Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Tour De France
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
texans_uk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday was an absolute disgrace.

Tacks? Really?

Kiserlovski broke his collarbone as a result of these thugs.

texans_uk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, Peter Sagan is just stupidly talented.

He can climb and sprint.

10 race wins at 22?

Future TdF winner.

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Also, Peter Sagan is just stupidly talented.

Future TdF winner.

Nope, not unless he changes his entire gameplan, which is possible. He is a guy who will hang with a group like that not going too fast, but as soon as attacks started coming he would shoot out the back. He would not hang with the Nibali/Froome/Wiggins/JvDB/Evans et al group that is at the head of this TdF at the sharp end of the big mountains.

He WILL, win himself more than one Ronde and he has the talent to win all five of the monuments.

However if he gets to 28 and decides he wants to be a GC contendor in the Grand Tours I would not put it past him to get up there and contend.

Also, SKY starting to feel the pressure? Trying to stop teams from attacking on todays stage? What did they expect to happen, everyone to lie down let them roll to the finish for Cav to win in a sprint?

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Team Sky were prepared to help Cav to a sprint today, but neither Lotto nor Liquigas took up the riding at the front of the peloton to pull in the breakaway and Sky said they didn't want to commit more than 2 riders today, so they had to abandon any hopes.

texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2174964/Tour-France-2012-Frank-Schleck-fails-drug-test.html

Quote:
Frank Schleck has failed a doping test after testing positive for the diuretic Xipamide on July 14, the Union Cycliste Internationale have announced.
Schleck was 12th in this year's Tour de France, nine minutes and 45 seconds behind leader Bradley Wiggins, and has the right to attend the analysis of his B sample.

Wow.

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2174964/Tour-France-2012-Frank-Schleck-fails-drug-test.html

Quote:
Frank Schleck has failed a doping test after testing positive for the diuretic Xipamide on July 14, the Union Cycliste Internationale have announced.
Schleck was 12th in this year's Tour de France, nine minutes and 45 seconds behind leader Bradley Wiggins, and has the right to attend the analysis of his B sample.

Wow.

There has been widespread beleif in the cycling community that both the Schleck brothers doped;

Andy is a classic case of doing nothing, looking like crap and then turning it on at the tour. Frank was a part of the CSC machine that included dopers such as Ivan Basso and his name was apparantly a part of Operation Puerto.

While it is always a surprise to see a rider test positive, to me that is more based on the fact that the dopers are always a step ahead of the testers than anything else. They are just not getting away with drugs that are as powerful as what was available in the 90's and early 00's.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GO ON CAV YOU BEAUTY!

I knew Sky were going to ride for him today. Wiggins has the tour wrapped up and Froome is a better TT rider than Nibali.

Just the Champs-Elysse to cap off a tremendous Tour for Britian and Team Sky!

Quote:
Cavendish said: 'We came here with the goal of winning the yellow jersey and we're first and second on GC.
'Spirits are high. To be part of a team that's going to win the Tour de France is a massive honour.
'It did put my sprint chances on the back foot. Even today on the bus Sean wanted an easy day.
'I was like 'please just give me a chance in the sprint'. Brad jumped in and said 'we'll go for a sprint, we'll lead it out'.'

What a class act Wiggo is.

texans_uk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1aucBBNgDEE#t=171s

Absolute beast

Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I truly marvel at these athletes! It is unreal how they can absolutely fly for miles and miles or climb mountains like they do all day long. To average 24+ mph on a bike is sick. My husband is an amature long distance cyclist but he and his buddies have to really work as a group to average 20 and they can't do it all day long. What did you guys think of TeJay Van Garderen winning the white jersey?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
I truly marvel at these athletes! It is unreal how they can absolutely fly for miles and miles or climb mountains like they do all day long. To average 24+ mph on a bike is sick. My husband is an amature long distance cyclist but he and his buddies have to really work as a group to average 20 and they can't do it all day long. What did you guys think of TeJay Van Garderen winning the white jersey?

I think BMC held him back.

I think he is a future GC contender without a doubt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: