Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What are our expectations for this upcoming season?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LikesHAM

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: What are our expectations for this upcoming season? Reply with quote

Coming off another championship, I am hoping that we do not pull what we did last time (08-09) by losing our first playoff game the year after. I want a repeat and then this team can get the dynasty talk that it deserves. Lets take a look at our schedule for next year:

Sept. 5 Dallas Cowboys 8:30 PM NBC - W
Sept. 16 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1:00 PM FOX - W
Sept. 20 @ Carolina Panthers 8:20 PM NFLN - W
Sept. 30 @ Philadelphia Eagles 8:20 PM NBC - L
Oct. 7 Cleveland Browns 1:00 PM CBS - L
Oct. 14 @ San Francisco 49ers 4:25 PM FOX - W
Oct. 21 Washington Redskins 1:00 PM FOX - W
Oct. 28 @ Dallas Cowboys 4:25 PM FOX - W
Nov. 4 Pittsburgh Steelers 4:25 PM CBS - W
Nov. 11 @ Cincinnati Bengals 1:00 PM FOX - L
Nov. 18 BYE
Nov. 25 Green Bay Packers 8:20 PM NBC - W
Dec. 3 @ Washington Redskins 8:30 PM ESPN (MNF) - L
Dec. 9 New Orleans 4:25 PM FOX - L
Dec. 16 @ Atlanta Falcons 1:00 PM FOX - W
Dec. 23 @ Baltimore Ravens 1:00 PM FOX - W
Dec. 30 Philadelphia Eagles 1:00 PM FOX - W

Looking at our schedule, I can see us winning at least 10 games with a chance to win possibly 14 which I think is our ceiling. We usually have one game where we play inexplicably and lose a game that we really should not and I think that game could be the Browns game next year.

I do not think homefield advantage is as important to us as it is for other teams because we proved that we don't need it last year when we beat the Packers and Niners at their own houses so I am not overly concerned with getting the #1 seed but it would make for an enjoyable regular season if it did.

As for some player predictions, I think JPP will get 10+ sacks but I don't know if he can get 16 again like he did last year. Hakeem will catch 12+ TDs, David Wilson will rush for more than 1000 yards and Eli Manning will throw for the most TDs that he has ever thrown for.

So what are your expectations for the Giants this upcoming year? What would you like to see? Not like to see? Any stat predictions?
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we lose to Cleveland...ever...don't think it's a given we lose to New Orleans and think it's a bit brash that we'll beat Green Bay...Also it makes no sense to try to predict games against NFC East rivals Razz We got swept by the skins last year.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone should expect a repeat championship next year.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsuck05 wrote:
agreed. That is where our bar is set

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giants could be really good. A lot of young guys got quality PT and we added another strong draft class. Had a couple superstars emerge in JPP and the Cruz Missile.

Im gonna say...11-5 with at least 1 playoff W.

Really the only position that makes me sweat is O-line. Beatty better play and play well or else Mad

I think Eli will lose some yards to a more balanced attack but I think he'll shave a few INTs off as well. Ill say:

4,300 yards, 30 TDs, 12 INTS, 63% completion rate
maes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sept. 5 Dallas Cowboys 8:30 PM NBC - W
Sept. 16 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1:00 PM FOX - W
Sept. 20 @ Carolina Panthers 8:20 PM NFLN - W
Sept. 30 @ Philadelphia Eagles 8:20 PM NBC - W
Oct. 7 Cleveland Browns 1:00 PM CBS - W
Oct. 14 @ San Francisco 49ers 4:25 PM FOX - L
Oct. 21 Washington Redskins 1:00 PM FOX - W
Oct. 28 @ Dallas Cowboys 4:25 PM FOX - L
Nov. 4 Pittsburgh Steelers 4:25 PM CBS - L
Nov. 11 @ Cincinnati Bengals 1:00 PM FOX - W
Nov. 18 BYE
Nov. 25 Green Bay Packers 8:20 PM NBC - W
Dec. 3 @ Washington Redskins 8:30 PM ESPN (MNF) - W
Dec. 9 New Orleans 4:25 PM FOX - L
Dec. 16 @ Atlanta Falcons 1:00 PM FOX - W
Dec. 23 @ Baltimore Ravens 1:00 PM FOX - L
Dec. 30 Philadelphia Eagles 1:00 PM FOX - W

11-5
LikesHAM

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
I don't think we lose to Cleveland...ever...don't think it's a given we lose to New Orleans and think it's a bit brash that we'll beat Green Bay...Also it makes no sense to try to predict games against NFC East rivals Razz We got swept by the skins last year.

I didn't think we would have lost to the Seahawks last year either but somehow that still transpired. I am fairly confident against Green Bay due to a couple factors. 1) We always come to play against the big boys and I think the stage will be too big for us not to show up with a big game. And as good as GB is, they aren't as invincible as people seem to think they are. I agree about predicting NFCE games however I think we see a more focused Giants squad this year that will keep the letdowns to a minimum and actually show up in all our division games.

bballbkd1001 wrote:
redsoxsuck05 wrote:
agreed. That is where our bar is set

Well I expect a championship every year but even moreso this year.

NYGiantsman10 wrote:

Really the only position that makes me sweat is O-line. Beatty better play and play well or else Mad

I am slightly concerned about our secondary also. I think the d-line masked some of our deficiencies in the back 7 and I hoping for better play from the defense as a whole during the regular season. Keith Rivers should be a huge addition if he can play with a chip in his shoulder and revert back to the form that made him a first round pick.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ham our secondary should be ok. Our pass rush will be ferocious and we have a good amount of depth provided TT bounces back and Prince comes ready to play.

I am really excited to see how our linebackers shake out this year
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LikesHAM wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

I didn't think we would have lost to the Seahawks last year either but somehow that still transpired. I am fairly confident against Green Bay due to a couple factors. 1) We always come to play against the big boys and I think the stage will be too big for us not to show up with a big game. And as good as GB is, they aren't as invincible as people seem to think they are. I agree about predicting NFCE games however I think we see a more focused Giants squad this year that will keep the letdowns to a minimum and actually show up in all our division games.

We lost to the Seahawks because Cruz slipped Razz Also their D is pretty darn good. We don't "always come to play against the big boys". GB obviously isn't invincible. We beat them last year. In the playoffs. In their house. I would imagine they'll be rather upset about that and will want to really take it to us. That combined with the fact that we're defending champs and everyone will want a piece of us.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All we need is a playoff birth. Whether we go 16-0 or 7-9 is inconsequential, because Eli Manning is our QB. Cool
mlv

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11-5 and NFCE champs. Beyond that, let's see how the playoffs shake out.
Gmen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect we'll be putting Coughlin on the hot seat again this year... and the Giants winning another Superbowl. Wink

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Ice_Dude_2008

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually looking at some of the teams we're going to be playing I don't think it's far fetched that Eli throws 35+ TD's to only about 11-13 INT's this year. He's going to hit 4,000 again this year. Maybe even go for 5,000 again who knows.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playoffs, playoffs, playoffs. Don't care how we get there, but as long as we do we have a chance at another run.
LikesHAM

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ice_Dude_2008 wrote:
Actually looking at some of the teams we're going to be playing I don't think it's far fetched that Eli throws 35+ TD's to only about 11-13 INT's this year. He's going to hit 4,000 again this year. Maybe even go for 5,000 again who knows.

Yea that is what I am seeing too. We draw the NFC South which features some of the worst pass defenses in the entire league. It points to another great year by Eli.

scrimmage wrote:
Playoffs, playoffs, playoffs. Don't care how we get there, but as long as we do we have a chance at another run.

I agree. But I would like to have homefield advantage as well. What we did last year was amazing but consistently winning on the road in the playoffs is very difficult. Although there is no better team equipped to do it.

Great D-line? Check.
Great scoring options? Check.
Great QB? Check.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: