Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Josh Gordon NFL Supplemental Draft
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Josh Gordon NFL Supplemental Draft Reply with quote

What up guys. The NFL said the NFL supplemental draft is going to be held July 12, 2012. They listed the players eligible. The only player that interest me is Josh Gordon WR Utah. He is 6 foot 4 inch and 225 pounds. He has 4.4 speed and has all of the attributes to be a beast wide reciever. He played for Baylor but he got suspended. How do you guys feel about this player. I wouldn't mind him on the Rams if Fisher could straighten him out.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8282/josh-gordon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's got some serious hype. Some people are giving him 2nd/3rd round grades. No way he makes it past the 4th round in the supplemental draft for sure.

Is he worth a 4th? I would say no. For whatever reason, just instinct, I could see the Chargers possibly going for him. He's the type of receiver they always covet.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would give a fourth for him. He has serious potential. six feet 4 inches 225 pounds and 4.4 speed. His nick name is Josh "Flash" Gordon.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
He's got some serious hype. Some people are giving him 2nd/3rd round grades. No way he makes it past the 4th round in the supplemental draft for sure.

Is he worth a 4th? I would say no. For whatever reason, just instinct, I could see the Chargers possibly going for him. He's the type of receiver they always covet.

I think he goes in the 6th. He's similar physically to David Gettis and similarly raw. His off the field issues won't help his stock.

Great athlete but a WR that needs a lot of development.

I'm interested in Ed Wesley from TCU as well.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
chris00cm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams4eva92 wrote:
I would give a fourth for him. He has serious potential. six feet 4 inches 225 pounds and 4.4 speed. His nick name is Josh "Flash" Gordon.
There's just no room on this roster for an unproven WR at this point. The jury is still out on a good 6-8 wide outs right now. Replacing them before even giving them a chance would be wrong in my opinion.

I'd give a 7th at the most for Ed Wesley. LB/DE Larry Lumpkin wouldn't be a terrible "prove-it" signing. I wouldn't touch anyone else.

jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
Rams4eva92 wrote:
There's just no room on this roster for an unproven WR at this point. The jury is still out on a good 6-8 wide outs right now. Replacing them before even giving them a chance would be wrong in my opinion.

I'd give a 7th at the most for Ed Wesley. LB/DE Larry Lumpkin wouldn't be a terrible "prove-it" signing. I wouldn't touch anyone else.

I'd consider Wesley for a 7th or UDFA. Not sure on Gordon.

Wesley seems like the type that can be a decent pro HB.

Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm....I think the Rams only draft players with off the field issues if they play CB Wink

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
Rams4eva92 wrote:
There is PLENTY of room on this roster for a guy like Gordon. Right now the only WRs who are guaranteed Anything are Danny, Quick, & Givens. I would also put Salas and Smith in there with them needing a terrible preseason to be cut.

We have 1 spot for sure, and possibly 2 depending how they contribute with ST. You cant tell you you wouldnt rather have the potential of Gordon over the limited impact any of these other guys would contribute?

Pettis is suspended for 2 games anyway so they dont have to make a decision on him till week 3, and anyone who says they would rather have Denario over Gordon can leave right now.
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2012 STL Rams Recieving Corps
Brian Quick
Josh Gordon (hopefully draft him)
Chris Givens
Danny Amendola
Greg Salas
Steve Smith
Brandon Gibson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If were giving up on Austin Pettis already, that is sad.

The thing is, we don't have any room for Gordon because he is not a proven commodity. No one is. That's the hard part of acquiring another guy like that. If you give up a significant pick for him, and you have no room for him or your forced to cut a good player, that would make you look really dumb.

I should note, I am saying all of this assuming we have to give up something like a 4th round pick. If he doesn't cost any picks, sure why not.

jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
If were giving up on Austin Pettis already, that is sad.

The thing is, we don't have any room for Gordon because he is not a proven commodity. No one is. That's the hard part of acquiring another guy like that. If you give up a significant pick for him, and you have no room for him or your forced to cut a good player, that would make you look really dumb.

I should note, I am saying all of this assuming we have to give up something like a 4th round pick. If he doesn't cost any picks, sure why not.

I don't particularly care either way. Can't see us doing it anyways. I'd be disappointed if we spend a 4th. If we spend anything more, I'd be upset. But for a 6th, I'm not going to complain.

As for us not having any room, I certainly wouldn't go that far. We don't have a single proven WR on this roster. We have plenty of room for another young, talented WR. I just wouldn't spend much on him with all the depth we have.

So as I said, I'm indifferent.

StLunatic88

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont want to spend a 4th on him at all. I was going on the basis of the 6th rounder like jrry had said. The guy has the physical attributes of a first round prospect, those are dangerous guys to be looking at because they can suck you into the hype. Remember we have the 1st/2nd pick in the rounds for this supplimental draft, so I wouldnt mind throwing out a late pick for this guy, if he wowed them maybe even a 5th.

And Im not giving up on Pettis, but he doesnt have a guarenteed spot on this roster, especially with the 2 game suspention to start the year. If he is going to make it he will have to be adding a whole lot to STs in my mind, because I just dont see many snaps on offense for him unless there is a major injury.

Speaking of, there will likely be an injury somewhere on this roster, and with our groups history, the WR corps is a good as bet as any to have someone go down early.
chris00cm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fine with me. I just wouldn't invest anything big in him because of the uncertainties.

Bring Gordon in for a very late pick if possible and have all the wide outs fight for 6 spots. The losers get cut.

Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acoording to Russ Lande
After doing tape study of Baylor WR Josh Gordon, Sporting News draft analyst Russ Lande assigned the Supplemental Draft prospect an early second-round grade.Lande is high on Gordon's speed/athleticism combination, and believes he has speed to create separation down the football field. Lande also says Gordon has "soft, natural hands," going so far as to suggest Gordon's 2010 film was superior to 2012 first-round pick Kendall Wright's. The two were teammates at Baylor. On game tape alone, Lande rates Gordon higher than Brian Quick and Stephen Hill. Jul 3 - 5:59 PMSource: Russ Lande's Website
Source
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8282/josh-gordon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not give this guy a try? Gibson was 5th overall in "catchable passes dropped" in the NFL during the last 3 years.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a59918/article/desean-jackson-among-nfl-leaders-in-dropped-passes?module=HP11_content_stream

I don't want to see DX, Gibson, or Pettis on this roster come September. I know it is early to give up on Pettis, but at least that would let us know that in the coaches minds' we had improved.

Quick,Amendola,Smith,Salas, Givens, as of yet unsigned veteran, someone like Josh.

Remember, there are still roster cuts to be made.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: