Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Fitness Thread Version VIII
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Anyone have any experience with Krealkalyn? I never buy supplements besides pre workout but my cousin had a bottle he didn't use and he gave it to me. Is it any better than creatine or is it roughly the same stuff?

Got paged

It costs more. Thats the difference.

^Joe_is_the_best
palmy50

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
If I deadlift more than the bar I F my back up. 3 days later and it will feel like my spine is disconnected. And I feel like I have proper form too. Sad

You can't deadlift with just the bar, not sure its physically possible to do standard deadlifts with proper form that way. Ideal deadlifts require the height of a standard 45 lb plate. If you cannot do 135 lbs then just stack weights underneath the bar until you have the bar at about the same height it would be it if there were 45 lb plates attached (lower to mid shin). You may not have proper form, so I'd suggest the next time you try and deadlift you either video tape yourself or have an informed friend watch you. Just remember to keep an arch in your back, go up by stomping your heels to the ground rather than pulling with your back, when you reach the top don't push your hips forward and curl your back like you'll see many do, lastly if your doing proper form and the pain persist maybe try wearing a weight lifting belt? Maybe try a doctor too, because the whole spine disconnecting feeling doesn't sound too good.

I've had guys watch me, said it wasn't bad. I guess I just have a weak lower back.

Ever try "good mornings"? Might help build up your lower back a bit and get the deadlift wagon going.

Yeah I do those every once in a while.

And I have bad knees and a bad shoulder, another reason I don't do compound exercises. Sad

That must be hell. Would drive me frickin crazy!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an issue when I squat a new heaviest weight. When I push for a new PB sometimes I won't be as stable as at lower reps for obvious reasons. Now my shoulders are a little tight it seems and I can't get that low bar placement quite spot on for my squats so it kind of digs in sometimes and seems to hit a nerve or something. It's not painful but its weird, kinda send my arm a little weak (kinda like when you hit your funnybone) and compromises the rest of my workout. Again, doesn't always happen.

^Kempes
M.10.E

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
If I deadlift more than the bar I F my back up. 3 days later and it will feel like my spine is disconnected. And I feel like I have proper form too. Sad

You can't deadlift with just the bar, not sure its physically possible to do standard deadlifts with proper form that way. Ideal deadlifts require the height of a standard 45 lb plate. If you cannot do 135 lbs then just stack weights underneath the bar until you have the bar at about the same height it would be it if there were 45 lb plates attached (lower to mid shin). You may not have proper form, so I'd suggest the next time you try and deadlift you either video tape yourself or have an informed friend watch you. Just remember to keep an arch in your back, go up by stomping your heels to the ground rather than pulling with your back, when you reach the top don't push your hips forward and curl your back like you'll see many do, lastly if your doing proper form and the pain persist maybe try wearing a weight lifting belt? Maybe try a doctor too, because the whole spine disconnecting feeling doesn't sound too good.

I've had guys watch me, said it wasn't bad. I guess I just have a weak lower back.

Ever try "good mornings"? Might help build up your lower back a bit and get the deadlift wagon going.

Yeah I do those every once in a while.

And I have bad knees and a bad shoulder, another reason I don't do compound exercises. Sad
Sounds like you just need to stop lifting.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.10.E wrote:

Never! I still do well with light weights and I can kill my arms, back and traps Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
M.10.E wrote:

Never! I still do well with light weights and I can kill my arms, back and traps Smile

A little part of me would die each day! I mean, have you given everything a go? Have you seen a Dr? My god man, you must be going CRAZY!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunnygsm wrote:
I have an issue when I squat a new heaviest weight. When I push for a new PB sometimes I won't be as stable as at lower reps for obvious reasons. Now my shoulders are a little tight it seems and I can't get that low bar placement quite spot on for my squats so it kind of digs in sometimes and seems to hit a nerve or something. It's not painful but its weird, kinda send my arm a little weak (kinda like when you hit your funnybone) and compromises the rest of my workout. Again, doesn't always happen.

What do you use when you squat? Barbell Pad, Manta Ray or naked bar?
sunnygsm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jyod21 wrote:
sunnygsm wrote:

Naked bar, not really a fan of the pad. Maybe I should try it though, might fix the issue.

Tbh I think I just need to build other parts of my body. I think my squats are a way ahead of the rest of my lifts and at times it seems to be an issue.

^Kempes
jyod21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunnygsm wrote:
jyod21 wrote:
sunnygsm wrote:

Naked bar, not really a fan of the pad. Maybe I should try it though, might fix the issue.

Tbh I think I just need to build other parts of my body. I think my squats are a way ahead of the rest of my lifts and at times it seems to be an issue.

I go naked too, but a Manta Ray may be able to help you with that feeling though. Have you ever tried one? It's hard to tell what's going on, because I obviously can't feel what you're feeling, but it sounds like the pressure of the bar on that area of your back is causing you to either hit a nerve or cut off some kind of circulation. The manta ray helps disperse that pressure over a wider area so it's not as concentrated to the one area of your back. It's actually how I learned to position the bar when I was in high school, because I used to squat with the bar too high on back and cause pain at that knob at the top of your back where your neck starts (not sure of the proper term for it, but you get the picture). Not sure if it would help, but it is worth a look.
AJHawkMAN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright guys, getting back into the weight room after about a year off. I've still done school sports during that time, but I've lost mass especially in my arms.

What are some good workouts to get back into the swing of things.

Btw my goals are bulk up arms (they are small compared to legs), and get leaner in legs/core. With a hopeful outcome of increased speed and quickness.

I was thinking some push presses, cleans, jerks, pull ups (with assistance bands until I get good at them)

MoJo122-b-21 on the Sig
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJHawkMAN wrote:
Alright guys, getting back into the weight room after about a year off. I've still done school sports during that time, but I've lost mass especially in my arms.

Btw my goals are bulk up arms (they are small compared to legs), and get leaner in legs/core. With a hopeful outcome of increased speed and quickness.

I was thinking some push presses, cleans, jerks, pull ups (with assistance bands until I get good at them)

Definitely either squats or deadlifts, at least, both would be ideal. Bench press is also a staple to getting to big upper body. Are you a beginner, intermediate, advanced? http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.htm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJHawkMAN wrote:

Just do the simple things HEAVY. Compound heavy movements are the keys to the car. Your arms will grow as well, trust me.

If you view this arm thing as an issue though, close grip bench press is the best way to add mass on the arms IMO. Many don't understand that your tricep is much bigger than your bicep. Mix in some standing straight bar curls every now and again and your good.

When ya get cute, ya don't grow! Just my 2cents though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
M.10.E wrote:

A little part of me would die each day! I mean, have you given everything a go? Have you seen a Dr? My god man, you must be going CRAZY!

The Physical Therapist I work for works on my shoulder and it does wonders! But I could definitely use an MRI on my knee from being strictly a catcher for 10 years.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My shoulder is so tight. Its making squatting difficult. I go to get under the bar and i basically have to hold it with one arm because my shoudler wont go back that far. I need to stretch it out big time. Only 4 more weeks of football and I can get it back to full strength. Anyone have some good stretches outside of the ordinary ones?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
My shoulder is so tight. Its making squatting difficult. I go to get under the bar and i basically have to hold it with one arm because my shoudler wont go back that far. I need to stretch it out big time. Only 4 more weeks of football and I can get it back to full strength. Anyone have some good stretches outside of the ordinary ones?

http://stronglifts.com/squats-improve-shoulder-flexibility-how-to/

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 57 of 100

Jump to: