Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball XIV [Re-Vote PG 66]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 162, 163, 164  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
I'm not exactly proud of myself for the trades. I felt like the only way to compete is to buy my roster. I am a little ashamed because while I feel like I have a good team, I don't consider I ran my team well this year. I am not prepared for next year.

I could make the excuse that the majority of my picks went to a trade for Longo and trade away of Longo but still its a dumb move.

I'm now in the process of trying to trade away Stanton to get some of those picks back.

I'm not here to judge who runs their team better or what makes teams better but it seems like this year trading and pick pick trading got a little out of hand and I know that I'm part of that.

Maybe we could put something in place that wouldn't restrict too much what teams did but it wouldn't allow for what happened this year. Everyone can run their team the way that they want this year and I'm not going to complain but maybe we could work something out. If not thats cool too but I would personally like some changes put in place.

I get that and it was fine when one or two teams did that. But when it's split 50/50 it goes on forever. I guess I enjoy different things. Trading is cool to help your team, but at the same time drafting and being strategic is fun for me. Seeing how you can put together a team and see how it competes is what I like about fantasy sports. I just think things are getting out of control and it takes away the fun. Like I said, I am pretty much forced into selling talent for next year or buying it for this year and greatly hurting my chances for next. It's stupid I have to make that decision or be a middle of the road team when it's all said and done.

I propose that we vote on the issue.

I think we should only be allowed to trade picks for picks and players for players. No trading picks for players, and no trading players for picks. If a deal is done the difference in player value must be made up with players, and to move up in the draft you must give ONLY pick value.

I guarantee it would solve the problem.

You stole my idea from three posts before yours!

No I didn't. Laughing

I guess great minds just think alike?
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
Why can't guys run their teams the way they want?

Whose to say which way is better running a team?

I agree with this and putting any kind of restrictions on trading of picks and/or players would be ruining just this.

The proposed trade idea would by far make this league more competitive.

No it won't. Now what you got me doing is trading Matt Kemp for a prospect hoping he turns out and making my team much worse than trading picks. If anything it will make it worse.

You wouldnt do that lol

If I can't trade picks, I absolutely would if I liked a prospect. I would have traded him for Profar in a heartbeat.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaze King wrote:
Any other ideas to vote on? Throw them out now

Are we adding any categories?

And are we increasing keepers or keeping them the same?
YlionsY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
Blaze King wrote:

Are we adding any categories?

And are we increasing keepers or keeping them the same?

I would like to add a keeper and make HBP a BB.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:

Adding HBP to BB is not an option. You can make it a cat of its' own, but can;t add it together like that.

I would like to add a keeper, but the 6th keeper would have to have rookie eligibility. And I would like to add a draft before the draft, randomly ordered 1 round 2014 year to implement this. Next year would not be fair because the buyers would have no picks in the regular draft to offer to trade up. If it is the next year, everyone knows it is coming and would have the decision to trade their picks or don't. They would know what is coming.

And if we do anything with cats, I would want to take away BBs and avg, and add OBP. This would do several things. It would even out the batting and pitching cats, it would somewhat take from the fact avg and hits is basically the same cat. And it would add in HBP in a meaningful way. Any other changes other than adding a single pitching cat I would vote no on.
YlionsY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OTB

2B Espinosa
OF Francoeur
OF Stanton (waiting to hear back on a few people if I haven't gotten back to you)
1B/3B Reynolds
SS Aybar
C Pierzynski

Looking for draft pick upgrades. Thinking about just adding one or two multi-positional guys.

Too many people riding my bench who never see playing time.
YlionsY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be okay with adding a cat like OBP
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

Adding HBP to BB is not an option. You can make it a cat of its' own, but can;t add it together like that.

I would like to add a keeper, but the 6th keeper would have to have rookie eligibility. And I would like to add a draft before the draft, randomly ordered 1 round 2014 year to implement this. Next year would not be fair because the buyers would have no picks in the regular draft to offer to trade up. If it is the next year, everyone knows it is coming and would have the decision to trade their picks or don't. They would know what is coming.

And if we do anything with cats, I would want to take away BBs and avg, and add OBP. This would do several things. It would even out the batting and pitching cats, it would somewhat take from the fact avg and hits is basically the same cat. And it would add in HBP in a meaningful way. Any other changes other than adding a single pitching cat I would vote no on.

I don't want to take away AVG. I've thought about adding OBP though. But those are pretty similar.

Should we add a pitching category to make things more equal? I don't like that we have an edge one way or the other. I realize we may have a few more ties, but I don't think that' s a big deal.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
I don't want to take away AVG. I've thought about adding OBP though. But those are pretty similar.

Should we add a pitching category to make things more equal? I don't like that we have an edge one way or the other. I realize we may have a few more ties, but I don't think that' s a big deal.

The problem is we tried to even out cats last year and like dummies we added one of each so they are still uneven. If that is all we are going to do again I am 100% against it.

But some interesting cats that could be added are:
IP - rewards people that have workhorses like Verlander and Sabathia, but adds to the pickup game.

BAA

K/9 - makes K pitchers more valuable, often at the cost of WHIP and ERA. Would really add to strat

BS - adds value to closers but may make not running them at all more appealing

CG - interesting thought. Once again, rewards workhorses. Woudl give alot of value to top pitchers. I think I like this one at first galnce.

Shutouts - meh

save plus holds - interesting prospect. Could replace saves and make both setup and closers have value. Really opens up the player universe.

At first glance I would love to replace sv with svhd and add CG.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:

The problem is we tried to even out cats last year and like dummies we added one of each so they are still uneven. If that is all we are going to do again I am 100% against it.

But some interesting cats that could be added are:
IP - rewards people that have workhorses like Verlander and Sabathia, but adds to the pickup game.

BAA

K/9 - makes K pitchers more valuable, often at the cost of WHIP and ERA. Would really add to strat

BS - adds value to closers but may make not running them at all more appealing

CG - interesting thought. Once again, rewards workhorses. Woudl give alot of value to top pitchers. I think I like this one at first galnce.

Shutouts - meh

save plus holds - interesting prospect. Could replace saves and make both setup and closers have value. Really opens up the player universe.

At first glance I would love to replace sv with svhd and add CG.

I think BAA is the best out of the list you made.

There aren't enough SO's or CG's.

Some people don't even have closers, so BS's wouldn't be fair.

I'm just not a huge fan of K/9 in general.

I wouldn't be against adding holds as there are a ton of players who are very, very good pitchers that aren't used since they are setup men.

I just want to even out the categories so that batting doesn't have such an advantage in the stats.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
All I hear is whiners. "I DONT HAVE ANY DRAFT PICKS. THIS IS SO UNFAIR"

Quote me saying that.

Not saying you.

I just think its PATHETIC of suggesting owners be forced to field a lineup that the league makes them.

Its BS

THese are our teams. OURS.
H
Not anyone elses

So that must be aimed at me, the guy with a good roster and have not given away picks. The point I'm making is I either have to give away my roster this year or give away my draft next year to compete. It's stupid to have a 16 team league when only half the teams will compete every year. Why not just split into two 8 team leagues so every team can be loaded and we don't have to throw away every other year. I don't think it should have to come to telling people or forcing people how to field a team but i have never seen a league turn into this. I've never heard of people wanting to give up so early and playing for next year. It's stupid and defeats the purpose of having a big deep league. I'm sorry that I am a good manager that isn't willing to throw away a year to set up for next year or wanting to make next year worthless so I have nothing to look forward to for two years.

Wasnt meant to be aimed at anyone in particular.

Two divisions of 8 is the answer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
I'm not exactly proud of myself for the trades. I felt like the only way to compete is to buy my roster. I am a little ashamed because while I feel like I have a good team, I don't consider I ran my team well this year. I am not prepared for next year.

I could make the excuse that the majority of my picks went to a trade for Longo and trade away of Longo but still its a dumb move.

I'm now in the process of trying to trade away Stanton to get some of those picks back.

I'm not here to judge who runs their team better or what makes teams better but it seems like this year trading and pick pick trading got a little out of hand and I know that I'm part of that.

Maybe we could put something in place that wouldn't restrict too much what teams did but it wouldn't allow for what happened this year. Everyone can run their team the way that they want this year and I'm not going to complain but maybe we could work something out. If not thats cool too but I would personally like some changes put in place.

I get that and it was fine when one or two teams did that. But when it's split 50/50 it goes on forever. I guess I enjoy different things. Trading is cool to help your team, but at the same time drafting and being strategic is fun for me. Seeing how you can put together a team and see how it competes is what I like about fantasy sports. I just think things are getting out of control and it takes away the fun. Like I said, I am pretty much forced into selling talent for next year or buying it for this year and greatly hurting my chances for next. It's stupid I have to make that decision or be a middle of the road team when it's all said and done.

Agree completely.

It got out of hand.

Sellers didnt go crazy until after buyers went nuts.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaze King wrote:

Two division of 8!

Solves the sellers early problem

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

Agree completely.

It got out of hand.

Sellers didnt go crazy until after buyers went nuts.

Yep. I wouldn't have sold off so much if there wasn't a market for it.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Blaze King wrote:

Two division of 8!

Solves the sellers early problem

To further explain

- Currently we have 21 weeks.
- 6 division games and 15 non-division
- division doesnt mean much

Under proposed 2-8 man division

- Play each team twice in division= 14 games
- 7 non-division games
- Or play each team three times and no- non division til playoffs
- This takes division meaningful games from 6 to 14 or 21.
- Way more competition in division and competitive longer in season
- Top 4 in each division make playoffs.

So if you have

16-5
14-7
14-7
13-8
12-9

and

16-5
16-5
14-7
11-10

The 12-9 team in the top division simply doesnt make it even though he had better record then 4 team in other.

This will breed way more competition. Less sellers. Everyone will be battling it out on weekly basis for division rather then simple 6 games.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 162, 163, 164  Next
Page 3 of 164

Jump to: