Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 KC Forum Mock Draft (Discussion Thread) Version 2.0!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikek163

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Mayos coverage - http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jerod-mayo?id=776

"In a 4-3, Hightower would play the strong side with Spikes in the middle and Mayo on the weak side. In a 3-4, Mayo and Spikes would likely man the inside, while Hightower could play on the edge, which he did at times at Alabama. At minimum, Hightower adds frontline depth in the event of injury"

"To really fill that leadership void, Ryans needs to stay on the field for all three downs. At the OTA sessions I've attended, he's been one of the first-team nickel linebackers, alongside Kendricks."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
On Mayos coverage - http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jerod-mayo?id=776

"In a 4-3, Hightower would play the strong side with Spikes in the middle and Mayo on the weak side. In a 3-4, Mayo and Spikes would likely man the inside, while Hightower could play on the edge, which he did at times at Alabama. At minimum, Hightower adds frontline depth in the event of injury"

"To really fill that leadership void, Ryans needs to stay on the field for all three downs. At the OTA sessions I've attended, he's been one of the first-team nickel linebackers, alongside Kendricks."

Mike, well played. That one's gonna leave a mark.

bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone check out your roster in the second post of pg. 1.

I just copied whatever was on the first page or two of the original discussion thread. Some need some updating, so whenever you want, just send me a PM or post in here an updated one, and I'll copy it over.

^ryknowssd on the sig
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pick in Olsen KSJ. He's a very underrated TE IMO. I was considering waiting on Pettigrew another round or two with Olsen as my back-up choice, but wanted more of a complete player. At this point, when most people are starting to take reserves, that's a great value, as he's top 6-7 in TE's IMO.

^ryknowssd on the sig
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:

I just copied whatever was on the first page or two of the original discussion thread. Some need some updating, so whenever you want, just send me a PM or post in here an updated one, and I'll copy it over.

You so Jelly of my Shaun Phillips pick?
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe nobody commented on my TJ Lang pic. That is the let down of the day for me. But it is almost time to PBR me ASAP! No work tomorrow means a night of no memory tonight!

Props to Loto...the guy does great work
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
I can't believe nobody commented on my TJ Lang pic. That is the let down of the day for me. But it is almost time to PBR me ASAP! No work tomorrow means a night of no memory tonight!

Meh.

You feel better. Laughing

^ryknowssd on the sig
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
I don't know how something like what Ryk has will fit in Madden, because no one really runs anything like that in the NFL.

And ryk I totally get that you probably don't really care adden thing, just saying I could see it being a liability in the game. Then again it's been nearly a decade since I last played the game, so what do I know. Laughing

For the Madden sim, I'll just have whoever sims it change Harrison and Wake to DEs since that's the closest way Madden would be able to interpret my scheme. Essentially, I guess I'll be running a very similar scheme to what the Broncos ran last year as far as Madden is concerned. Therefore, my front 4 will be Wake, Rubin, Ratliff and Harrison with Ray Ray as the SOLB, Beason as the MLB and Lofton as my WILB. I still plan to draft another late round big body so I can field a better goal line DL, but that's how my Madden team will look, I guess.

I fully plan to create my own defensive playbook in Madden once the draft is over, though. That way, I can test this beastly scheme to see how effective it'll be. Should be fun to tinker with, that's for sure.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HiccupGuy wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:

I just copied and pasted what was on the original discussion thread. So as a penalty for falsely calling shenanigans, you lose that pick.

^ryknowssd on the sig
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HiccupGuy wrote:

If he wasn't a Charger, he'd be one of my favorite players in the league. Dude's crazy well rounded, he's a great leader, great locker room presence, just an all around great guy and great player. His age and a less than stellar 2011 season is what made him fall in this draft, but I'm a very big fan of that pick. One of my favorite picks of this year's draft.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
kingseanjohn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Great pick in Olsen KSJ. He's a very underrated TE IMO. I was considering waiting on Pettigrew another round or two with Olsen as my back-up choice, but wanted more of a complete player. At this point, when most people are starting to take reserves, that's a great value, as he's top 6-7 in TE's IMO.

Thanks. I'm quite happy with the pick. Kept watching him fall but couldn't wait longer knowing some still haven't taken a TE

2014 Chiefs Draft Wish List
1. Brandin Cooks, WR, OSU
3. Brandon Thomas, G, Clemson
4. Tevin Reese, WR Baylor
5. Ron Powell, OLB, Florida
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
HiccupGuy wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:

I just copied and pasted what was on the original discussion thread. So as a penalty for falsely calling shenanigans, you lose that pick.

Yeah, that's what I get, I guess for not reading the whole post. Just read the first line since I am busy.
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guy was making dinner.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Moore I just added my deep threat to take the top off of the defense. As a rookie he played in 13 games with 10 starts, had 33 receptions for 618 yards for a very nice 18.7 average, with a long of 78 yards, and 5 touchdowns. But he proved to be more than just a deep threat but also a dynamic playmaker having been used as a runner 5 times for 61 yards (12.2 rushing average), and 1 touchdown. As a returner he returned 2 kicks for 37 yards (18.5 return average) and 25 punts for 216 return yards (8.6 average). If he wasn't hampered by some nagging injuries, he likely would have made an even bigger impact in his rookie season.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
In Moore I just added my deep threat to take the top off of the defense. As a rookie he played in 13 games with 10 starts, had 33 receptions for 618 yards for a very nice 18.7 average, with a long of 78 yards, and 5 touchdowns. But he proved to be more than just a deep threat but also a dynamic playmaker having been used as a runner 5 times for 61 yards (12.2 rushing average), and 1 touchdown. As a returner he returned 2 kicks for 37 yards (18.5 return average) and 25 punts for 216 return yards (8.6 average). If he wasn't hampered by some nagging injuries, he likely would have made an even bigger impact in his rookie season.

Nic, after all of that, you forgot the most impotant part, Boom!

I had a feeling you would snag Moore at some point. He was your "Torrey Smith" from last year so to speak. I really like him too, and had him as a possibility for later on if I didn't pull the trigger on Smith as early as I did.

And HiccupGuy, don't worry, I was just pulling your chain man.

And for the few who haven't updated your roster in a while or at all, just post it in here when you're ready, and I'l put it on the front page. I'm not going to go back and pull all the names off of Des's chart for you. Wink

^ryknowssd on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 3 of 40

Jump to: