Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MMA THREAD XXI (UFC 152: Jones vs. Belfort - Saturday 9/22)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100, 101  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bmore4life815


Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 3429
Location: Climbing up M&T
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
neezy007 wrote:
Rory is going to kill BJ.
I love BJ as much as anyone but I agree 100%. He's going to get rag dolled like Nate Diaz did.

I really don't get the Rory hype at all. He's very well-rounded, sure, but what has he done exactly to solidify this "next GSP" talk?

1. Beating Nate Diaz at 170 isn't even remotely close to beating Nate Diaz at 155.

2. There's a common misconception that Rory was "robbed" against Condit. That's a pile of crap. Even if Rory survived for the seven remaining seconds, it would have more than likely been a unanimous draw. Anyone with even the slightest bit of MMA knowledge knows the third was a clear-cut 10-8. Condit beat the living hell out of him, and, while the stoppage was ill-timed, an argument could easily be made that it could've been waived off a minute or so beforehand.

3. Beating Mike Pyle is a decent win. Nothing more, nothing less.

4. Joe Rogan, the biggest Rory-hugger on the planet, did everything he possibly could to make Che Mills seem legit. You know, the guy who couldn't even qualify for TUF after he got schooled by James Wilks.

Sad thing is, Rory was getting tooled in the stand-up prior to the takedown.

Bottom line: Is Rory a good fighter? Sure. Is he a future champ? Not sure. Until he beats a fighter the caliber of, say, Kos, it's just too hard to say.

I'm very confident that Erick Silva will have the better career when it's all said and done, though.
_________________

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packman Luke


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 20000
Location: Minnesota =(
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

What has Silva done? He looks the part physically, but he hasn't had a single skill tested yet. He has quick hands and at least decent power, but I don't see how you can downplay Rory's credentials then tout Erick Silva. The Fitch fight should be a good indicator of his overall game, assuming Fitch hasn't been completely gutted by his injuries.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bmore4life815


Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 3429
Location: Climbing up M&T
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packman Luke wrote:
Laughing

What has Silva done? He looks the part physically, but he hasn't had a single skill tested yet. He has quick hands and at least decent power, but I don't see how you can downplay Rory's credentials then tout Erick Silva. The Fitch fight should be a good indicator of his overall game, assuming Fitch hasn't been completely gutted by his injuries.

He's the much better striker (he wouldn't need to take the fight to the ground in order to beat Che Mills), has shown a lot more than Rory BJJ-wise, and just looks more explosive.

He's been untested to this point, but I just have a guy feeling that he has the higher ceiling. Nothing about Rory's game blows me away.
_________________

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mistakebytehlak


Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Posts: 44867
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
neezy007 wrote:
Rory is going to kill BJ.
I love BJ as much as anyone but I agree 100%. He's going to get rag dolled like Nate Diaz did.

I really don't get the Rory hype at all. He's very well-rounded, sure, but what has he done exactly to solidify this "next GSP" talk?

1. Beating Nate Diaz at 170 isn't even remotely close to beating Nate Diaz at 155.

2. There's a common misconception that Rory was "robbed" against Condit. That's a pile of crap. Even if Rory survived for the seven remaining seconds, it would have more than likely been a unanimous draw. Anyone with even the slightest bit of MMA knowledge knows the third was a clear-cut 10-8. Condit beat the living hell out of him, and, while the stoppage was ill-timed, an argument could easily be made that it could've been waived off a minute or so beforehand.

3. Beating Mike Pyle is a decent win. Nothing more, nothing less.

4. Joe Rogan, the biggest Rory-hugger on the planet, did everything he possibly could to make Che Mills seem legit. You know, the guy who couldn't even qualify for TUF after he got schooled by James Wilks.

Sad thing is, Rory was getting tooled in the stand-up prior to the takedown.

Bottom line: Is Rory a good fighter? Sure. Is he a future champ? Not sure. Until he beats a fighter the caliber of, say, Kos, it's just too hard to say.

I'm very confident that Erick Silva will have the better career when it's all said and done, though.


? beating a Nick Diaz who's given 15 more pounds to carry more muscle and less weight that needs to be cut before fight day is supposed to be less impressive than the 155 pound nick diaz?

dont gimme that nonsense
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packman Luke


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 20000
Location: Minnesota =(
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
neezy007 wrote:
Rory is going to kill BJ.
I love BJ as much as anyone but I agree 100%. He's going to get rag dolled like Nate Diaz did.

I really don't get the Rory hype at all. He's very well-rounded, sure, but what has he done exactly to solidify this "next GSP" talk?

1. Beating Nate Diaz at 170 isn't even remotely close to beating Nate Diaz at 155.

2. There's a common misconception that Rory was "robbed" against Condit. That's a pile of crap. Even if Rory survived for the seven remaining seconds, it would have more than likely been a unanimous draw. Anyone with even the slightest bit of MMA knowledge knows the third was a clear-cut 10-8. Condit beat the living hell out of him, and, while the stoppage was ill-timed, an argument could easily be made that it could've been waived off a minute or so beforehand.

3. Beating Mike Pyle is a decent win. Nothing more, nothing less.

4. Joe Rogan, the biggest Rory-hugger on the planet, did everything he possibly could to make Che Mills seem legit. You know, the guy who couldn't even qualify for TUF after he got schooled by James Wilks.

Sad thing is, Rory was getting tooled in the stand-up prior to the takedown.

Bottom line: Is Rory a good fighter? Sure. Is he a future champ? Not sure. Until he beats a fighter the caliber of, say, Kos, it's just too hard to say.

I'm very confident that Erick Silva will have the better career when it's all said and done, though.


? beating a Nick Diaz who's given 15 more pounds to carry more muscle and less weight that needs to be cut before fight day is supposed to be less impressive than the 155 pound nick diaz?

dont gimme that nonsense


Nate Diaz, and yes, fighters typically get "better" when they move down. The more weight you cut, the more you put back on. Rory's size played a huge part in his win over Nate Diaz.

That said, Rory Mac's record speaks volumes for his potential. He isn't as explosive as the typical "prospect" but he is huge at 170 and still filling out. His first two rounds against Condit, at the age of 21, showcased how skilled he was already. I understand what bmore is getting at, but I just don't think his argument (basing it off quality of opponents) is convincing. Both guys need more fights, but right now Rory has shown us much more than Silva.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mistakebytehlak


Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Posts: 44867
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packman Luke wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
neezy007 wrote:
Rory is going to kill BJ.
I love BJ as much as anyone but I agree 100%. He's going to get rag dolled like Nate Diaz did.

I really don't get the Rory hype at all. He's very well-rounded, sure, but what has he done exactly to solidify this "next GSP" talk?

1. Beating Nate Diaz at 170 isn't even remotely close to beating Nate Diaz at 155.

2. There's a common misconception that Rory was "robbed" against Condit. That's a pile of crap. Even if Rory survived for the seven remaining seconds, it would have more than likely been a unanimous draw. Anyone with even the slightest bit of MMA knowledge knows the third was a clear-cut 10-8. Condit beat the living hell out of him, and, while the stoppage was ill-timed, an argument could easily be made that it could've been waived off a minute or so beforehand.

3. Beating Mike Pyle is a decent win. Nothing more, nothing less.

4. Joe Rogan, the biggest Rory-hugger on the planet, did everything he possibly could to make Che Mills seem legit. You know, the guy who couldn't even qualify for TUF after he got schooled by James Wilks.

Sad thing is, Rory was getting tooled in the stand-up prior to the takedown.

Bottom line: Is Rory a good fighter? Sure. Is he a future champ? Not sure. Until he beats a fighter the caliber of, say, Kos, it's just too hard to say.

I'm very confident that Erick Silva will have the better career when it's all said and done, though.


? beating a Nick Diaz who's given 15 more pounds to carry more muscle and less weight that needs to be cut before fight day is supposed to be less impressive than the 155 pound nick diaz?

dont gimme that nonsense


Nate Diaz, and yes, fighters typically get "better" when they move down. The more weight you cut, the more you put back on. Rory's size played a huge part in his win over Nate Diaz.

That said, Rory Mac's record speaks volumes for his potential. He isn't as explosive as the typical "prospect" but he is huge at 170 and still filling out. His first two rounds against Condit, at the age of 21, showcased how skilled he was already. I understand what bmore is getting at, but I just don't think his argument (basing it off quality of opponents) is convincing. Both guys need more fights, but right now Rory has shown us much more than Silva.


Nate, Nick who cares they are both punks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bmore4life815


Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 3429
Location: Climbing up M&T
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooh, before I forget:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/If-Given-Another-Chance-Cub-Swanson-Certain-Hed-Beat-Jose-Aldo-10-Out-of-10-Times-46089

I think I know who gets my vote for most delusional UFC fighter....
_________________

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packman Luke


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 20000
Location: Minnesota =(
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
Ooooh, before I forget:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/If-Given-Another-Chance-Cub-Swanson-Certain-Hed-Beat-Jose-Aldo-10-Out-of-10-Times-46089

I think I know who gets my vote for most delusional UFC fighter....


Laughing Aldo's KO of Cub is one of the funniest things ever. Also,

“I’d love to be able to cut down to 145 and fight (Jose) Aldo,” McKenzie told MMA Junkie this week . “I respect the guy, but I think that would be a war.”
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bmore4life815


Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 3429
Location: Climbing up M&T
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packman Luke wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:
Ooooh, before I forget:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/If-Given-Another-Chance-Cub-Swanson-Certain-Hed-Beat-Jose-Aldo-10-Out-of-10-Times-46089

I think I know who gets my vote for most delusional UFC fighter....


Laughing Aldo's KO of Cub is one of the funniest things ever. Also,

“I’d love to be able to cut down to 145 and fight (Jose) Aldo,” McKenzie told MMA Junkie this week . “I respect the guy, but I think that would be a war.”

El oh El.

I don't know if you saw, but I posted another hilarious Cody quote a few pages back:

"... I ain't taking Mendes lightly."

I also mentioned in the post that he's the most sensitive UFC twitter user. If you happen to have an account, feel free to bring up the Mendes loss to him. He'll get on the defensive immediately and bring up his awesome track record. LOL...
_________________

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackPrestige92


Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Posts: 6068
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
Ooooh, before I forget:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/If-Given-Another-Chance-Cub-Swanson-Certain-Hed-Beat-Jose-Aldo-10-Out-of-10-Times-46089

I think I know who gets my vote for most delusional UFC fighter....


I demand a rematch to watch that boy get rocked again. Brazilians don't play that disrespectful crap!
_________________


“If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I’m uncoachable, I’m unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pollino14


Joined: 14 Jan 2006
Posts: 16523
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
neezy007 wrote:
Rory is going to kill BJ.
I love BJ as much as anyone but I agree 100%. He's going to get rag dolled like Nate Diaz did.

I really don't get the Rory hype at all. He's very well-rounded, sure, but what has he done exactly to solidify this "next GSP" talk?

1. Beating Nate Diaz at 170 isn't even remotely close to beating Nate Diaz at 155.

2. There's a common misconception that Rory was "robbed" against Condit. That's a pile of crap. Even if Rory survived for the seven remaining seconds, it would have more than likely been a unanimous draw. Anyone with even the slightest bit of MMA knowledge knows the third was a clear-cut 10-8. Condit beat the living hell out of him, and, while the stoppage was ill-timed, an argument could easily be made that it could've been waived off a minute or so beforehand.

3. Beating Mike Pyle is a decent win. Nothing more, nothing less.

4. Joe Rogan, the biggest Rory-hugger on the planet, did everything he possibly could to make Che Mills seem legit. You know, the guy who couldn't even qualify for TUF after he got schooled by James Wilks.

Sad thing is, Rory was getting tooled in the stand-up prior to the takedown.

Bottom line: Is Rory a good fighter? Sure. Is he a future champ? Not sure. Until he beats a fighter the caliber of, say, Kos, it's just too hard to say.

I'm very confident that Erick Silva will have the better career when it's all said and done, though.


Kos... really? Rory has all the potential in the world. At the age of like 20 taking two rounds from Condit, that's extremely impressive. Beating Diaz, while being at 170 is impressive. Kid is gonna be a champ.

As much as it pains me to say this, BJ is in BIG trouble, and could get embarrassed this fight, I'm willing to bet his heart isn't in it, and if he's fighting an animal like Rory with that mentality, he's going to get hurt.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BillsGuy82


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 9366
Location: Niagara Falls
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rory is no joke, GSP himself said Rory will be the next champ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
bmore4life815


Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 3429
Location: Climbing up M&T
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
neezy007 wrote:
Rory is going to kill BJ.
I love BJ as much as anyone but I agree 100%. He's going to get rag dolled like Nate Diaz did.

I really don't get the Rory hype at all. He's very well-rounded, sure, but what has he done exactly to solidify this "next GSP" talk?

1. Beating Nate Diaz at 170 isn't even remotely close to beating Nate Diaz at 155.

2. There's a common misconception that Rory was "robbed" against Condit. That's a pile of crap. Even if Rory survived for the seven remaining seconds, it would have more than likely been a unanimous draw. Anyone with even the slightest bit of MMA knowledge knows the third was a clear-cut 10-8. Condit beat the living hell out of him, and, while the stoppage was ill-timed, an argument could easily be made that it could've been waived off a minute or so beforehand.

3. Beating Mike Pyle is a decent win. Nothing more, nothing less.

4. Joe Rogan, the biggest Rory-hugger on the planet, did everything he possibly could to make Che Mills seem legit. You know, the guy who couldn't even qualify for TUF after he got schooled by James Wilks.

Sad thing is, Rory was getting tooled in the stand-up prior to the takedown.

Bottom line: Is Rory a good fighter? Sure. Is he a future champ? Not sure. Until he beats a fighter the caliber of, say, Kos, it's just too hard to say.

I'm very confident that Erick Silva will have the better career when it's all said and done, though.


Kos... really? Rory has all the potential in the world. At the age of like 20 taking two rounds from Condit, that's extremely impressive. Beating Diaz, while being at 170 is impressive. Kid is gonna be a champ.

As much as it pains me to say this, BJ is in BIG trouble, and could get embarrassed this fight, I'm willing to bet his heart isn't in it, and if he's fighting an animal like Rory with that mentality, he's going to get hurt.

Yes, Kos. I'd like that matchup if he gets past BJ (which he should). We'd find out if Rory is ready for the elite of the division or not.

I wouldn't necessarily count on Rory winning, btw. We've yet to see him take on a legit wrestler yet (let alone one of the very best in all of MMA in Kos), and it's not like his TDD has been proven as a strength of his. Mike Pyle took him down twice in the first minute and a half or so of their fight.
_________________

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pollino14


Joined: 14 Jan 2006
Posts: 16523
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rory would murder Kos... It would be a massacre.

Kos doesnt even wrestle anymore. Dude is an average fighter.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packman Luke


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 20000
Location: Minnesota =(
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
Rory would murder Kos... It would be a massacre.

Kos doesnt even wrestle anymore. Dude is an average fighter.


He took GSP down. He uses his wrestling in reverse mostly though, and has become a one trick pony with his striking. He also needs to learn how to handle a jab, Matt K-1 Hughes was getting the best of him with it.

That said, I don't think Rory takes Kos down, and Josh has the experience advantage in a striking fight. It'd be a tough call, but I'd slightly favor Rory Mac.



SO FREAKING EXCITED TO GO TO THE FIGHTS TOMORROW AHHHHHHH
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 99 of 101

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group