Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FF Fantasy League - Trade Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ravens_rool28


Joined: 05 Sep 2009
Posts: 18488
Location: #BOOZE
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ceejay wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:
Id like to play if you allow me, and as long as I can draft from my phone.


I'm really not sure if you can. If I were you, I would try to do a draft on your phone today. Use a one time account. If it works, let me know and we can add you to the league.

As of now, I believe we have 9 solid players who are def in. If it works for Ravens_rool28 we would have 10 and only need 2 more

If my counting is off, sorry. Yesterday was Canada Day and well...Yeah, recovery mode today. My brain it scrambled eggs Smile


Didn't have to join a league, just ran the test they offer and it said it was successful, so I should be ok.

Smile
_________________
Desperado82 wrote:
It's the magic of alcohol

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RavensTillIDie


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 12873
Location: N.W.O
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in.

But dude, PLLLLLEEEEASE fix the broken point system from last year. That thing was trash my man.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ceejay


Joined: 27 Oct 2005
Posts: 3133
Location: Toronto, Ontario Canada
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
I'm in.

But dude, PLLLLLEEEEASE fix the broken point system from last year. That thing was trash my man.


What do you mean? What was your issue.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
RavensTillIDie


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 12873
Location: N.W.O
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ceejay wrote:
What do you mean? What was your issue.


Just taking a quick look back at last year's league, things I had a problem with...

Offense:
Sacks: -1.5 points (Why count that against a QB?)
Fumbles: -2 points
Fumbles Lost: -2 points (I think only fumbles lost should count against you)

So on second thought, maybe the scoring system was as bad as I imagined...I'll probably attribute that mostly to bitterness from finishing 10th place last year. Laughing

But yeah, I definitely didn't like the two things mentioned above though.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ceejay


Joined: 27 Oct 2005
Posts: 3133
Location: Toronto, Ontario Canada
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you are saying. The "fumble lost" should be eliminated. But the sack remains and so does a fumble. I find that to be very fair. It's not fair if the guy fumbles and gets more negative taken off if its a takeaway.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
RavensTillIDie


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 12873
Location: N.W.O
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ceejay wrote:
I see what you are saying. The "fumble lost" should be eliminated. But the sack remains and so does a fumble. I find that to be very fair. It's not fair if the guy fumbles and gets more negative taken off if its a takeaway.


Sacks aren't really a big deal, I'm not a fan of it, but that's not a huge point of emphasis with me.

But I do think fumbles that are lost should be what's kept and not fumbles alone. I mean why penalize a guy if he fumbles, but he or his own team recovers the own fumble? There was no loss of possession, no real 'negative' occurrence there. However, if a guy loses a fumble, obviously it is hurting his team as it is resulting in a change of possession.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 21276
Location: Parkville, MD
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
ceejay wrote:
I see what you are saying. The "fumble lost" should be eliminated. But the sack remains and so does a fumble. I find that to be very fair. It's not fair if the guy fumbles and gets more negative taken off if its a takeaway.


Sacks aren't really a big deal, I'm not a fan of it, but that's not a huge point of emphasis with me.

But I do think fumbles that are lost should be what's kept and not fumbles alone. I mean why penalize a guy if he fumbles, but he or his own team recovers the own fumble? There was no loss of possession, no real 'negative' occurrence there. However, if a guy loses a fumble, obviously it is hurting his team as it is resulting in a change of possession.


Personally I think fumbles period should be the way to go. Whether or not to dock the QB shouldn't depend on how the ball bounces or another player diving on it. The QB fumbled the ball when he was hit which is a no-no and should have it counted against him IMO.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RavensTillIDie


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 12873
Location: N.W.O
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
ceejay wrote:
I see what you are saying. The "fumble lost" should be eliminated. But the sack remains and so does a fumble. I find that to be very fair. It's not fair if the guy fumbles and gets more negative taken off if its a takeaway.


Sacks aren't really a big deal, I'm not a fan of it, but that's not a huge point of emphasis with me.

But I do think fumbles that are lost should be what's kept and not fumbles alone. I mean why penalize a guy if he fumbles, but he or his own team recovers the own fumble? There was no loss of possession, no real 'negative' occurrence there. However, if a guy loses a fumble, obviously it is hurting his team as it is resulting in a change of possession.


Personally I think fumbles period should be the way to go. Whether or not to dock the QB shouldn't depend on how the ball bounces or another player diving on it. The QB fumbled the ball when he was hit which is a no-no and should have it counted against him IMO.


Majority vote? Laughing

Everyone signed up for the league vote whether you want fumbles lost to be the stat that is retained OR just fumbles alone.

Fumbles Lost:
-RTID

Fumbles:
-ceejay
-Flaccomania
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 7177
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fumbles. Not every fumble results in a turnover for the offense but it's still something that should be penalized regardless in my opinion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ceejay


Joined: 27 Oct 2005
Posts: 3133
Location: Toronto, Ontario Canada
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Fumbles. Not every fumble results in a turnover for the offense but it's still something that should be penalized regardless in my opinion.


A fumble is a fumble. If he is charged a fumble on the stat sheet, the points should be deducted. So I vote points for a fumble period. Not just a fumble lost.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
diamondbull424


Moderator
Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 12969
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm thinking they should count for different point deductions. Something like:

Fumbles: 0.5 pts

Fumbles Lost: 2 Pts

Like was said, fumbles are damaging, the scramble to recover results in a greater likelihood for teammate injuries and it usually results in lost yards. But at the same time the true damage is in the change of possession, so I'd distinguish between the two in points taken away.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RAVINGMADD


Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Posts: 2514
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just chiming in with a suggestion. What I do in my leagues is deduct 1 point for a fumble, 1 point for a fumble lost, and then you get 1 point for a fumble recovered. This way, if someone recovers their own fumble, they aren't penalized, they are penalized 1 point if someone else on their team recovers it, and if it causes a turnover they lose 2 points.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ravens_rool28


Joined: 05 Sep 2009
Posts: 18488
Location: #BOOZE
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAVINGMADD wrote:
Just chiming in with a suggestion. What I do in my leagues is deduct 1 point for a fumble, 1 point for a fumble lost, and then you get 1 point for a fumble recovered. This way, if someone recovers their own fumble, they aren't penalized, they are penalized 1 point if someone else on their team recovers it, and if it causes a turnover they lose 2 points.


I like this idea...but what if your player recovers someone else's player's fumble?

You get the point, they lose one?
_________________
Desperado82 wrote:
It's the magic of alcohol

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RAVINGMADD


Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Posts: 2514
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
RAVINGMADD wrote:
Just chiming in with a suggestion. What I do in my leagues is deduct 1 point for a fumble, 1 point for a fumble lost, and then you get 1 point for a fumble recovered. This way, if someone recovers their own fumble, they aren't penalized, they are penalized 1 point if someone else on their team recovers it, and if it causes a turnover they lose 2 points.


I like this idea...but what if your player recovers someone else's player's fumble?

You get the point, they lose one?

Yeah, exactly. That player just bailed out whoever fumbled the ball so they deserve something for it and they at least prevented that player from losing two points. And that one point for fumbles recovered also applies to defensive players (or the team defense) so they get one point every time they recover a fumble.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
drd23


Moderator
Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Posts: 5110
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like RMs idea too
_________________

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group