Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The STL Cards Thread - OLD THREAD, LOCK ER UP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We signed Jason "Applesauce" Motte to a 2 yr/$12 million extension...

IDOG_det on the sig...
keepnitgangsta1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
keepnitgangsta1 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
Looks like Jaime won't be pitching in the WBC for Mexico. He's going to focus on the rehab process instead. Good to hear...

Also, Mitchell Boggs was selected to the USA roster. Here is who we have playing...

USA - Mitchell Boggs

Mexico - Fernando Salas

Puerto Rico - Carlos Beltran / Yadi Molina

Perfect amount of players. I know that Milwaukee is sending like 12 or something.

Ryan Braun and Jonathan Lucroy for Team USA.
John Axford, Jim Henderson, and Taylor Green for Team Canada.
Yovani Gallardo and Marco Estrada for Team Mexico.
Martin Maldonado and Hiram Burgos for Team Puerto Rico (why, exactly, Puerto Rico gets its own team when it's a US Territory is beyond me).
Carlos Gomez for Team D.R.
Jeff Bianchi for Team Italy.

14 is the maximum allowed number of players, and I'm not happy all of them are participating.

You're spring training roster is going to be terrible. Laughing

I guess it gives a chance for some of the young guys, but still.

My NFL Draft Thread
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this has been stated but I heard that if Taveras makes the team he is staying at MLB barring a major setback (injury or huge slump).
AP_allday2869

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Don't know if this has been stated but I heard that if Taveras makes the team he is staying at MLB barring a major setback (injury or huge slump).

I think they stick him at AA, then move him up to AAA pretty quickly. Then they will call him up in September, if not before then.

Adopt a Viking:
Chris Cook: Tackles: 5 Ints: 0 BP: 1 Ejections:1

Bridgewater or Bust!
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP_allday2869 wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:

I think they stick him at AA, then move him up to AAA pretty quickly. Then they will call him up in September, if not before then.

I think you'll see him at AAA for almost the enitre season (barring an injury).

They're not gonna bring him up to the MLB to play sparingly off the bench. He'll get his work in at AAA (really has nothing left to prove at AA) and continue to refine himself to make the club out of ST in 2014...

IDOG_det on the sig...
tttmikeb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
AP_allday2869 wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:

I think you'll see him at AAA for almost the enitre season (barring an injury).

They're not gonna bring him up to the MLB to play sparingly off the bench. He'll get his work in at AAA (really has nothing left to prove at AA) and continue to refine himself to make the club out of ST in 2014...

Agreed. He aced his AA test. No need to go back there. Some think he could be good enough to make the big league team. But like kgarrett said, they're not gonna keep him up to leave him on the bench. The "plan" is to have him play this year primarily at AAA, then take over RF from Beltran in 2014 since Beltran's contract expires after this year. Sounds like he's very interested in staying here, though. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out. Would love to keep him, obviously. As with everything, it'll come down to money.

.flash on the sig
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keepnitgangsta1 wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
keepnitgangsta1 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
Looks like Jaime won't be pitching in the WBC for Mexico. He's going to focus on the rehab process instead. Good to hear...

Also, Mitchell Boggs was selected to the USA roster. Here is who we have playing...

USA - Mitchell Boggs

Mexico - Fernando Salas

Puerto Rico - Carlos Beltran / Yadi Molina

Perfect amount of players. I know that Milwaukee is sending like 12 or something.

Ryan Braun and Jonathan Lucroy for Team USA.
John Axford, Jim Henderson, and Taylor Green for Team Canada.
Yovani Gallardo and Marco Estrada for Team Mexico.
Martin Maldonado and Hiram Burgos for Team Puerto Rico (why, exactly, Puerto Rico gets its own team when it's a US Territory is beyond me).
Carlos Gomez for Team D.R.
Jeff Bianchi for Team Italy.

14 is the maximum allowed number of players, and I'm not happy all of them are participating.

You're spring training roster is going to be terrible. Laughing

I guess it gives a chance for some of the young guys, but still.
Yep, pretty much. Gonna be a whole lot of 'meh' in ST this year.

I'm still upset that Puerto Rico gets it's own team. That's like there being a team California.

And I honestly didn't know that Italians could tell the difference between a baseball bat and a breadstick.

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
tttmikeb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/mlb-rumors/21613549/cardinals-one-of-many-teams-interested-in-shortstop-ronny-cedeno
Quote:
The Cardinals are among the teams interested in shortstop Ronny Cedeno, according to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com.

Cedeno, 29, spent last season with the Mets. In 186 plate appearances with the team, he hit .259/.332/.410.

I'm certainly not opposed to more depth/competition at SS. Thoughts?

.flash on the sig
CWood21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:

I've got serious doubts the brass would bring him to The Show unless they could commit consistent AB for him. Otherwise, he's going back down.
CWood21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tttmikeb wrote:
Agreed. He aced his AA test. No need to go back there. Some think he could be good enough to make the big league team. But like kgarrett said, they're not gonna keep him up to leave him on the bench. The "plan" is to have him play this year primarily at AAA, then take over RF from Beltran in 2014 since Beltran's contract expires after this year. Sounds like he's very interested in staying here, though. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out. Would love to keep him, obviously. As with everything, it'll come down to money.

This. Barring an injury to one of our starting outfielders, I don't think there is any way that Oscar Taveras doesn't start out as Memphis. Just doesn't make sense to put him on the bench and not get consistent at-bats, or have Matt Holliday or Carlos Beltran on the bench with their salaries. And then we'd take a hit defensively if we yanked Jon Jay for Oscar Taveras. 2014 has always been OT's ETA. He wants to speed it up though.
CWood21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When Baseball America’s 2013 Prospect Handbook reaches shelves early next month, the Cardinals will be unveiled as the annual publication’s No. 1 minor-league system in a ranking of all 30 clubs’ minor-league talent through mid-December, editors at the magazine confirmed. It is expected that the Cardinals also will hold that position in March when the trade magazine publishes its updated rankings for the 2013 season.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/cards-minor-league-system-ranks-no/article_5c90e4fa-cc69-5b4d-90bd-5b4836de8b3a.html

Pretty big deal.
green24

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Quote:
When Baseball America’s 2013 Prospect Handbook reaches shelves early next month, the Cardinals will be unveiled as the annual publication’s No. 1 minor-league system in a ranking of all 30 clubs’ minor-league talent through mid-December, editors at the magazine confirmed. It is expected that the Cardinals also will hold that position in March when the trade magazine publishes its updated rankings for the 2013 season.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/cards-minor-league-system-ranks-no/article_5c90e4fa-cc69-5b4d-90bd-5b4836de8b3a.html

Pretty big deal.

This shouldn't affect the Cardinals' position, but do you know if this is from before or after the Dickey trade?
CWood21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
This shouldn't affect the Cardinals' position, but do you know if this is from before or after the Dickey trade?

I would assume prior since I saw this in that article.

Quote:
Baseball America’s annual organization rankings are based on the conversations and individual rankings from four of the magazine’s editors. All four had the Cardinals ranked No. 1 this year, Callis said. The rankings in the handbook are current as of mid-December. The rankings the magazine considers official are released in March after offseason deals can be considered. Callis said it would it take trades with significant exchanges of prospects to unseat the Cardinals.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Quote:

Pretty big deal.

Yah, Callis eluded to this when he came out with his individual prospect list for the Cards...

Awesome news. We really need to give Jeff Lunhow at least partial props for this...

IDOG_det on the sig...
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ST. LOUIS -- Seeking a veteran middle infielder to provide depth and insurance behind shortstop Rafael Furcal, the Cardinals, after sifting through a thin free-agent market, have signed Ronny Cedeno to a one-year Major League contract to fill that hole.

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130128&content_id=41219456&vkey=news_stl&c_id=stl

That means that our roster is pretty much set. Ronny Cedeno will be our utility middle infielder.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 64 of 99

Jump to: