Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Everson Griffen moving to LB; back to DE?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ even though they did, the Lions did not get the best out of that arrangement.

Very Happy

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
not a stupid question at all. if you look at the first post of this thread and early conversations you'll see that's what the Vikings were intending, or at least trying, with him in July and August.

but they decided he's a better fit at end. but if you saw last week's game, you'll see him drop back in to coverage on a blitz play and pick off the ball perfectly.

Thanks for answering and forgive the obtuseness that is oldman9er... but was that a yes or no to my question. Embarassed

Quote:
If Brinkley is to depart, would Vikings fans be in favor of Griffen moving to WLB as Henderson slides inside?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
not a stupid question at all. if you look at the first post of this thread and early conversations you'll see that's what the Vikings were intending, or at least trying, with him in July and August.

but they decided he's a better fit at end. but if you saw last week's game, you'll see him drop back in to coverage on a blitz play and pick off the ball perfectly.

Thanks for answering and forgive the obtuseness that is oldman9er... but was that a yes or no to my question. Embarassed

Quote:
If Brinkley is to depart, would Vikings fans be in favor of Griffen moving to WLB as Henderson slides inside?

No. The Griffen to linebacker experiment is over. He'll remain at defensive end. And I shutter at the idea of Henderson moving inside.

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henderson would be absolutely terrible playing inside.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griffen, the dude without a shirt on in this video, showing off his break dance moves at Winter Park:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/21/minnesota-vikings-breakdancing-video/1785705/

Webmaster wrote:
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Griffen, the dude without a shirt on in this video, showing off his break dance moves at Winter Park:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/21/minnesota-vikings-breakdancing-video/1785705/

I like Fred Evans attempt Laughing
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frazier: "Griffen's one of those guys whos paid attention, hes listened and, we always knew he was a good athlete, but just being able to manage some of the other things that were happening in his life. Hes a great example for a lot of young players that come into our League. Hes really grown up. The tragedy he faced this season, losing his mother, that was hard. But the way he responded, even in the midst of that tragedy, you have to take your hat off to him at how courageous he is. I told him I know his mother would be extremely proud of him and the way hes handled himself. Hes come a long ways.

http://blog.vikings.com/2012/12/20/frazier-speaks-to-greenways-leadership-griffens-growth/

Webmaster wrote:
skywindO2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He led the team's post game chant yesterday. Soon to be another leader on the team then, right?

I've been a huge fan of Griffen since last year when he chased down Randall Cobb on a kick return. He's such an athletic freak and I hope we see a lot more of him.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Klomp

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming out of college at USC, Griffen was viewed by many, including ESPN draft guru Mel Kiper, as a first-round talent projecting him 29th in his annual draft book mock draft. Many others, including us, had him rated a late-first, early-second round pick, with his primary drawback being immaturity, a lack of focus and some off-field run-ins with the law.

The result was that a player with a first- or second-round grade based strictly on game tape didnt get drafted on Day One of the 2010 draft. Or Day Two. He went on Day Three in the fourth round, where, historically speaking, players with talent and red flags come off the board in a hurry.

Griffen doesnt hold any resentment over his draft weekend snub. He has long since taken ownership of it and has used it to light a fire under himself to get better and prove that he was worthy of being taken earlier in the draft than he was when he fell to the Vikings with the first pick on the third day of the 2010 draft.

I did some stuff in college that I knew would affect my draft stock, Griffen said. I ended up dropping a couple of rounds farther than I thought I would, but I put the blame all on me. There was nobody else that caused my stock to fall other than me and some of the situations I got myself into. Ive been grinding ever since to get to the point that I can be counted on to be a big contributor to this team and I think thats starting to show up.

It was disappointing at the time, but Ive used it as motivation since, Griffen said. Its helped me to realize that nothing is guaranteed and that you have to work hard to get your spot on the team and even harder to keep it. Ive spent the last three years trying to prove myself and I believe its paying off now.

http://min.scout.com/2/1253155.html
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On whether it was his best game as a pro:

Griffen: "Yeah. Best game. When the opportunity arrives, you have to go out there and seize the moment, and that's what I did. I can't be happier with myself."

On repeatedly beating Packers right tackle Don Barclay:

Griffen: "That's what you've got to do. You have to keep on beating him and beating him, and that's what I did. I kept on going and staying focused. I know my mom is watching down on me right now, just smiling and happy. I'm taking the good steps and becoming a pro."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_22285307/vikings-everson-griffen-is-taking-good-steps-and

Webmaster wrote:
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
On whether it was his best game as a pro:

Griffen: "Yeah. Best game. When the opportunity arrives, you have to go out there and seize the moment, and that's what I did. I can't be happier with myself."

On repeatedly beating Packers right tackle Don Barclay:

Griffen: "That's what you've got to do. You have to keep on beating him and beating him, and that's what I did. I kept on going and staying focused. I know my mom is watching down on me right now, just smiling and happy. I'm taking the good steps and becoming a pro."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_22285307/vikings-everson-griffen-is-taking-good-steps-and

My wife was watching his dancing videos on youtube after his sacks. One of her new favorite players.
perrynoid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long before he wrests the starting spot away from Robison?
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perrynoid wrote:

should be in one week, but it won't be until after Training Camp next season.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
Robbroy45

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
perrynoid wrote:

What about kicking Robison inside to UT and starting Everson across from Jared? I remember in the 2009 season, and especially in the playoff run, Robison was being kicked inside a lot as a sub for K-Will and he was actually a pretty good UT. Any chance we just permanently kick Brian inside so that we don't have to overspend to re-sign K-Will and still be able to start Brian and Everson?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robbroy45 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
perrynoid wrote:

What about kicking Robison inside to UT and starting Everson across from Jared? I remember in the 2009 season, and especially in the playoff run, Robison was being kicked inside a lot as a sub for K-Will and he was actually a pretty good UT. Any chance we just permanently kick Brian inside so that we don't have to overspend to re-sign K-Will and still be able to start Brian and Everson?

I can't see that. Kevin is a huge part of our run defense. If he isn't kept they have to get a real replacement. Robison could come in on passing downs but at 265 lbs. he would get pushed around.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: