Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

College Thread 6.0!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaclinandMCcoy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
MaclinandMCcoy wrote:
I don't know why I bother. I plan...and plan and make a great schedule with good professors and BAM....everything is full

No point in planning. Everything ends up full or you can't get into the classes you want to or the professors you want to. Gotta hope for some add/drop magic.

Stupidest thing of all is that I want to get into a certain section but it won't let me because I need authorization...when the restriction is that you have to be a Sports Management major...WHICH I AM. Making me so angry.

But yea, my schedule sucks right now. Trying to fix it.

Yeah really, hoping for some magic indeed. Speaking of, a few of my friends are doing Sports Management, where did you do your first internship? just out of curiosity?
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaclinandMCcoy wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
MaclinandMCcoy wrote:
I don't know why I bother. I plan...and plan and make a great schedule with good professors and BAM....everything is full

No point in planning. Everything ends up full or you can't get into the classes you want to or the professors you want to. Gotta hope for some add/drop magic.

Stupidest thing of all is that I want to get into a certain section but it won't let me because I need authorization...when the restriction is that you have to be a Sports Management major...WHICH I AM. Making me so angry.

Yeah really, hoping for some magic indeed. Speaking of, a few of my friends are doing Sports Management, where did you do your first internship? just out of curiosity?

Technically, I haven't done my Practicum yet but I've already done 2 internships, they just weren't for school credit. I did them with a NFL team though.

Typically, the best place to try and do it if you are having trouble would be to do it with the athletic department or a venue nearby. They send us a ton of internship emails, your friends should have gotten some of them...I'd think.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Mr. V

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should I tell colleges that I'm applying to that I've gone through some of the open courses on top colleges' websites?

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. V wrote:
Should I tell colleges that I'm applying to that I've gone through some of the open courses on top colleges' websites?

It can't hurt.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
lionslicer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in community college, I want to transfer so I can go to a four year school because I finally figured out what my major was.

Every university I apply tp wants my high school transcript. Why? What I did in high school should be irrelevant if I've been getting good grades in college unless I took college level or special classes in high school like computer aided design, engineering, etc.

This really annoys me, because my high school years were bad. I started out good as a freshman, had a 3.8 GPA, long depressing story short, I barely graduated with a 2.007 GPA ... I know I could write a letter with my application explaining my situation, but I can't help but think in the back of my mind I'll never get into a higher level university because of a few bad years during my youth. Why as a society do we weigh so much on what someone did in 4 years of their life, during the most complicated time for everyone.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lionslicer wrote:
I'm in community college, I want to transfer so I can go to a four year school because I finally figured out what my major was.

Every university I apply tp wants my high school transcript. Why? What I did in high school should be irrelevant if I've been getting good grades in college unless I took college level or special classes in high school like computer aided design, engineering, etc.

This really annoys me, because my high school years were bad. I started out good as a freshman, had a 3.8 GPA, long depressing story short, I barely graduated with a 2.007 GPA ... I know I could write a letter with my application explaining my situation, but I can't help but think in the back of my mind I'll never get into a higher level university because of a few bad years during my youth. Why as a society do we weigh so much on what someone did in 4 years of their life, during the most complicated time for everyone.

Won't know until you try.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lionslicer wrote:

how many college credits do you have? after like 30 iirc, high school grades are pretty irrelevant.

El Ramster on the amazing work
lionslicer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
lionslicer wrote:

how many college credits do you have? after like 30 iirc, high school grades are pretty irrelevant.

Almost 60.

It's just annoying that they ask and I have to get a separate transcript for each college because you know, they have to have an official transcript. Mailed from the high school, unopened, with a specialized seal...

It's just the most annoying and frustrating process just to prove I actually graduated high school.
swoosh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lionslicer wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
lionslicer wrote:

Almost 60.

It's just annoying that they ask and I have to get a separate transcript for each college because you know, they have to have an official transcript. Mailed from the high school, unopened, with a specialized seal...

It's just the most annoying and frustrating process just to prove I actually graduated high school.

Weird. From my understanding, with that many credits most colleges don't even care what you did in HS.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does sound odd. When I transferred from a community college to a four year university, they were ONLY interested in my college transcript. They couldn't care any less about high school grades, or ACT/SAT scores.
justo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lionslicer wrote:

Private universities? After 36 credits they shouldn't even look at your HS credits at all if they are public. Privates can do what ever the hell they want with transfer students though
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
maes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaclinandMCcoy wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
MaclinandMCcoy wrote:

I actually got my ideal schedule minus one class. For some reason one of the classes I was trying to add said I need special permission (even though I met all of the requirements).

Here she is:

I was thinking about giving myself T/Th off and adding that Mgmt class 5:30MW but not worth it IMO. All the Japanese classes are on MF so no way I could avoid that.
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maes wrote:
MaclinandMCcoy wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
MaclinandMCcoy wrote:

I actually got my ideal schedule minus one class. For some reason one of the classes I was trying to add said I need special permission (even though I met all of the requirements).

Here she is:

I was thinking about giving myself T/Th off and adding that Mgmt class 5:30MW but not worth it IMO. All the Japanese classes are on MF so no way I could avoid that.

Japanese? Theres no way Id get anything higher than a D in that..

I wanted to take an Italian class but it's an instant italian class, and i dont think id take it seriously unless it was a full class led by a professor.

My sched it:

Computer technology
public speaking
human development
environmental science
creative writing

16 credits, and should be fun because i had to take a half year off.

Also, justo will be attending my college soon ( Pray )

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Also, justo will be attending my college soon ( Pray )

I mean...if you are going to Columbia Gorge Community College next term or University of Oregon in the fall....
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
MaclinandMCcoy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maes wrote:
MaclinandMCcoy wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
MaclinandMCcoy wrote:

Here she is:

Gordonier for Econ and Lambdin L for MGMT?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 56 of 100

Jump to: