Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Fitness Thread Version VIII
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dus10 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Ugh tried a new preworkout called scream and it just tastes awful, mixture of pepto bismol and something sweet. Almost threw up right after taking it

There's this line of Monster Energy drinks; something about being fused with nitrous or something. Some gimmick along those lines. Anywho, I somehow stumbled upon the idea of taking it before my workout and for me, personally - it has worked really well.

I know there's a lot of negative media involving Monster products at the moment but for me personally: a soldier's death not even once.

Yeah I've drank a rockstar before working out before and it gave me TONS of energy but I crashed like halfway through my workout, I'm taking this new stuff called scream and its got creatine and BCAA in it so I kill two birds with one stone but...I wasn't aware it would almost induce vomit, good thing I bought 2 tubs of it Sad Its going to be a long 2 months

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Just got back from chest/tri day. This day always humbles me, because it's a reminder of how far I am from where I used to be in my mid-late 20s. Back then, I was able to get a good amount of weight up; I used to rock 75 lb x 10 reps dumbbells on incline dumbell press (that's a lot of weight to ME, not some of you beasts out there) and have room for more. Now, 45 lb x 10 reps, and my chest is begging me to stop.

Ah, the wonders of aging. Sad

-Skinny at 20
-Toned at 30
-Thin at 40
-Still thin at 50

>>>

-Buff at 20
-Beast at 30
-Really thick to 40
-Just freaking huge, like 300 lbs, at 50

I'd always take no fat over a lot of muscle.

^Props to BenderRodriguez for the GOAT of FF's sigs! Very Happy
XavierHenry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
Had a meeting with our football coach today. He told us the coolest thing ever. Over spring break we have the opportunity to go to LA for 5 days and workout and live side by side with NFL players like Clay Matthews and Ray Rice. Its through this training guy who wants to start training Highschoolers as well as College and Pros and he using our School as a test.

Its $650 dollars to do and we get to run the Sand Hills and just learn about their diets, lifestyles, work ethics and such. Im so pumped. Time to start saving money.

Will you do us the honor and share some of the insight you gained from the rip?

I always wanted too know the lifestyles/diets/etc. of professional athletes, especially NFL players.

x0x wrote:
I think Bradford will be out of the league within 4 seasons
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been putting emphasis on hip movement for rack pulls. If I don't have any pain in the next few weeks I'll finally try deads.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How impressive is an untrained 6 ft 6, 165 lb 15 year old benching 135 lbs 5 times? He's only a freshman and is likely going to start for this year at the 5 for us, he's a twig but he's incredibly skilled and pretty agile for his size. Anyway, me and few other teammates forced him to start going to the gym recently to get the hang of things so that when basketball is over he can bulk up and I was stunned that he was able to bench that much. My other teammates weren't nearly as impressed and thought like "yeah so, I could bench that before I ever weight trained." Am I overrating the impact of his 78 inch wingspan here? That's the main reason I find it so impressive.

Another thing I'd like to get everyones thought on is how much help do you think bouncing the bar is? I spotted for a guy today who did 8 reps of 265 and bounced it off chest worse and worse with every rep. Made me wonder if one can assign a percentage to how much bouncing increases your bench. Do you think this guy could do 8 reps of 245 with proper form, maybe 255? Basically if you had to guess how much in terms of lbs do you think it helps.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
How impressive is an untrained 6 ft 6, 165 lb 15 year old benching 135 lbs 5 times? He's only a freshman and is likely going to start for this year at the 5 for us, he's a twig but he's incredibly skilled and pretty agile for his size. Anyway, me and few other teammates forced him to start going to the gym recently to get the hang of things so that when basketball is over he can bulk up and I was stunned that he was able to bench that much. My other teammates weren't nearly as impressed and thought like "yeah so, I could bench that before I ever weight trained." Am I overrating the impact of his 78 inch wingspan here? That's the main reason I find it so impressive.

Another thing I'd like to get everyones thought on is how much help do you think bouncing the bar is? I spotted for a guy today who did 8 reps of 265 and bounced it off chest worse and worse with every rep. Made me wonder if one can assign a percentage to how much bouncing increases your bench. Do you think this guy could do 8 reps of 245 with proper form, maybe 255? Basically if you had to guess how much in terms of lbs do you think it helps.

135 X 10 is pretty impressive for the firs time lifting. idc how big you are.

benching is weird as hell the first couple times you do it. i believe the first time i benched i got like 45 lbs x 8 just because it was so weird. i was only like 5'8" 130 pounds at the time, but still. even during freshman football, the most i was benching was like 145 x 5 maybe.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

Pretty impressive, especially as a freshman. It wouldn't be impressive as a max but if he can get 5 reps even with his wingspan its definitely a good start for him. He certainly needs to hit the weight room if he's going to play C though

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
c0insnap

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought a product called Pure Test by Finaflex.

It's a Test booster. Heard good things about it and considering how cheap it is I figured I'd pick it up. Was wondering if I had to cycle it with anything? Would it be bad if I didn't?

Beast
RoxSox2004

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Just got back from chest/tri day. This day always humbles me, because it's a reminder of how far I am from where I used to be in my mid-late 20s. Back then, I was able to get a good amount of weight up; I used to rock 75 lb x 10 reps dumbbells on incline dumbell press (that's a lot of weight to ME, not some of you beasts out there) and have room for more. Now, 45 lb x 10 reps, and my chest is begging me to stop.

-Skinny at 20
-Toned at 30
-Thin at 40
-Still thin at 50

>>>

-Buff at 20
-Beast at 30
-Really thick to 40

Muscle doesn't turn into fat as you age. It usually just wastes away.
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoxSox2004 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

-Skinny at 20
-Toned at 30
-Thin at 40
-Still thin at 50

>>>

-Buff at 20
-Beast at 30
-Really thick to 40

Muscle doesn't turn into fat as you age. It usually just wastes away.

yea age 26 or 27 (i forget) is like the peak you will ever be athletically (or at least in terms of potential), after that you gradually just start "going down hill". now obviously this is an extremely slow process and if you keep working out you probably won't even notice until you're in your late 30s, but you can't stop the aging process.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
Just bought a product called Pure Test by Finaflex.

It's a Test booster. Heard good things about it and considering how cheap it is I figured I'd pick it up. Was wondering if I had to cycle it with anything? Would it be bad if I didn't?

You don't have to cycle it with anything. It's D-aspartic acid. It helps boost test. If you end up liking it, I like to get bulk (300 grams) of flavorless powder and mix it with water. If you could find another low priced test booster that does not have D-aspartic acid in it you could stack the two.

ChuckNorris101 on the sig.
Winning isn't a sometime thing.... IT'S AN ALL THE TIME THING!!!
"IT IS TIME" -Kevin Greene to Clay Matthews right before he forced the Mendenhall fumble.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving back home from campus since I'm going on co-op/internship. Best chain gyms? I got LA fitness, Golds Gym and Planet Fitness all pretty close. Planning on going with Planet since I've been there before and its closest. Just looking for any feedback I didn't know about.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
NewYorkJetsFan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the best balance of doing cardio/lifting weights? I'm currently 5'8, and about 170 pounds, but I want to lose 5-10 pounds of fat, but maintain muscle.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewYorkJetsFan wrote:
What's the best balance of doing cardio/lifting weights? I'm currently 5'8, and about 170 pounds, but I want to lose 5-10 pounds of fat, but maintain muscle.

If all you want to do is lose weight, you need to diet. Start eating less, and lift the amount you normally do.
NewYorkJetsFan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoxSox2004 wrote:
NewYorkJetsFan wrote:

If all you want to do is lose weight, you need to diet. Start eating less, and lift the amount you normally do.

I want to lose just fat, but not any of the muscle I currently have. Would it be easier to just lose weight first and then start lifting again or is it possible to do both at the same time?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 88 of 100

Jump to: