Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Janoris Jenkins / Rams FO Dispute...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Janoris Jenkins / Rams FO Dispute... Reply with quote

Rotoworld.com wrote:
Yahoo! Sports reports the Rams and No. 39 overall pick CB Janoris Jenkins are locked into a dispute over a pre-draft verbal agreement over who will financially advise the rookie. During the draft, coach Jeff Fisher reportedly twisted the arm of Jenkins' agent, ensuring that the troubled prospect would hire a business manager to help with issues involving the cornerback's four children with three women. That agreement, however, is not allowed and "unheard of," according to the NFLPA. Fisher is said to remain "insistent" that his recommended adviser step in to handle Jenkins' finances. The sides won't agree to a contract until the matter is put to rest.

Uh oh...

IDOG_det on the sig...
maladeen3917

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it will get settled, im not the least bit worried, Fish just wants to look out for the kid to be honest, before he ends up wasting his money like so many other players do/did.
chris00cm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn. That's a good idea though. At least they tried.

I really hope no one over hypes the issue. It's not like Janoris Jenkins himself is in a dispute. It's just the contract and the NFLPA that are the problem.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a5a2b7/article/janoris-jenkins-st-louis-rams-reportedly-in-dispute

The link above suggests that it could be the Rams that are "in trouble."

I don't think this will end up being a big deal, and it doesn't appear that Janoris has done anything malicious. Let's just not alienate this guy from the franchise by withholding the respect he deserves. Let him pick his own "mentor".

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, doesn't seem like a big deal at all. I'm sure they will work something out.

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
S-jax39

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude you have 4 kids before the age of 25 with more then 2 woman. You cant even take enough responsibility to buy a condom or stop having children, take the help.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest issue with this is that Jenkins agreed to it to placate the Rams then backed out when it came time to hold up his side of the bargain.

So he basically told them what they wanted to hear to get them to draft him. Not a great way to start off showing you turned over a new leaf.

I don't understand why he wouldn't take the help. Fisher is looking out for him. I understand why the NFLPA is getting involved, they are looking at the bigger picture. But in this case, Fisher is making the right call. He's trying to help Janoris out. People have no idea how common it is for crooked advisers and money managers to rip off NFL players.

I understand that Jenkins doesn't want to pay the money(30k a year) but what he doesn't realize is that good and reputable money managers are going to charge a good chunk of change. And if they're charging annually, you don't have to worry about "churning" which is what screws over many NFL players. They have advisers who charge by the trade and those advisers use the ignorance of NFL players to commit an act that's outlawed by the SEC(churning).

If there's one thing my grandpa, who is a stock market whiz, has stressed to me, it's that you use a reputable money manager who charges an annual rate.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 things here...

A) It doesnt sound like he is making a huge deal about this other than the money he has to pay out. Which as a 2nd rounder, while still payed very well, isnt like he is getting a 8 figure singing bonus, so it is substantial to him.

B) This seems like a NFLPA issue than it does a Janoris issue. The kid is asking questions like he should be. And dont act like you have never agreed to do something extra for something you wanted, then the time came and you tried to get out of that part. Its human nature, and if its something that within th bylaws you have every right to explore that avenue.
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something always happening with this kid.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:

I don't think that is fair, anything he is involved in will become news because of his reputation. He earned that rep, but this doesn't look like a bad sign for things to come for me.

BTW, where have you guys read that it is a "money manager" that they want him to hire? I was under the impression that it was more of a "life coach" type figure. Big difference between the two.......

If you read the link I provided above, it may be the Rams who get slapped on the wrist for this. Apparently, they had no right to ask for such a stipulation. Add in the fact that the guy who they wanted Janoris to hire is a personal friend of the head coach, and I believe it reflects more poorly on Fisher than Jenkins.

If this wasn't such a slow time of year, it likely would not have made the national news.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

I don't think that is fair, anything he is involved in will become news because of his reputation. He earned that rep, but this doesn't look like a bad sign for things to come for me.

BTW, where have you guys read that it is a "money manager" that they want him to hire? I was under the impression that it was more of a "life coach" type figure. Big difference between the two.......

If you read the link I provided above, it may be the Rams who get slapped on the wrist for this. Apparently, they had no right to ask for such a stipulation. Add in the fact that the guy who they wanted Janoris to hire is a personal friend of the head coach, and I believe it reflects more poorly on Fisher than Jenkins.

If this wasn't such a slow time of year, it likely would not have made the national news.

Nah. It's an adviser/business manager.

bluesfreak74

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

She's asking $120,000 for four years to help him with his child support, etc and apparently there are some different advisers that are willing to do it for free.

It sounds like Jenkins thought before the draft she was going to do it for free.

El Ramster on this beaut!
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluesfreak74 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

She's asking $120,000 for four years to help him with his child support, etc and apparently there are some different advisers that are willing to do it for free.

It sounds like Jenkins thought before the draft she was going to do it for free.

There's no way. She's asking 120,000 over 4 years to be his financial adviser and money manager. There's not a person out there who will do it for free unless they're planning to rip you off.

bluesfreak74

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
bluesfreak74 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

There's no way. She's asking 120,000 over 4 years to be his financial adviser and money manager. There's not a person out there who will do it for free unless they're planning to rip you off.

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just telling you what I heard.

El Ramster on this beaut!
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

That is the financial term being thrown around on talk radio. Apparently this guy they want to hire has a track record rate close to 30,000/yr for his services...

He's been helping Britney Spears take back control of her finances apparently...

Take the talk show chatter for what it's worth though...

IDOG_det on the sig...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: