Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball XIV [Re-Vote PG 66]
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 162, 163, 164  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blaze King

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball XIV [Re-Vote PG 66] Reply with quote

Discussion Thread #1 (412)
Discussion Thread #2 (231)
Discussion Thread #3 (158)
Discussion Thread #4 (137)
Discussion Thread #5 (156)
Discussion Thread #6 (151)
Discussion Thread #7 (129)
Discussion Thread #8 (134)
Discussion Thread #9 (100)
Discussion Thread #10 (125)
Discussion Thread #11 (125)
Discussion Thread #12 (110)
Discussion Thread #13 (130)

Verlander Division

1. Blaze King - Kings of Blaze (15-6, 2nd)(12-7-1 9th)
2. Lionsfanforever - Shot Down in Flames (10-10-1, 8th)(5-13-2, 10th)
3. Lionsfan630 - Legion of Doom (7-12-2, 9th)(5-12-3, 15th)
4. Nagahide13 - The LBC Dirtbags (10-11, 10th)(12-6-2, 1st)

Illitch Division

1. LionsFTW - FTW's Winners (9-10-2, 11th)(3-17, 12th)
2. DetroitLions703 - Mad Heights Mustangs (10-10-1, 5th)(16-4, 3rd)
3. Louis Friend - House of Spears (6-13-2, 12th)(9-11, 8th)
4. Sllim Pickins - G-MONEY's Drinking Buddy (11-10, 1st)(6-13-1, 11th)

Leyland Division

1. FootballPhreak - Howell Knotheads (11-9-1, 3rd)
2. X_Factor_40 - The Mud Hens (10-11, 7th)(6-13-1, 16th)
3. LION KING - NOVI WILDCATS (11-9-1, 4th)(12-7-1, 7th)
4. DavisBlack - The Badfish (11-10, 6th)(15-5, 5th)

Kaline Division

1. Detfan728004 - Team Detfan728004 (N/A)(16-3-1, 4th)
2. 1King - Team 1King (N/A)(14-6, 2nd)
3. YLionsY - Team Furlong (N/A)(14-6, 6th)
4. SadLionFan00 - Holden Hammerheads (N/A)(N/A)

Last edited by Blaze King on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:36 am; edited 3 times in total
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Week 11 Matchups
Howell Badfish
Blaze SDIF
Erratic HOS
Bye Weeks
Novi Mudhens
Detfan 1King
YLY Holden
Playoff hopes(the loser begins to look like a long shot):
LOD LBC
GOTW
G-Money MHM

Winners
Badfish
SDIF
Erratic
Novi
Detfan
YLY
LOD
MHM
Week: 5-3
Season: 55-31-2

Week 10 Phreaky Rankings
1. Novi (10-1) Even
2. MHM (7-3-1) +2
3. Erratic (7-4) +2
4. G-Money (7-4) -2
5. YLY (8-3) +2
6. Badfish (7-4) +2
7. Blaze (7-4) -1
8. Howell (6-5) -6
9. LOD (6-4-1) Even
10. LBC (4-6-1) Even
11. Shot Down (4-7) +1
12. Detfan (4-6-1) +1
13. HOS (4-7) -2
14. Mudhens (3-Cool Even
15. 1King (1-10) Even
16. Holden (1-10) Even

BIGGEST MOVERS
MHM: His rise to the top is complete. Division leader, highest of all seemingly beatable teams and has the only win against #1.

Howell: Their ace starter is beginning to look like a reliever turned starter and they haven't batted above .250 since Lincoln took office.

Week 12 matchups
MHM HOS
LOD SDIF
Blaze LBC
Novi Badfish
YLY Detfan
Bye weeks
Howell Mudhens
Holden 1King - What happens when 2 byes play each other? This match ultimately looks to be the fight for the #1 pick.
GOTW
Erratic G-Money - When G-Money's team is on they are unstoppable. Problem is that without their Prozac they can be really bad too. They appear to be cold for the time being.

Odd week with really only a couple real interesting matches in division play. Last week of division play until the last 3 weeks of the season. Heading into the stretch folks. 5 weeks til trade deadline. GL and God Bless everyone!

YlionsY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will someone be my rival?
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
Will someone be my rival?

For some reason last year when you guys joined the league I associated you with 1King. I guess no underlying reason and certainly not much of a rivalry this year, but rivalries aren't always even anyhow. So what the heck, why don't you just adopt him? Laughing

As for the division setup, which is far from certainly of happening, but does seem to have enough support to discuss further; I propose that Illitch and Leyland should be combined and then Kaline and Verlander. Not only do I think the level of competition aligns a little better within those divisions, but 703 has been slinging mud from Illitch to Leyland, creating a bit of cross-town rivalry already. So the footwork for that move has already been made.
YlionsY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1king and detfan are rivals.

BillySims and SLF don't want to be rivals. I'll go with iLovetheLions.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
1king and detfan are rivals.

BillySims and SLF don't want to be rivals. I'll go with iLovetheLions.

Why are they rivals? Just because they were 1-2 in the division last year? That don't make a rivalry.

And if iLL is in this league, he is your co-manager, that would make an interesting rivalry Laughing
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a farm system is a sucky idea. There are teams that might not want anything to do with with prospects.

If a team wants to keep prospects on their roster, who cares. Just do what you want to do with your roster.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
All I hear is whiners. "I DONT HAVE ANY DRAFT PICKS. THIS IS SO UNFAIR"

Quote me saying that.

Not saying you.

I just think its PATHETIC of suggesting owners be forced to field a lineup that the league makes them.

Its BS

THese are our teams. OURS.
H
Not anyone elses

So that must be aimed at me, the guy with a good roster and have not given away picks. The point I'm making is I either have to give away my roster this year or give away my draft next year to compete. It's stupid to have a 16 team league when only half the teams will compete every year. Why not just split into two 8 team leagues so every team can be loaded and we don't have to throw away every other year. I don't think it should have to come to telling people or forcing people how to field a team but i have never seen a league turn into this. I've never heard of people wanting to give up so early and playing for next year. It's stupid and defeats the purpose of having a big deep league. I'm sorry that I am a good manager that isn't willing to throw away a year to set up for next year or wanting to make next year worthless so I have nothing to look forward to for two years.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
YlionsY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not exactly proud of myself for the trades. I felt like the only way to compete is to buy my roster. I am a little ashamed because while I feel like I have a good team, I don't consider I ran my team well this year. I am not prepared for next year.

I could make the excuse that the majority of my picks went to a trade for Longo and trade away of Longo but still its a dumb move.

I'm now in the process of trying to trade away Stanton to get some of those picks back.

I'm not here to judge who runs their team better or what makes teams better but it seems like this year trading and pick pick trading got a little out of hand and I know that I'm part of that.

Maybe we could put something in place that wouldn't restrict too much what teams did but it wouldn't allow for what happened this year. Everyone can run their team the way that they want this year and I'm not going to complain but maybe we could work something out. If not thats cool too but I would personally like some changes put in place.
YlionsY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up Aybar who is hot because Gordon was struggling and talks about replacing him.

3 games since he has 3 multi hit games and 3 SB. Rolling Eyes At least it put a fire under his butt. Laughing

I wish I had picked up Lind instead of Aybar. Ah well.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One way i think we should consider running things....

No trading draft picks; or only draft pick trading during the draft. That way, everybody's forced to compete with at least the roster they they drafted and trades will then be a lot more even.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
I'm not exactly proud of myself for the trades. I felt like the only way to compete is to buy my roster. I am a little ashamed because while I feel like I have a good team, I don't consider I ran my team well this year. I am not prepared for next year.

I could make the excuse that the majority of my picks went to a trade for Longo and trade away of Longo but still its a dumb move.

I'm now in the process of trying to trade away Stanton to get some of those picks back.

I'm not here to judge who runs their team better or what makes teams better but it seems like this year trading and pick pick trading got a little out of hand and I know that I'm part of that.

Maybe we could put something in place that wouldn't restrict too much what teams did but it wouldn't allow for what happened this year. Everyone can run their team the way that they want this year and I'm not going to complain but maybe we could work something out. If not thats cool too but I would personally like some changes put in place.

I get that and it was fine when one or two teams did that. But when it's split 50/50 it goes on forever. I guess I enjoy different things. Trading is cool to help your team, but at the same time drafting and being strategic is fun for me. Seeing how you can put together a team and see how it competes is what I like about fantasy sports. I just think things are getting out of control and it takes away the fun. Like I said, I am pretty much forced into selling talent for next year or buying it for this year and greatly hurting my chances for next. It's stupid I have to make that decision or be a middle of the road team when it's all said and done.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
YlionsY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

I get that and it was fine when one or two teams did that. But when it's split 50/50 it goes on forever. I guess I enjoy different things. Trading is cool to help your team, but at the same time drafting and being strategic is fun for me. Seeing how you can put together a team and see how it competes is what I like about fantasy sports. I just think things are getting out of control and it takes away the fun. Like I said, I am pretty much forced into selling talent for next year or buying it for this year and greatly hurting my chances for next. It's stupid I have to make that decision or be a middle of the road team when it's all said and done.

Agree completely.

It got out of hand.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

I propose that we vote on the issue.

I think we should only be allowed to trade picks for picks and players for players. No trading picks for players, and no trading players for picks. If a deal is done the difference in player value must be made up with players, and to move up in the draft you must give ONLY pick value.

I guarantee it would solve the problem.
YlionsY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as something is worked out I'm okay with it. I like the idea X.

As much as I love trading and its probably one of my favorite parts of the league, what happened this year shows we need something done.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 162, 163, 164  Next
Page 1 of 164

Jump to: