Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FF Fantasy League - Trade Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RAVINGMADD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
RAVINGMADD wrote:
Just chiming in with a suggestion. What I do in my leagues is deduct 1 point for a fumble, 1 point for a fumble lost, and then you get 1 point for a fumble recovered. This way, if someone recovers their own fumble, they aren't penalized, they are penalized 1 point if someone else on their team recovers it, and if it causes a turnover they lose 2 points.

Wouldn't you need to have the same teams D/ST as the offensive player that fumbled for that to work though? I'm not sure if that's the way it works with Yahoo leagues but in ESPN leagues fumbles forced/recovered are mapped to the D/ST and not individual players.

I just looked at the Yahoo scoring settings and it looks like fumbles recovered is a D/ST there as well. I guess what I'm trying to get at is would the point(s) count for the owner of an offensive player that fumbled and then recovered the fumble himself? From what I can tell it wouldn't but this seems like one of those gray areas in fantasy sports you encounter from time to time.

I don't know how Yahoo scoring is done, but I'd imagine that you can decide which stats are attributed to certain players. The default scoring might have it set where only D/ST or defensive players get points for fumbles recovered. I know on Fleaflicker that for each scoring rule you also have the option of which position gets points for those particular stats, so you would just select ALL and anyone who recovered a fumble, whether it be a player or D/ST, gets those points.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went through and created a test league on Yahoo to see what settings were available and the only position that can score points for recovering a fumble is the D/ST. The only settings related to fumbles for the offensive players are fumbles, fumbles lost, and offensive fumble return TD. Your idea is good in theory but it doesn't work with Yahoo (or ESPN).
RAVINGMADD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
I went through and created a test league on Yahoo to see what settings were available and the only position that can score points for recovering a fumble is the D/ST. The only settings related to fumbles for the offensive players are fumbles, fumbles lost, and offensive fumble return TD. Your idea is good in theory but it doesn't work with Yahoo (or ESPN).

Ah. damn that sucks. That's why I hate Yahoo and ESPN. They are my two least favorite fantasy football sites. You can do so much more with Fleaflicker. I like NFL a little bit better than those two, but Fleaflicker is definitely the way to go for fantasy football. I'm not sure why people on Footballs Future don't use it more.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest the first time I heard of fleaflicker is when you brought it up a while ago (last year maybe?). I think people feel more comfortable/familiar with ESPN and Yahoo and don't look for anything else.

I'm surprised that the only way the D/ST can score points for fumbles is by recovering them. I prefer to to penalize the offensive players for all fumbles but if the only way the D/ST can score because of fumbles is by recovering them then should we think about using the fumbles lost setting instead of fumbles?
rmthawk64

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in if someone backs out/ theres still spots now.
When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in you carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the SOB?' If you go in any other way you're gonna lose.
ceejay

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who hasn't signed up yet?

3 of you need to. Don't know who you are but can you do it sooner rather than later. Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to open up a couple of more team slots if there are still 3 more left to join. It's set at 10 right now with 9 signed up.
ceejay

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
You might want to open up a couple of more team slots if there are still 3 more left to join. It's set at 10 right now with 9 signed up.

K, thought I set it to 12

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll join if you guys still need people.
ceejay

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raven5255 wrote:

Holy crap. I just seen a ghost!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ceejay wrote:
raven5255 wrote:

Holy crap. I just seen a ghost!

Every time I see raven5255 after a long hiatus, I think one of two things:

1) I remember that M&M's commercial that usually plays around Christmas time where they are walking in the house and discover Santa..."He DOES exist!" *shock*

2) Football seasons about to start.

He's kind of like our Punxsutawney Phil, but with football. Laughing

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
ceejay

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay guys I have updated the scoring system.

Take a look at it and tell me what you think. As for the fumbles. I could not do RM's idea. I have changed it to -2 points for a fumble. If the fumble is lost it's another -1 point.

Most leagues that I play in, it's -3 points a fumble anyways. So atleast if they recover it is only -2. What do you guys think.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three WR spots and a W/R seems a bit like overkill but overall it looks fine. The QB sack stat could kill the value of a guy like Cutler though.
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Three WR spots and a W/R seems a bit like overkill but overall it looks fine. The QB sack stat could kill the value of a guy like Cutler though.

If the league wasn't PPR, I'd probably say something about that too, but as it is (or I believe it is) it makes sense in the long run.

Also looking at the ideas that were mentioned regarding fumbles and fumbles lost, if we can't add points for fumbles recovered, can we just eliminate points for fumbles lost outright?

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
ceejay

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

If the league wasn't PPR, I'd probably say something about that too, but as it is (or I believe it is) it makes sense in the long run.

Also looking at the ideas that were mentioned regarding fumbles and fumbles lost, if we can't add points for fumbles recovered, can we just eliminate points for fumbles lost outright?

I would be open to that. Just have a flat rate of -2?

And the Extra WR/RB spot is a must in PPR leagues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: