Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Tour De France
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kempus

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
kempus wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
kempus wrote:
Mark Cavendish is absolutely unreal. Did anybody else just see the Intermediate sprint? Cav was able to turn around and trash the other rider at the front and still ran out a comfortable winner. The guy is a phenom Shocked

Some of us have jobs Sad

Watch the highlights later, it was silly.

I'll tell you what was silly, Peter Sagan creating a gap at the end of stage 3 like he was cruising.

Yeah, on those hilly finishes Sagan looks unbeatable. He doesn't have the top end speed of the elite riders, but he is far more complete. it will be a surprise if he doesn't take the green jersey.

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
texans_uk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the sprinters on any hill climbs, how they just chill at the back, Cav lost over 7 minutes from intermediate sprint to the finish line.

kempus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
I love the sprinters on any hill climbs, how they just chill at the back, Cav lost over 7 minutes from intermediate sprint to the finish line.

To be fair, he was caught in a crash quite a long way from the finish line. But yeah, generally they just coast at the back.

texans_uk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

To be fair, he was caught in a crash quite a long way from the finish line. But yeah, generally they just coast at the back.

Kinda annoyed me that they had 3 crashes yesterday.

The riding overall was pretty poor from the Peloton.

texans_uk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People need to seriously stop falling.

Bad cycling.

kempus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:

Bad cycling.

I agree, the Cav crash at the end was bad. However, when they're cycling that fast and at that close proximity, this happens. In fact, crashes like this happen every single TDF for the first week.

texans_uk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

Bad cycling.

I agree, the Cav crash at the end was bad. However, when they're cycling that fast and at that close proximity, this happens. In fact, crashes like this happen every single TDF for the first week.

The thing that boggles my mind, is how they can make it around an obstacle, or tight turn at 60km/h, but then on a straight they fall off.

Cav would have won that stage, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind.

kempus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
kempus wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

Bad cycling.

The thing that boggles my mind, is how they can make it around an obstacle, or tight turn at 60km/h, but then on a straight they fall off.

Cav would have won that stage, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind.

Yeah, I agree that Cav would have won. Greipel really didn't look that strong. Hopefully Cav can win todays stage.

kempus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another magnificent victory for Sagan today, this time he was able to beat the sprinters on a flat finish. He really does look like a phenom. Cav was once again caught in a crash unfortunately, things really haven't been going his way so far at the Tour.

texans_uk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These "pros" need to stop coming off their bikes.

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
Another magnificent victory for Sagan today, this time he was able to beat the sprinters on a flat finish. He really does look like a phenom. Cav was once again caught in a crash unfortunately, things really haven't been going his way so far at the Tour.

Was Cav in the first or second crash? Greipel was in a crash too and managed to take 2nd on the stage, but he was involved in the first massive crash.

Also Sagan won today the same way Cav won his stage. Slingshotting off the back of Greipel.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
kempus wrote:

Was Cav in the first or second crash? Greipel was in a crash too and managed to take 2nd on the stage, but he was involved in the first massive crash.

Also Sagan won today the same way Cav won his stage. Slingshotting off the back of Greipel.

Cav was involved in the 2nd crash, sorta, he got massively held up.

kempus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
khodder wrote:
kempus wrote:

Cav was involved in the 2nd crash, sorta, he got massively held up.

Yeah, Cav got a puncture in the 2nd crash so was never going to make it back to the main field. The reason Sagan won today was because Greipel was injured, I still don't think he can take the top sprinters when they are fit.

kempus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Froome absolutely beasted it on that climb. Wiggins takes the yellow and Sky looked ridiculously strong.

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
Chris Froome absolutely beasted it on that climb. Wiggins takes the yellow and Sky looked ridiculously strong.

Sky Train - Honestly on different teams each of Rogers, Porte, Froome and Wiggans could all be the protected GC riders. Some of the longer mountains will be interesting to watch and see if more of the pack can hold on, but with Eddie Boassan Hagen putting in a huge turn at the bottom of the big climbs then dropping back to the autobus and then the aforementioned four controlling the front group, I don't see how Wiggans loses this especially with his time trial prowess.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: