Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The STL Cards Thread - OLD THREAD, LOCK ER UP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
StLunatic88


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7712
Location: How good is your Good?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know he is a ways away, but I really like the dynamic that CJ McElroy could bring to this team. The 3 young OFs we have coming through the system of McElroy, Oscar Tavares & Anthony Garcia really intrigue me for the long term future of this team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9768
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
I know he is a ways away, but I really like the dynamic that CJ McElroy could bring to this team. The 3 young OFs we have coming through the system of McElroy, Oscar Tavares & Anthony Garcia really intrigue me for the long term future of this team.


Agreed, I really like his dynamic. He's got the speed to be a 30+ base stealer at the MLB level. He looks like he could be a plus contact hitter, with gap power. Could develop into a pretty good top of the order hitter...

I really think the Cards have 4 up and coming OF's...

1] Tavares
2] Garcia
3] McElroy
4] Tilson
_________________

IDOG_det on the sig...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tttmikeb


Joined: 12 Nov 2004
Posts: 3878
Location: Glen Carbon, IL
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baseball America's Top 10 Cardinals Prospects
Quote:
1. Oscar Taveras, OF
2. Shelby Miller, RHP
3. Carlos Martinez, RHP
4. Trevor Rosenthal*, RHP
5. Kolten Wong, 2B
6. Michael Wacha, RHP
7. Matt Adams, 1B
8. Tyrell Jenkins, RHP
9. Carson Kelly, 3B
10. Stephen Piscotty, OF

Link to Derrick Goold's P-D article

Thoughts?
_________________

.flash on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AP_allday2869


Joined: 23 Nov 2008
Posts: 6346
Location: University of Iowa
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tttmikeb wrote:
Baseball America's Top 10 Cardinals Prospects
Quote:
1. Oscar Taveras, OF
2. Shelby Miller, RHP
3. Carlos Martinez, RHP
4. Trevor Rosenthal*, RHP
5. Kolten Wong, 2B
6. Michael Wacha, RHP
7. Matt Adams, 1B
8. Tyrell Jenkins, RHP
9. Carson Kelly, 3B
10. Stephen Piscotty, OF

Link to Derrick Goold's P-D article

Thoughts?


I'd have Kelly above Jenkins and have Charlie Tilson over Piscotty. I really like what Tilson brings to the table.
_________________


Adopt a Viking:
Chris Cook: Tackles: 5 Ints: 0 BP: 1 Ejections:1

Bridgewater or Bust!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9768
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tttmikeb wrote:
Baseball America's Top 10 Cardinals Prospects
Quote:
1. Oscar Taveras, OF
2. Shelby Miller, RHP
3. Carlos Martinez, RHP
4. Trevor Rosenthal*, RHP
5. Kolten Wong, 2B
6. Michael Wacha, RHP
7. Matt Adams, 1B
8. Tyrell Jenkins, RHP
9. Carson Kelly, 3B
10. Stephen Piscotty, OF

Link to Derrick Goold's P-D article

Thoughts?


Jim Callis has said several times already that the Cards have the top farm system overall this year. I think we'll see that reflected when BA releases their 2013 team rankings...
_________________

IDOG_det on the sig...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DalCowboyzRule


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 18164
Location: Too Turnt University (TTU)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can y'all tell me anything about Kyle McClennan who we just signed?
_________________


green24 wrote:
Joey Gallo hits one a mile.

Haters gon' hate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9768
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:
Can y'all tell me anything about Kyle McClennan who we just signed?


Kyle McClellan was a fan favorite here for a good while. He was always a pretty good 7th/8th inning guy for us, then got moved intot he rotation and started off tremendous. He faded down the stretch and struggled with injury...

He never really regained form and had shoulder surgery last season...

If he's healthy, I think he could make the team in a relief/spot starter role. Most of his stuff isn't gonna wow you, but he did have a plus curveball from what I remember. Definitely took the "pitch to contact" approach we preached and usually had a good approach to a hitter and pretty good command...
_________________

IDOG_det on the sig...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DalCowboyzRule


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 18164
Location: Too Turnt University (TTU)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:
Can y'all tell me anything about Kyle McClennan who we just signed?


Kyle McClellan was a fan favorite here for a good while. He was always a pretty good 7th/8th inning guy for us, then got moved intot he rotation and started off tremendous. He faded down the stretch and struggled with injury...

He never really regained form and had shoulder surgery last season...

If he's healthy, I think he could make the team in a relief/spot starter role. Most of his stuff isn't gonna wow you, but he did have a plus curveball from what I remember. Definitely took the "pitch to contact" approach we preached and usually had a good approach to a hitter and pretty good command...


Thanks, sounds exactly like our new version of Scott Feldman. Laughing
_________________


green24 wrote:
Joey Gallo hits one a mile.

Haters gon' hate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CWood21


Moderator
Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 35417
Location: 'Merica
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP_allday2869 wrote:
I'd have Kelly above Jenkins and have Charlie Tilson over Piscotty. I really like what Tilson brings to the table.


As much as I prefer Tilson over Piscotty, he's got less than 50 AB in pro ball outside of EST. He may very well be a better prospect long term, but Piscotty has almost 8 times as many at-bats as Tilson. Stephen Piscotty probably projects more as a lower-end starting corner OF should all go well. Same applies with Jenkins over Kelly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
AP_allday2869


Joined: 23 Nov 2008
Posts: 6346
Location: University of Iowa
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
AP_allday2869 wrote:
I'd have Kelly above Jenkins and have Charlie Tilson over Piscotty. I really like what Tilson brings to the table.


As much as I prefer Tilson over Piscotty, he's got less than 50 AB in pro ball outside of EST. He may very well be a better prospect long term, but Piscotty has almost 8 times as many at-bats as Tilson. Stephen Piscotty probably projects more as a lower-end starting corner OF should all go well. Same applies with Jenkins over Kelly.


Having Piscotty over Tilson or Jenkins over Kelly would be a good list as well. I just think Tilson and Kelly have a higher potential for our ball club in the future than Picscotty or Jenkins.
_________________


Adopt a Viking:
Chris Cook: Tackles: 5 Ints: 0 BP: 1 Ejections:1

Bridgewater or Bust!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CWood21


Moderator
Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 35417
Location: 'Merica
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP_allday2869 wrote:
Having Piscotty over Tilson or Jenkins over Kelly would be a good list as well. I just think Tilson and Kelly have a higher potential for our ball club in the future than Picscotty or Jenkins.


I think you're starting to sleep on Tyrell Jenkins, there is a potential #2 if he can get his issues past him. Also, might be a case of shiny new toy syndrome. I love what Carson Kelly brings to the table especially if he can continue to develop as a hitter, but Jenkins is ahead of Kelly in the developmental curve and the numbers didn't exactly show Jenkins having a bad year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
AP_allday2869


Joined: 23 Nov 2008
Posts: 6346
Location: University of Iowa
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
AP_allday2869 wrote:
Having Piscotty over Tilson or Jenkins over Kelly would be a good list as well. I just think Tilson and Kelly have a higher potential for our ball club in the future than Picscotty or Jenkins.


I think you're starting to sleep on Tyrell Jenkins, there is a potential #2 if he can get his issues past him. Also, might be a case of shiny new toy syndrome. I love what Carson Kelly brings to the table especially if he can continue to develop as a hitter, but Jenkins is ahead of Kelly in the developmental curve and the numbers didn't exactly show Jenkins having a bad year.


I just haven't been too impressed with Jenkins. I know the potential is there, and I certainly hope he hits it because our rotation would be sick.

Although this is certainly good new here:

Taveras named ROY of Dominican League.

Quote:
The Rookie of the Year in the Dominican League was top Cardinals prospect Oscar Taveras.


http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130115&content_id=40971200&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb
_________________


Adopt a Viking:
Chris Cook: Tackles: 5 Ints: 0 BP: 1 Ejections:1

Bridgewater or Bust!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kgarrett12486


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 9768
Location: Busch III
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Jaime won't be pitching in the WBC for Mexico. He's going to focus on the rehab process instead. Good to hear...

Also, Mitchell Boggs was selected to the USA roster. Here is who we have playing...

USA - Mitchell Boggs

Mexico - Fernando Salas

Puerto Rico - Carlos Beltran / Yadi Molina
_________________

IDOG_det on the sig...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
keepnitgangsta1


Joined: 27 Feb 2006
Posts: 15370
Location: St. Louis
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Looks like Jaime won't be pitching in the WBC for Mexico. He's going to focus on the rehab process instead. Good to hear...

Also, Mitchell Boggs was selected to the USA roster. Here is who we have playing...

USA - Mitchell Boggs

Mexico - Fernando Salas

Puerto Rico - Carlos Beltran / Yadi Molina


Perfect amount of players. I know that Milwaukee is sending like 12 or something.
_________________

My NFL Draft Thread
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ramssuperbowl99


Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Posts: 23774
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keepnitgangsta1 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
Looks like Jaime won't be pitching in the WBC for Mexico. He's going to focus on the rehab process instead. Good to hear...

Also, Mitchell Boggs was selected to the USA roster. Here is who we have playing...

USA - Mitchell Boggs

Mexico - Fernando Salas

Puerto Rico - Carlos Beltran / Yadi Molina


Perfect amount of players. I know that Milwaukee is sending like 12 or something.
14.

Ryan Braun and Jonathan Lucroy for Team USA.
John Axford, Jim Henderson, and Taylor Green for Team Canada.
Yovani Gallardo and Marco Estrada for Team Mexico.
Martin Maldonado and Hiram Burgos for Team Puerto Rico (why, exactly, Puerto Rico gets its own team when it's a US Territory is beyond me).
Carlos Gomez for Team D.R.
Jeff Bianchi for Team Italy.

14 is the maximum allowed number of players, and I'm not happy all of them are participating.
_________________

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 63 of 99

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group