Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rice, Williams, Yanda fined by the league

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Rice, Williams, Yanda fined by the league Reply with quote

Quote:
Week 2 NFL Fines: #Ravens RB Ray Rice was fined $7,875 for unnecessary roughness during the #Eagles game

Quote:
Week 2 NFL Fines: #Ravens CB Cary Williams was fined $10,000 for unnecessary roughness during the #Eagles game.

Quote:
Week 2 NFL Fines: #Ravens OL Marshal Yanda was fined $7,875 for unnecessary roughness during the #Eagles game.

https://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates
Tom Brady Tribute
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word on any Eagles fines?

Yanda being fined, if it's for the play I'm thinking of where he straight up finished his block 8 yards deep into the endzone is BS. He finished his job and Jenkins threw a BF over it because he's soft.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that Jackson got hit with the same fine Williams did and Jenkins was fined the same amount as Yanda.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
I read that Jackson got hit with the same fine Williams did and Jenkins was fined the same amount as Yanda.

No fine for Kurt Coleman?

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. I'm not sure what the Rice's fine was for though. If it was the big hit that Rice laid on him while Rice had the ball and was still in-bounds then that's an absolutely terrible fine.
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Nope. I'm not sure what the Rice's fine was for though. If it was the big hit that Rice laid on him while Rice had the ball and was still in-bounds then that's an absolutely terrible fine.

It was probably for when he got called on the UC, where he shoved someone after the play.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

drd23

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont really have any problems with those fines, but I doubt any of them would have happened if the refs had tighter control over the game like the normal refs tend to.

It seems like these replacement refs want to let the players play and for the most part let the chippy stuff go (which I like if they are going to be consistent about it). Unfortunately it doesn't seem like the NFL has the same approach.

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
Meco

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:

It was because that little punk head-butted Brandon Boykin in the back of the head while he wasn't looking long after the play was over and he had to travel a ways to get there. Started a scuffle.
drd23

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure why you are trying to start an argument now (especially given his question was already answered), but I suggest you think before you go to post something inflammatory next time Meco or you'll get a warning considering you were involved in that mess of a thread earlier in the week

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

It was probably for when he got called on the UC, where he shoved someone after the play.

For some reason I completely forgot about that one. I guess there were too many in that game for it to really stick out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: