Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Arian Foster's new diet
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treece300e wrote:

Thank you for the information. I have no interest in becoming vegan myself, but it never hurts to learn about other lifestyles. I would assume there are numerous supplements available that are within the Vegan standards that Arian can take if necessary. As long as he performs, I don't care what he eats. If he became an in-your-face activist about animal rights or something I'd be a little annoyed, but that's true of anyone regardless of the belief they are trying to shove down your throat.

Yeah - those Vegans are annoying. Most people don't go around telling me how I should eat steak and how much better their lives are now that they eat steak - so I don't feel like I should tell them what to eat and how awesome my lifestyle is unless they wanna chat about it. There are lots of supplements you can take - I didn't notice any difference after I got over the initial transition period. It's just another way of eating - it's just as easy to be an unhealthy vegan as it is to be an unhealthy meat eater. I'm pretty sure Arian will be keeping a close eye on his health.

And yes - Jello is made from gelatin - gelatin comes from ground up bones of cattle or other animals depending on the product. Gelatin rhymes with skeleton - and it's not a coincidence.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
treece300e wrote:

Thank you for the information. I have no interest in becoming vegan myself, but it never hurts to learn about other lifestyles. I would assume there are numerous supplements available that are within the Vegan standards that Arian can take if necessary. As long as he performs, I don't care what he eats. If he became an in-your-face activist about animal rights or something I'd be a little annoyed, but that's true of anyone regardless of the belief they are trying to shove down your throat.

Yeah - those Vegans are annoying. Most people don't go around telling me how I should eat steak and how much better their lives are now that they eat steak - so I don't feel like I should tell them what to eat and how awesome my lifestyle is unless they wanna chat about it. There are lots of supplements you can take - I didn't notice any difference after I got over the initial transition period. It's just another way of eating - it's just as easy to be an unhealthy vegan as it is to be an unhealthy meat eater. I'm pretty sure Arian will be keeping a close eye on his health.

And yes - Jello is made from gelatin - gelatin comes from ground up bones of cattle or other animals depending on the product. Gelatin rhymes with skeleton - and it's not a coincidence.

1) Appreciate the insights, but I assure you that your "theoretical" definition of veganism is far different from the reality in practice where individuals each hold their own beliefs. The Pope may have one idea of what it means to be Catholic, but if you think all the 2 child families sitting next to me in church are just really good at "family planning" you are kidding yourself. Some may say that having Seahawks graphics should preclude one from identifying themselves as xxTexan in a football forum and attempt to dictate what makes someone a "real fan", while others accept than fans each bring diverse histories and levels of devotion and don't seek to make their club home to the exclusive few that meet their rigid standard which is where the more egregious hypocrisy usually lies.

2) That you would surmise that Arian Foster prescribes to all the tenets of veganism based upon a statement in a 140 character social marketing vehicle is as crazy as thinking that Chad Ochocinco was turning Japanese because he sent a tweet that he was changing his name to "Hachi Go." Paris Hilton can call herself a DJ because she wears headphones in a club, but that doesn't make her one any more than being in a movie makes her an actress. I suspect Arian was prepared for flak from the pro-meat, anti-vegan crowd, but ultimately it will be intolerant vegans that cause him the most grief despite making a good faith effort to embrace the lifestyle.

3) Thanks for the update on pigskin. Next thing you will tell me that there isn't cocaine in my Coca-Cola anymore. Quite aware that the inside of a football is rubber, but the outside has always been leather and if I forget where that comes from, I have a reminder on the side of our helmets. Since it would be hypocritical for Arian to play a game that continues to feature men fighting to possess a product of animal cruelty, he is precluded from meeting your vegan standard anyway, so he might as well bee line to the Burger King. You might also want to google "sense of humor." Can you please also dispel my fears for Matt Schaub's life if Chris Myers were to go vegan and expose him to toxic anal emissions because I was surely serious about that as well?

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
jargin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
treece300e wrote:

1) Appreciate the insights, but I assure you that your "theoretical" definition of veganism is far different from the reality in practice where individuals each hold their own beliefs. The Pope may have one idea of what it means to be Catholic, but if you think all the 2 child families sitting next to me in church are just really good at "family planning" you are kidding yourself. Some may say that having Seahawks graphics should preclude one from identifying themselves as xxTexan in a football forum and attempt to dictate what makes someone a "real fan", while others accept than fans each bring diverse histories and levels of devotion and don't seek to make their club home to the exclusive few that meet their rigid standard which is where the more egregious hypocrisy usually lies.

2) That you would surmise that Arian Foster prescribes to all the tenets of veganism based upon a statement in a 140 character social marketing vehicle is as crazy as thinking that Chad Ochocinco was turning Japanese because he sent a tweet that he was changing his name to "Hachi Go." Paris Hilton can call herself a DJ because she wears headphones in a club, but that doesn't make her one any more than being in a movie makes her an actress. I suspect Arian was prepared for flak from the pro-meat, anti-vegan crowd, but ultimately it will be intolerant vegans that cause him the most grief despite making a good faith effort to embrace the lifestyle.

3) Thanks for the update on pigskin. Next thing you will tell me that there isn't cocaine in my Coca-Cola anymore. Quite aware that the inside of a football is rubber, but the outside has always been leather and if I forget where that comes from, I have a reminder on the side of our helmets. Since it would be hypocritical for Arian to play a game that continues to feature men fighting to possess a product of animal cruelty, he is precluded from meeting your vegan standard anyway, so he might as well bee line to the Burger King. You might also want to google "sense of humor." Can you please also dispel my fears for Matt Schaub's life if Chris Myers were to go vegan and expose him to toxic anal emissions because I was surely serious about that as well?
I laughed when I read this

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
amazingandre

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be the off-season if we're debating what it means to be a vegan Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other proposed "ethical vegan-approved" changes for the Texans:

Slogan: "Legumes on parade!"

Seats: The Tofu-pen!

Trade Bryan "Braman" and David "Hunter" for Ray "Rice" and Brandon "Flowers"

Replace "Earl Campbell's Sausage" with "Hartmann's Hummus."

Horse Collar tackles draw a jail term

"Pancake" blocks now referred to as "Lentil Pattie" blocks.

Referees uniforms replaced by green hemp serape's out of respect to the plight of the zebra.

Ed Begley for commissioner!

Billy "White Shoes" Johnson kick return records changed to Billy "Earth Shoes" Johnson

"Flea flicker" play and "Wishbone" offense replaced by "Nut Picker" & "Broccoli Stalk"

Pregame tailgating replaced by organic gardening.

Toro mascot replaced by Paco the Pickle (below).

jargin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I laughed again.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Must be the off-season if we're debating what it means to be a vegan Shocked

Thank god training camp starts in 17 days

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
31 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
amazingandre

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Other proposed "ethical vegan-approved" changes for the Texans:

Slogan: "Legumes on parade!"

Seats: The Tofu-pen!

Trade Bryan "Braman" and David "Hunter" for Ray "Rice" and Brandon "Flowers"

Replace "Earl Campbell's Sausage" with "Hartmann's Hummus."

Horse Collar tackles draw a jail term

"Pancake" blocks now referred to as "Lentil Pattie" blocks.

Referees uniforms replaced by green hemp serape's out of respect to the plight of the zebra.

Ed Begley for commissioner!

Billy "White Shoes" Johnson kick return records changed to Billy "Earth Shoes" Johnson

"Flea flicker" play and "Wishbone" offense replaced by "Nut Picker" & "Broccoli Stalk"

Pregame tailgating replaced by organic gardening.

Toro mascot replaced by Paco the Pickle (below).

LOL

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:

I don't know you well enough to know if you're joking or not. There is only one kind of vegan - I doubt very much that Arian Foster is a vegan but rather that he's choosing to eat a diet that does not consist of animal products or by-products. I just thought you might want to know a little bit about veganism - you seem a bit confused on the topic. People can call themselves whatever they want but if they are telling people they are vegan while wearing a leather belt - they are lying to themselves and others. Same goes with the "Catholics" you mentioned - just lying to themselves and their friends but I won't be discussing religion here. I applaud Foster for taking a more progessive choice in terms of his diet and hope it continues. I apologize if it seemed like I was giving him "flak". I don't think I was...but you seem hostile. He did say "going completely vegan" which implies he's at least trying to adopt a lifestyle as well as a diet.

Also - I'm not a Texans fan. First and foremost I'm a Seahawks fan who has lived in the NorthWest my whole life. The "SwiftTexan" moniker comes from a combination of two nicknames I have - I didn't realise it would preclude me from posting here or that it meant I would be labeled as a Texans fan. Why not a Cowboys fan - they play in Texas right? I will admit I follow the Texans pretty closely because they entered into the NFL about the same time I started to take football seriously so it's cool to see a team being built from the ground up.

Am I the only one who read that with a degree of hostility? I don't think Foster should line up at Burger King. I applaud him for trying to make the world a better place by choosing to go Vegan. His choice has an immediate and incredible impact on the environement, his health and his social impact. His economic and social justice footprint will be reduced because of the decisions he makes - and that's a good thing right? You may not have known that a football was originally made with an inflated pig's blatter - it's an interesting tidbit. Some people don't know where the term "pigskin" came from. For example - did you know that the symbol for "huddle-up" that a QB makes by making a clapping motion while intertwining his fingers actually comes from a deaf man who was a QB and had to get his players to form a circle around him so that the opposing team could not read the plays from his hand motions. That is why QBs now get the team to huddle up - it comes from a deaf QB. Neat no?

I also applaud you for finding the "thesaurus" button on your computer - well done sir.
kenney

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:

I don't know you well enough to know if you're joking or not. There is only one kind of vegan - I doubt very much that Arian Foster is a vegan but rather that he's choosing to eat a diet that does not consist of animal products or by-products. I just thought you might want to know a little bit about veganism - you seem a bit confused on the topic. People can call themselves whatever they want but if they are telling people they are vegan while wearing a leather belt - they are lying to themselves and others. Same goes with the "Catholics" you mentioned - just lying to themselves and their friends but I won't be discussing religion here. I applaud Foster for taking a more progessive choice in terms of his diet and hope it continues. I apologize if it seemed like I was giving him "flak". I don't think I was...but you seem hostile. He did say "going completely vegan" which implies he's at least trying to adopt a lifestyle as well as a diet.

Also - I'm not a Texans fan. First and foremost I'm a Seahawks fan who has lived in the NorthWest my whole life. The "SwiftTexan" moniker comes from a combination of two nicknames I have - I didn't realise it would preclude me from posting here or that it meant I would be labeled as a Texans fan. Why not a Cowboys fan - they play in Texas right? I will admit I follow the Texans pretty closely because they entered into the NFL about the same time I started to take football seriously so it's cool to see a team being built from the ground up.

Am I the only one who read that with a degree of hostility? I don't think Foster should line up at Burger King. I applaud him for trying to make the world a better place by choosing to go Vegan. His choice has an immediate and incredible impact on the environement, his health and his social impact. His economic and social justice footprint will be reduced because of the decisions he makes - and that's a good thing right? You may not have known that a football was originally made with an inflated pig's blatter - it's an interesting tidbit. Some people don't know where the term "pigskin" came from. For example - did you know that the symbol for "huddle-up" that a QB makes by making a clapping motion while intertwining his fingers actually comes from a deaf man who was a QB and had to get his players to form a circle around him so that the opposing team could not read the plays from his hand motions. That is why QBs now get the team to huddle up - it comes from a deaf QB. Neat no?

I also applaud you for finding the "thesaurus" button on your computer - well done sir.

Apollo, while the brightest person here with the exception of perhaps Grasspike, is an [inappropriate/removed]. Take what he says in these sorts of situations with a grain of salt.
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear God make training camp start please.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1254596-arian-foster-five-other-successful-vegan-or-vegetarian-athletes

It's Bleacher, but still something to digest Wink

Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:

Let me check my thesaurus for other ways to say pompous condescending jackhole who personifies the exact type of holier than thou elitist that has held back meaningful environmental, health, animal rights, and social causes in this country since the 60's. While you have every right to define what veganism means for you, there are no pallets of stone that came down from the mountain that deny the right of a dietary vegan to define themselves as vegan while not embracing the totality of ethical and environmental veganism. Sometimes society needs the "hybrid" to break away from the hummer, and people who embrace this step don't need the pedal power or golf cart electric crowd telling them that they are poser environmentalists. I agree that people often confuse being vegetarian and vegan, but continuing to purport there being only 1 type of vegan does your "movement" a massive disservice and puts you on the same plane as right wing biblical inerrantists who impose their narrow interpretation upon others. If Arian Foster had twittered that he was becoming a Morman, I'm sure there would be people that would find him playing football on Sunday to be incongruent with certain interpretations, but at least most of them are stuck on some isolate compound somewhere without internet access. How do you get internet access on your commune anyway, swifttexan? I'm sorry, was that too "hostile" for you? I guess that's what happens when you start talking politics with fans of a violent game...

mse326

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone cut out the personal attacks. Don't make me have to pull mod duties.

mse

#JDI
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
Everyone cut out the personal attacks. Don't make me have to pull mod duties.

mse

How is that guy still allowed to post on here? I would have thought he would have been banned ages ago with that kind of attitude and language...

I'll be leaving now - but I'm shocked that mods allow for this kind of behaviour. I was given a temporary ban for something that pales in comparison to what Appollo just spewed - I'm disappointed in the management of this site. Extremely disappointed that you would let someone be a part of this community who expresses this kind of hostility and ill-temper. Good luck with that hooligan Texans fan - I don't know how you tolerate it. If you don't have anything nice to say - maybe you shouldn't post at all. I was just trying to be informative and clear up some misconceptions but clearly my contributions were not appreciated. Take a deep breath - it's going to be okay.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: