban this)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Android Thread V2 (Apple can't ban this) Reply with quote

Here is the next iteration of the Android thread.

Verizon Galaxy S3 is in the mail right now. Should be here anytime now. I see they already found a way around the locked bootloader

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I may pull the trigger on the SGIII in store tomorrow.

It's funny how the previous sole iPhone host (AT&T) now has the best Android (and WP) devices.
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you guys actually get one, please post your thoughts. I literally tracked stuff about the S3 for so long but obviously didn't pull the trigger on it. Lemme know what you guys think.

Thanks, Tzimisce
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
I think I may pull the trigger on the SGIII in store tomorrow.

It's funny how the previous sole iPhone host (AT&T) now has the best Android (and WP) devices.

To be fair, its not that hard since AT&T is a GSM Carrier. They have the capability for any non CDMA phone ever made to run on their network.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone else lose some battery length with the razr maxx upgrade? it seems my battery isnt as good as it used to be

Thanks to CalhounLambeau for the sig!
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered the SG3 a few days ago and the shipping date is July 19th? Whats up with that?

Also, is anyone here into making apps, or have any ideas for apps? It's something I'd like to get into.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My SGS3 finally shipped. Thank god.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SimsZilla wrote:
anyone else lose some battery length with the razr maxx upgrade? it seems my battery isnt as good as it used to be

mine actually seems better. the system eats less resources. check that your screen isn't super bright.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
I ordered the SG3 a few days ago and the shipping date is July 19th? Whats up with that?

They're planning on 19 million sold by the end of summer. That is where I'm guessing it lies. LOL.

Majority of people here in my office have it (all converted from iPhones) and I'm stuck w/ the wonderful TBolt.... hellooooo jealousy hahahaha

PM sig requests.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went into the AT&T store today and I took a look at both the Samsung Galaxy S III and the HTC One X.

I was a bit underwhelmed by the GSIII. It doesn't have great form factor (though I do like the physical home key) and the screen was just 'nice' (I didn't love the dramatic color contrast). The Galaxy does, though, have a great keyboard and browser.

The One X impressed me a bit more. I liked the subdued look of the Sense UI and the more real color spectrum. The phone also does appear to have the edge in build quality and design. I tested to see if the browser lag was true and it didn't seem too far behind the SGIII (although I suspect 4G coverage in the AT&T store would be unrealistically top notch).

Still, though, if I had to buy a phone today it would have been the SGIII. I think I feel more comfortable, though, waiting for the next iPhone to arrive.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
I think I feel more comfortable, though, waiting for the next iPhone to arrive.

I have a few friends doing the same. Is Apple going to switch it up at all or it is going to be the same ol same ol that iAnything has become (w/ the exception of iPods)? I mean, I know the specs will differ as it will probably be faster and have better stuff inside but will the format and layout differ at all?

Maybe it's just me but I could see that getting extremely boring. I like new stuff. Hell, since I figured out themes, I've given my phone facelifts 3 times in 5 months LOL. Still waiting til I give in to root it......

PM sig requests.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:
I think I feel more comfortable, though, waiting for the next iPhone to arrive.

I have a few friends doing the same. Is Apple going to switch it up at all or it is going to be the same ol same ol that iAnything has become (w/ the exception of iPods)? I mean, I know the specs will differ as it will probably be faster and have better stuff inside but will the format and layout differ at all?

Maybe it's just me but I could see that getting extremely boring. I like new stuff. Hell, since I figured out themes, I've given my phone facelifts 3 times in 5 months LOL. Still waiting til I give in to root it......

It's not a problem really if you have no problem with iOS (which I don't). I've had a Motorola Atrix for the past couple of years and the novelty of Android has worn off a bit for me. To me, it's all about how a phone fundamentally works and despite the detractors, it's hard to deny that iOS is a refined system.

WP8 also intrigues me (especially the next Lumia). For my consumer needs, it's better for me to wait.
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well to be fair, most of the users have phones with skins on them. And on top of it, they are still running an almost 2 year old version of Android. Buy a nexus phone (either the one thats out now or the ones releasing this fall) and then compare.

Also, JTagg7754, pull the trigger and root man. It will make your Thunderbolt interesting for another few months until ICS comes out. I've rooted and I've installed pure gingerbread, Sense 2.1, Sense 3.0. Sense 3.5, De-sensed, and so much more.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:
Well to be fair, most of the users have phones with skins on them. And on top of it, they are still running an almost 2 year old version of Android. Buy a nexus phone (either the one thats out now or the ones releasing this fall) and then compare.

Also, JTagg7754, pull the trigger and root man. It will make your Thunderbolt interesting for another few months until ICS comes out. I've rooted and I've installed pure gingerbread, Sense 2.1, Sense 3.0. Sense 3.5, De-sensed, and so much more.

I have never rooted a phone before. About to pick up the S3 for my boo later this month and then I'll have a original Galaxy S and a first gen Android to attempt to do it on first.

I'm just terrified I'll jack up my phone for good LOL. I really do want to root it though. There's so many little tweaks I would love to make and from what I gathered (haven't read too much into it), it's as simple as opening a file and editing a little text which is a portion of what I do for a living anyway so I'm familiar LOL.

PM sig requests.
BornToFly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any idea on how to remedy this?

I have the Epic Touch GS2, and when I go to send a text mesg, there are spam contacts in there, ( from skype, i think ) and I don't know how to delete them? I've deleted them from skype itself, but it's still in there. Kind of awkward when I'm showing my boss how to use his to send an email, and I bring up my contacts and there is one labeled "Fabio Mode" with a half naked dude on it. ( thanks skype )

Evil or Very Mad

I want these spam contacts off my PHONE!!

Thanks BenderRodriguez for the sig!
BornToFly's Relationship Advice v.17

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 1 of 100

Jump to: