Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

= Merc's 8th Annual Fin Forum Fantasy League =
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: = Merc's 8th Annual Fin Forum Fantasy League = Reply with quote

The 8th Annual FIN FORUM FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE IS BACK!!

Merc's "8th annual" Fin Forum Fantasy Football League is gearing up for another great and exciting season!!!! After what I like to call the “The Dark Ages” of IrishDolfan dominating the competition, I, Mercury22, finally dethroned the man who dethroned me 3 long seasons ago. So, forgive me for tooting my own horn, or breaking my arm to pat myself on the back, but SOMEONE had to do it . Here is the history of the league so far.

=History=

The Title Count
2012: xXxHOUSEDxXx
2011: Mercury22
2010: IrishDolfan
2009: IrishDolfan
2008: IrishDolfan
2007: Mercury22
2006: Cunn88
2005: Backwoods

=The Particulars=
Who: 12 Coaches (must be a current fin forum poster with an active account) . As has always been the case since our league’s inception many years ago, it’s first come, first serve. The one exception has always been that returning/former members are given priority. If returning members do not respond with their intention to return by July 6th, 2012 at 12:01 A.M., then their roster spot will be made available to someone on the waiting list. The waiting list is set, and former members of the league with active FF's accounts will be bumped to the front of the line if they choose to return. For details regarding the league's waiting list, please scroll down this thread to the section called “Vacancy?" and read.

What: What are we playing for? Well, beside the undying envy of every forum member, and an etching into the Fin Forum history book, each year I have donated a piece of Dolphin memorabilia as the league prize. So far we’ve had some pretty cool prizes….from a Dan Marino rookie football card, to a Larry Csonka rookie football card, to a Mercury Morris signed football, to a Vontae Davis signed football, as well as a Bob Griese autographed mini helmet.

This year the prize has turned into a PRIZE PACKAGE include:

1. History of the Miami Dolphins 2 DVD set

AND

2. A Lamar Miller & Olivier Vernon Autographed 8x10 Photo

When: I am not 100%, but it will be on online, live draft on a Saturday in mid August. The current proposed date is August 18th, 2012 at around 1pm EST.

Where: We will be returning to the ESPN fantasy league site (click HERE to be taken to the site). It served us well last year and plus its easy to re-establish the league. I will be sending all past members an invite soon. Please decline the invite if you do not plan on returning and your spot will be filled.

=The Rules=

League rules, such as roster size, scoring, playoff system, etc. can all be found on the ESPN site, under League>>Settings>>Summary. If you are confused feel free to PM me.

Changes: Any changes to rules will be decided by the entire league. In the event of a tie, I will cast the deciding vote*. The general preference is to maintain the continuity of the league by not making dramatic scoring or roster changes to the rules, so that over the years comparisons can be drawn, and so that members may become familiar with the scoring system. If you’d like to suggest a rule change please PM and I will compile a list of issues to be voted on one ballot sometime prior to the draft.

* In some cases, for the sake of management, I will be forced to make decisions for the league. There have been times when its simply been avoidable. However, I view this league as a community league, and my role is primarily as the facilitator. That being said, in some cases I will make the decision if one has to be made.

=Vacancy?=

The process for filling any vacancies that become available will be to PM the next person in line on the waiting list. When your name is called you have 24 hours to claim your spot. If not, the next person in line becomes eligible and will be informed via PM.

Here is the current waiting list:

FinsWin
hrubes20
RyDigga
Killer Nacho
finsyanksmancs
ukdolfan
Dolphins82
clevermelvin
KlassiK
Cddolphin
patdt13
JCool333
rycombs
WaterBear56
Jaytotha
DolphWins

The 2012 Fin Forum Fantasy League, as of today:

Merc's Maulers - Mercury22 - confirmed
Belfast Irish Lads - IrishDolfan - confirmed
SmokeRicky Smoke – SmokeRickySmoke - confirmed
Team 9954 - dolphan9954 – confirmed
Seattle Blue Fins - skatewood – confirmed
Brawlin' Baldys - eugenebaldy- confirmed
xXxHOUSEDxXx – confirmed
Miami Midgets - Dolphinmidget – confirmed
Dolfan$life Destroyers - Dolfan4life822 – confirmed
John's apostles Boobs - Offerdahl56 – confirmed
fasel1515 - teamname to be determined - confirmed
FinMan Dominates FinMan – ??

=Draft Order=

The draft order will be announced as soon as all 12 teams have been confirmed.

=Misc=

Important: If I do not receive a PM or a post in this thread from you confirming your interest in playing, you will be replaced. Simply logging into the ESPN site will not count as a stated intention to participate. The reason for this is that you must have an active account on Footballs Future to participate. If you simply register for the ESPN site, and don’t post in this thread or via PM, I will have to boot your team from the league.

==> If you are returning, check your email inbox that is registered with ESPN and PLEASE sign up/register again this year ASAP. It should be as simple as following a link and entering a password. I will send it shortly after posting this post. PM me if you have not received a league invite from ESPN.

==> If you have any changes you’d like to suggest to rules, rosters, playoff system, etc, please say so by sending me a PM. If we haven’t previously addressed the issue, I will add it to a ballot for consideration by all.

==> If you’d like to re-name your team, please let me know so I can make the change. I highly encourage you to include your Football’s Future name in some way, so we can know who we are playing.

==> Lastly, and perhaps MOST IMPORTANTLY, Please post if you are available to draft on August 18th around 1pm EST. I should also mention that if we cannot get 100% agreement, then I will simply have to pick a weekend to do the draft. If you cannot be there live, you will have to autodraft via a list. Sorry, but I don’t have a ton of time to organize 12 people’s busy schedules. So, unless there is a massive amount of objection the draft will be on the 18th at 1PM EST.

PM me with any questions. I look forward to keeping this very cool tradition in the Fin Forum alive and strong.

Kindly,

Merc

Last edited by Mercury22 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:28 pm; edited 9 times in total
IrishDolfan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: = Merc's 8th Annual Fin Forum Fantasy League = Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
After what I like to call the “The Dark Ages” of IrishDolfan dominating the competition, I, Mercury22, finally dethroned the man who dethroned me 3 long seasons ago. So, forgive me for tooting my own horn, or breaking my arm to pat myself on the back, but SOMEONE had to do it .

Luck, pure luck I say!!!!!!

Mercury22 wrote:

Mercury Morris signed football, to a Vontae Davis signed football, as well as a Bob Griese autographed mini helmet.

All of which look very nice on the bookshelf in my living room Wink .

The funny thing is, as I was booting up my laptop to come on here I thought "I wonder when Merc will post this years FF thread???" and here it is!

As ever I am all in Merc. I took last year off. This year I will be back to bringing my A game. Watch out.

Irish Dolfan
FF member #1205

Profanity is the one language known by all programmers!
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm back yet again. If we can do another day that would be great, I'll be moving back in to school that day and it is 50/50 if I'll be available.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to be added to the waiting list. I have wanted to be apart of this for a couple years now.

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
Mercury22

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
I would love to be added to the waiting list. I have wanted to be apart of this for a couple years now.

Done. I've added you to the list, Jay. I can't make any promises as to when spots will be available, but you have been added to the waiting list officially.

Thanks for your interest!

Kindly,

Merc
Mercury22

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
I'm back yet again. If we can do another day that would be great, I'll be moving back in to school that day and it is 50/50 if I'll be available.

Would the 19th be any better for you?
DolphWins

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I def want on the waiting list.

Adopt a Dolphwin - Lamar Miller
11 Rush - 59 Yards - 5.4 Avg - 1 TD [] 4 Rec - 19 Yards
smokeRICKYsmoke

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited to get my second season started ... Let's hope I don't hit a sophomore slump... Can't wait.. I had a great time last season..

-xbox live - KINGKONG609 and HALFWAYCROOK609
smokeRICKYsmoke

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:

Would the 19th be any better for you?

The 19th would be better for me because I'm off on Sundays ... But I might be able to do the 18th if i dont switch to day shift (8am to 4pm) before then .... I will definitely let you know when I find out.. But if it is on the 19th I'm good even if I do switch to day shift. Because I will still have off on Sundays ... Now that you guys know my schedule I look forward to winning the championship this year!

-xbox live - KINGKONG609 and HALFWAYCROOK609
Deets

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The road to the championship still runs through Belfast.

I'm Just Sayin'

FF Member #67
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be available on either the 18th or 19th of August.

Irish Dolfan
FF member #1205

Profanity is the one language known by all programmers!
fasel1515

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been on the waiting list for I think 3 years now and hopefully this is finally the year I get to participate!
eugenebaldy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in...and have some personal days to burn at work so any date for the draft is fine with me.

Bum Phillips:"Don Shula can take his'n and beat your'n, and then take your'n and beat his'n"
Offerdahl56

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in. if possible push the time back a little? if not no worries.
You will succumb to the Apostles...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: