Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball XIV [Re-Vote PG 66]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 162, 163, 164  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
Will someone be my rival?

I'll be your rival! Very Happy

LionsFTW wrote:
I think a farm system is a sucky idea. There are teams that might not want anything to do with with prospects.

If a team wants to keep prospects on their roster, who cares. Just do what you want to do with your roster.

I agree. I'm not a fan of a farm system. I'm also not as big on the prospect idea as I was at first. Just let people run their teams how they want. If they want to have prospects let them, but I don't like the farm system idea.

Team Stylish313
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
I'm not exactly proud of myself for the trades. I felt like the only way to compete is to buy my roster. I am a little ashamed because while I feel like I have a good team, I don't consider I ran my team well this year. I am not prepared for next year.

I could make the excuse that the majority of my picks went to a trade for Longo and trade away of Longo but still its a dumb move.

I'm now in the process of trying to trade away Stanton to get some of those picks back.

I'm not here to judge who runs their team better or what makes teams better but it seems like this year trading and pick pick trading got a little out of hand and I know that I'm part of that.

Maybe we could put something in place that wouldn't restrict too much what teams did but it wouldn't allow for what happened this year. Everyone can run their team the way that they want this year and I'm not going to complain but maybe we could work something out. If not thats cool too but I would personally like some changes put in place.

I get that and it was fine when one or two teams did that. But when it's split 50/50 it goes on forever. I guess I enjoy different things. Trading is cool to help your team, but at the same time drafting and being strategic is fun for me. Seeing how you can put together a team and see how it competes is what I like about fantasy sports. I just think things are getting out of control and it takes away the fun. Like I said, I am pretty much forced into selling talent for next year or buying it for this year and greatly hurting my chances for next. It's stupid I have to make that decision or be a middle of the road team when it's all said and done.

Well, I watched what BK did last year and wondered if getting a jump on it would help. I was just trying an idea. I regret it a bit now, but it was cool to see how it played out and I can work new ideas going forward. I would not go as far again I don't think. But as YLY, Detfan, and others have stated, I don't think we should control how others run their team. I really think taking away trading of picks would destroy a ton of intrigue in this league. I don't think you are a middle of the road team at all, you have a real chance to win. Which really just goes to how dumb it is to move your entire draft. Or at least do it in a more discriminating manner.

But I don't think limiting the draft pick trades is the answer.at.all.

I really think we should just move forward with Detfan's idea, see how it runs and see if continuing with it or tweaking after that might be the answer. Because like so many others, I think limiting or controlling how others' run their team is completely the wrong thing to do.
nagahide13

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:

So that must be aimed at me, the guy with a good roster and have not given away picks. The point I'm making is I either have to give away my roster this year or give away my draft next year to compete.

If you have a good roster AND good picks, you don't need to do anything but compete.

Quote:
It's stupid to have a 16 team league when only half the teams will compete every year. Why not just split into two 8 team leagues so every team can be loaded and we don't have to throw away every other year. I don't think it should have to come to telling people or forcing people how to field a team but i have never seen a league turn into this. I've never heard of people wanting to give up so early and playing for next year. It's stupid and defeats the purpose of having a big deep league. I'm sorry that I am a good manager that isn't willing to throw away a year to set up for next year or wanting to make next year worthless so I have nothing to look forward to for two years.

You've completely misunderstood what's happening within the league.

4 expansion teams were forced to try to field competitive rosters with crazy disadvantages. They need to build a long term plan through any means necessary.

I was at a severe disadvantage after year 1 because of horrible drafting and luck. I made the moves necessary to win a championship and lock down a competitive roster moving forward. Had I not gone into this season with the plan of finishing a rebuild, I'd have an old and underperforming roster moving forward from this year. Moves were made to ensure the long term health of my squad.

There is exactly ONE owner that sold the farm in order to compete this year. 2 that sort of came close. 1 owner completely gave up on the season before it started, and 1 came close (me).

All of this talk, in every direction, (from teams "tanking" to teams that have won a championship complaining about what they need to do to stay competitive Laughing to owners talking about adding a farm system with a different draft and different set of keeper rules) is a bunch of overreactionary nonsense. The league is fine. You don't HAVE to do anything, and that's just unbelievably obvious based on the results of what has happened so far in the league. You can't just see that teams are trading and decide you have to as well, take a look at the results of their efforts and compare them to yours.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
I propose that we vote on the issue.

I think we should only be allowed to trade picks for picks and players for players. No trading picks for players, and no trading players for picks. If a deal is done the difference in player value must be made up with players, and to move up in the draft you must give ONLY pick value.

I guarantee it would solve the problem.

It would also take away an owners right to run their team.

100% against it.
YlionsY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
Will someone be my rival?

I'll be your rival! Very Happy

ITS ON!

also check your PM's. Laughing
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nagahide13 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

So that must be aimed at me, the guy with a good roster and have not given away picks. The point I'm making is I either have to give away my roster this year or give away my draft next year to compete.

If you have a good roster AND good picks, you don't need to do anything but compete.

Quote:
It's stupid to have a 16 team league when only half the teams will compete every year. Why not just split into two 8 team leagues so every team can be loaded and we don't have to throw away every other year. I don't think it should have to come to telling people or forcing people how to field a team but i have never seen a league turn into this. I've never heard of people wanting to give up so early and playing for next year. It's stupid and defeats the purpose of having a big deep league. I'm sorry that I am a good manager that isn't willing to throw away a year to set up for next year or wanting to make next year worthless so I have nothing to look forward to for two years.

You've completely misunderstood what's happening within the league.

4 expansion teams were forced to try to field competitive rosters with crazy disadvantages. They need to build a long term plan through any means necessary.

I was at a severe disadvantage after year 1 because of horrible drafting and luck. I made the moves necessary to win a championship and lock down a competitive roster moving forward. Had I not gone into this season with the plan of finishing a rebuild, I'd have an old and underperforming roster moving forward from this year. Moves were made to ensure the long term health of my squad.

There is exactly ONE owner that sold the farm in order to compete this year. 2 that sort of came close. 1 owner completely gave up on the season before it started, and 1 came close (me).

All of this talk, in every direction, (from teams "tanking" to teams that have won a championship complaining about what they need to do to stay competitive Laughing to owners talking about adding a farm system with a different draft and different set of keeper rules) is a bunch of overreactionary nonsense. The league is fine. You don't HAVE to do anything, and that's just unbelievably obvious based on the results of what has happened so far in the league. You can't just see that teams are trading and decide you have to as well, take a look at the results of their efforts and compare them to yours.

I agree Naga. I think seeing what happened this year will at least slow it a bit because noone wants to see it to the degree it happened this year and I like Detfan's idea, it should keep many more competitive for longer.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
As long as something is worked out I'm okay with it. I like the idea X.

As much as I love trading and its probably one of my favorite parts of the league, what happened this year shows we need something done.

That's how we run another FF league that Sllim and I are in and it works really well.

I wouldn't be trading as much as I am if the rules were different. I am just doing what I can to make a run for it next year. But, I would like to see the rules changed. I don't like trading picks for players. I think it takes away from the league a bit.

Team Stylish313
YlionsY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care what we do really. As long as we can continue to trade but there are some restrictions or whatever in place.

Maybe what happened this year will stop people but the one person who starts wheelin and dealin will lead others to either pay up or sell IMO.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
I don't care what we do really. As long as we can continue to trade but there are some restrictions or whatever in place.

Maybe what happened this year will stop people but the one person who starts wheelin and dealin will lead others to either pay up or sell IMO.

I could never trade my draft away to buy a championship. I enjoy drafting wayyy too much.

Team Stylish313
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
Why can't guys run their teams the way they want?

Whose to say which way is better running a team?

I agree with this and putting any kind of restrictions on trading of picks and/or players would be ruining just this.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
I'm not exactly proud of myself for the trades. I felt like the only way to compete is to buy my roster. I am a little ashamed because while I feel like I have a good team, I don't consider I ran my team well this year. I am not prepared for next year.

I could make the excuse that the majority of my picks went to a trade for Longo and trade away of Longo but still its a dumb move.

I'm now in the process of trying to trade away Stanton to get some of those picks back.

I'm not here to judge who runs their team better or what makes teams better but it seems like this year trading and pick pick trading got a little out of hand and I know that I'm part of that.

Maybe we could put something in place that wouldn't restrict too much what teams did but it wouldn't allow for what happened this year. Everyone can run their team the way that they want this year and I'm not going to complain but maybe we could work something out. If not thats cool too but I would personally like some changes put in place.

I get that and it was fine when one or two teams did that. But when it's split 50/50 it goes on forever. I guess I enjoy different things. Trading is cool to help your team, but at the same time drafting and being strategic is fun for me. Seeing how you can put together a team and see how it competes is what I like about fantasy sports. I just think things are getting out of control and it takes away the fun. Like I said, I am pretty much forced into selling talent for next year or buying it for this year and greatly hurting my chances for next. It's stupid I have to make that decision or be a middle of the road team when it's all said and done.

I propose that we vote on the issue.

I think we should only be allowed to trade picks for picks and players for players. No trading picks for players, and no trading players for picks. If a deal is done the difference in player value must be made up with players, and to move up in the draft you must give ONLY pick value.

I guarantee it would solve the problem.

You stole my idea from three posts before yours!
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

I agree with this and putting any kind of restrictions on trading of picks and/or players would be ruining just this.

The proposed trade idea would by far make this league more competitive.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

No it won't. Now what you got me doing is trading Matt Kemp for a prospect hoping he turns out and making my team much worse than trading picks. If anything it will make it worse.
Blaze King

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any other ideas to vote on? Throw them out now

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

No it won't. Now what you got me doing is trading Matt Kemp for a prospect hoping he turns out and making my team much worse than trading picks. If anything it will make it worse.

You wouldnt do that lol

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 162, 163, 164  Next
Page 2 of 164

Jump to: