Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

ColumbusCrewzer's Prospect A Day Thread (Justin Gilbert)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ColumbusCrewzer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: ColumbusCrewzer's Prospect A Day Thread (Justin Gilbert) Reply with quote

I had originally planned to start this thread in late August or early September but I literally could not contain the excitement I had for this, that and I was afraid somebody else had the same idea. The draft is a long way away but there is certainly no shortage of pro prospects out there. I will be giving you guys a prospect of the day for every day up until the 2013 NFL Draft. I really hope you guys can get behind this. When draft season rolls around more people will be in these parts. Right now it's early and a little slow around here. I will primarily focus on lesser known guys. I will provide highlight clips and small write ups, not scouting reports.

Prospects
1. Luke Marquardt, OT, Azusa Pacific
2. Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall
3. Joseph Fauria, TE, UCLA
4. BW Webb, CB, William and Mary
5. Brad Wing, P, LSU
6. Brad Sorensen, QB, Southern Utah
7. Margus Hunt, DE, SMU
8. John Boyett, FS, Oregon
9. Dave Kruger, DT, Utah
10. Zac Stacy, RB, Vanderbilt
11. Jeff Nady, OT, Nevada
12. Khaled Holmes, C, USC
13. Jonas Celian, OLB, West Virginia Wesleyan
14. Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
15. Montori Hughes, DT, Tennessee-Martin
16. Sean Renfree, QB, Duke
17. Washaun Ealey, RB, Jacksonville State
18. Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
19. Bruce Taylor, ILB, Virginia Tech
20. Terren Jones, OT, Alabama State
21. Marcus Davis, WR, Virginia Tech
22. Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford
23. Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State

Last edited by ColumbusCrewzer on Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:28 pm; edited 26 times in total
ColumbusCrewzer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke Marquardt, OT, Azusa Pacific

Height: 6'10
Weight: 320
School: Azusa Pacific
Position: OT

I will start this off with Luke Marquardt. A guy most of you have probably never heard of. Marquardt is massive. Listed at 6'10 320 but Josh Buchanan says he is closer to 6'8. Competition is certainly a concern as Azusa Pacific is a NAIA school. His intangibles are hard to ignore and if he proves he can dominate at a low level there is absolutely no reason why he shouldn't be given a shot. He is a former basketball player so you know he has a quick feet. Long arms as well. Look for him in the future.

Last edited by ColumbusCrewzer on Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:13 am; edited 2 times in total
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColumbusCrewzer wrote:

I will start this off with Luke Marquardt. A guy most of you have probably never heard of. Marquardt is massive. Listed at 6'10 320 but Josh Buchanan says he is closer to 6'8. Competition is certainly a concern as Azusa Pacific is a NAIA school. His intangibles are hard to ignore and if he proves he can dominate at a low level absolutely no reason why he shouldn't be given a shot. He is a former basketball player so you know he has a quick feet. Long arms as well. Look for him in the future.

CC, how does he move and slide in pass protection? Does he have natural bend or does he tend to get too upright? That is the concern when you have a taller tackle. Jared Veldheer has been able to make the jump to the NFL and I would think his success has caused NFL scouts to look harder at smaller school talent - especially when it comes to offensive linemen. The Chiefs are trying to see if David Mims (Virginia Union) can make transition from small school to the NFL.

Anything else you can tell me about Marquardt would be appreciated.
ColumbusCrewzer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm typically not the best with comparisons so I decided to leave that out of my write ups but I definitely think Veldheer is his NFL counterpart.

I'm not gonna pretend like I've seen him play before but from what I've gathered he has great athleticism for a guy his size, plays with a solid stance, slides comfortably, plays with a mean streak, and a solid pass protector. I think the transition from small school to NFL is easier for a lineman than for say a QB.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall

Height: 6'3
Weight: 204
School: Marshall
Position: WR

Saw this guy play in high school when his team played my brother's team. He picked off my brother three times who was no slouch as he won the Kennedy Award (Best Player in the State of WV) narrowly edging out Dobson. He is certainly poised for a huge year. Rakeem Cato has another year of experience under his belt and Dobson will be his favorite target. Good route runner, good frame, and a good deep threat also. May have had the best catch in all of college football last year. Experts believe he may be the top wideout come next April but I think it's way too early to make predictions.

One-Handed Catch

Last edited by ColumbusCrewzer on Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
zacapr22

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Dobsons size, he could be pretty good in the NFL. Haven't seen him yet, but he looks like a good receiver.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zacapr22 wrote:
I like Dobsons size, he could be pretty good in the NFL. Haven't seen him yet, but he looks like a good receiver.

Perfect blend of size and athleticism. He's going to do big things this year at Marshall. West Virginia obviously isn't a hot-bed for football talent but I'm baffled that WVU ignores in state talent when they have it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joseph Fauria, TE, UCLA

Height: 6'7
Weight: 258
School: UCLA
Position: TE

If you are wondering why this name might sound familiar it is because he is the nephew of former NFL TE Christian Fauria. Fauria is very well rounded. Good blocker and good receiver. He was second on the team in receptions last year. His exellent frame means he is a great red zone target. He will get more targets this year since Cory Harkey graduated. He transferred from Notre Dame and I expect big things from him this year.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColumbusCrewzer wrote:
http://lh5.ggpht.com/-IRVr3lpVVU0/TmRWeAjoiZI/AAAAAAAAAko/40jShTifni0/OKW_8327.JPG

I will start this off with Luke Marquardt. A guy most of you have probably never heard of. Marquardt is massive. Listed at 6'10 320 but Josh Buchanan says he is closer to 6'8. Competition is certainly a concern as Azusa Pacific is a NAIA school. His intangibles are hard to ignore and if he proves he can dominate at a low level there is absolutely no reason why he shouldn't be given a shot. He is a former basketball player so you know he has a quick feet. Long arms as well. Look for him in the future.

I've never heard of him, but he's awfully intriguing as a potential Patriot. They love their tall tackles (Solder and Vollmer are both right around 6'8"), and the Azusa Pacific OL coach is Jackie Slater, NFL HoFer and father of Patriot Matt Slater.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
ColumbusCrewzer wrote:
http://lh5.ggpht.com/-IRVr3lpVVU0/TmRWeAjoiZI/AAAAAAAAAko/40jShTifni0/OKW_8327.JPG

I've never heard of him, but he's awfully intriguing as a potential Patriot. They love their tall tackles (Solder and Vollmer are both right around 6'8"), and the Azusa Pacific OL coach is Jackie Slater, NFL HoFer and father of Patriot Matt Slater.

And Jackie knows a thing or two about blocking! That is a big plus for this kid to be able to try and soak in as much as he can from Slater.
willy_law

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dobson is a junior right? I almost wonder if it would be smarter for him to stay in school so he wouldn't have to go up against

Allen
Hunter
Rogers
Woods
Swope
Hamilton and others
ColumbusCrewzer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:
Dobson is a junior right? I almost wonder if it would be smarter for him to stay in school so he wouldn't have to go up against

No, he's a senior.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColumbusCrewzer wrote:
willy_law wrote:

No, he's a senior.

Well that is disappointing. He should explode this year hopefully its enough for a team to take first round notice but hey if AJ Jenkins can get it, Dobson should be able too
ColumbusCrewzer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:
ColumbusCrewzer wrote:
willy_law wrote:

No, he's a senior.

Well that is disappointing. He should explode this year hopefully its enough for a team to take first round notice but hey if AJ Jenkins can get it, Dobson should be able too

This wide receiver class is deep. Realistically I see him going third or fourth. Hopefully, I'm wrong though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll definitely be keeping up with this, very good write-ups man.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: