Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The STL Cards Thread - OLD THREAD, LOCK ER UP
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: The STL Cards Thread - OLD THREAD, LOCK ER UP Reply with quote

Here is the new thread for your St. Louis Cardinals. Hopefully a new thread will help us put together a new winning streak!

Thank goodness for getting some key guys healthy...

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras

Last edited by kgarrett12486 on Mon May 06, 2013 2:55 pm; edited 166 times in total
CWood21

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's time for my new set of prospect rankings with the draft concluded, and we've got a pretty good idea of who is going to sign and who won't. This is my top 30 Cardinals prospect rankings. I'll update my OP in this thread with this and the list as well, so that way you can go back and check on it. Feel free to post comments, questions, or arguments against my rankings.

Arrow Ceiling - Obviously this is what the farm system is all about. Who can develop the player who will provide the most value to their big league club at a cheap price. Players who project to be impact players get overvalued over less impactful players.
Arrow Floor - On the opposite of upside is the floor, which measures what his lowest potential were to be if he were to bust as a prospect. Players who have higher floors, but lower ceilings tend to get undervalued on draft day but provide excellent organizational depth.
Arrow Estimated Time of Arrival - Another key component in comparing prospect is how soon they are to being at the big league level.
Arrow Production - While everyone loves to see their top prospects produce great numbers, they must always be held into check as stats can be deceiving especially if a prospect is being told to specifically work on a game. Players that have played better at a higher level tend to get valued higher.
Arrow Positional Value - Pretty self explanatory. Every position has a value and can be compared otherwise. Similar quality hitting prospects, but one plays a more valuable position tends to get the nod as a better prospect.

Before I begin my rankings, I'll go ahead and say I left off anyone whom I didn't think would sign (Trey Williams, Max Foody) and anyone that I don't think will be rookie eligible at the end of the year (Joe Kelly, Eduardo Sanchez) so if you're wondering where I'd rank them otherwise, feel free to ask. Without further ado, I give you the honorable mentions (in no particular order).

30.) RHP Seth Mannes
Ever since he was drafted in the 11th round out of East Carolina during the 2011 draft, he's posted great results. He just throws strikes as he has only walked five batters in 59.1 innings at Springfield, but only six in 105.1 innings pitched between Palm Beach and Springfield. He's your class pitch-to-contact pitcher the Cardinals seem to constantly churn out time and time again. Combine the fact that he doesn't walk hitters and he doesn't give up the long ball, and it isn't out of the realm of possibility to slot him as a back of the rotation starter in the near future. He doesn't have over powering stuff as his fastball sits in the high 80s to low 90s depending on when he's throwing it. But it's his change up that is so valuable even with his fastball being average on a good day. He's a true control pitcher who mixes four pitches and controls them to induce a lot of ground outs. Probably spends the rest of the season with Springfield, but could be in line for a promotion closer to the end of the year.

29.) 2B/OF/DH Colin Walsh
Granted this is his third year in Quad Cities, he's really hit very well this year but he's still a player without a position. The Cardinals seem intent on trying him out at second base, but most reports say that is extremely optimistic. Sounds like they are going to have to move him to an outfield spot sooner rather than later since he appears lost in the diamond. If he can't be serviceable there, he'll need to go to an American League team where he can be a designated hitter. He's got a clean swing that gives him some power projection, but not middle of the order power. He'll need to start advancing pretty quickly if he wants to be recognized as a legitimate prospect, because he's bordering that "too old for the level" category.

28.) RHP Robert Stock
Drafted as a catcher and floundering there for a couple of years, he finally took to the mound this year with varying levels of success. He's armed with a fastball that sits in the low 90s, but touches 95 when he reaches back. He's got a change up that grades out as average, but some scouts believed it could be a plus pitch down the road while he was at USC. And his mid 80s offspeed pitch also projects as average. It's probably too early to call him a bust with only spending this season as a pitcher, but the clock is dwindling on him. He projects more to the bullpen than in the starting rotation, but he still has some believers in the front office.

Last edited by CWood21 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to get the win with Waino on the mound. Holliday is on a role. Hopefully we can get the sweep 2morrow.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
St. Louis Cardinals (@Cardinals)
Pitcher Chris Carpenter faced live batters yesterday for the first time since March 18. Find out how it went: atmlb.com/LPXIih.

Good news.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
AP_allday2869

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot how many good looking women go to these ballgames. I was sitting by at least three 10's.

Adopt a Viking:
Chris Cook: Tackles: 5 Ints: 0 BP: 1 Ejections:1

Bridgewater or Bust!
CWood21

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP_allday2869 wrote:
I forgot how many good looking women go to these ballgames. I was sitting by at least three 10's.

Pull any numbers?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
AP_allday2869 wrote:

Pull any numbers?

No Sad

Although I had a nice time talking to one about her lipstick collection and her collection of Silly Bandz.

Adopt a Viking:
Chris Cook: Tackles: 5 Ints: 0 BP: 1 Ejections:1

Bridgewater or Bust!
CWood21

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP_allday2869 wrote:
No Sad

Although I had a nice time talking to one about her lipstick collection and her collection of Silly Bandz.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CARLOS WITH #20!!!

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
bluesfreak74

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offense giving Lynn plenty of support already, so hopefully he doesn't waste this. Good 2nd inning so hope he builds on it.

El Ramster on this beaut!
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the innings might be starting to affect Lynn now. Knew it would come sooner or later Crying or Very sad

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
bluesfreak74

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough inning for Lynn.

ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any trade rumors? I haven't heard anything which is weird bc it's clear we need bullpen help.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
CWood21

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's time for my new set of prospect rankings with the draft concluded, and we've got a pretty good idea of who is going to sign and who won't. This is my top 30 Cardinals prospect rankings. I'll update my OP in this thread with this and the list as well, so that way you can go back and check on it. Feel free to post comments, questions, or arguments against my rankings.

Arrow Ceiling - Obviously this is what the farm system is all about. Who can develop the player who will provide the most value to their big league club at a cheap price. Players who project to be impact players get overvalued over less impactful players.
Arrow Floor - On the opposite of upside is the floor, which measures what his lowest potential were to be if he were to bust as a prospect. Players who have higher floors, but lower ceilings tend to get undervalued on draft day but provide excellent organizational depth.
Arrow Estimated Time of Arrival - Another key component in comparing prospect is how soon they are to being at the big league level.
Arrow Production - While everyone loves to see their top prospects produce great numbers, they must always be held into check as stats can be deceiving especially if a prospect is being told to specifically work on a game. Players that have played better at a higher level tend to get valued higher.
Arrow Positional Value - Pretty self explanatory. Every position has a value and can be compared otherwise. Similar quality hitting prospects, but one plays a more valuable position tends to get the nod as a better prospect.

Before I begin my rankings, I'll go ahead and say I left off anyone whom I didn't think would sign (Trey Williams, Max Foody) and anyone that I don't think will be rookie eligible at the end of the year (Joe Kelly, Eduardo Sanchez) so if you're wondering where I'd rank them otherwise, feel free to ask. Without further ado, I give you the honorable mentions (in no particular order).

Honorable Mention
RHP Adam Reifer
Often the forgotten man amongst our right handed relief prospects is Adam Reifer. After many pegged him as the future closer for the St. Louis Cardinals, he has fallen on hard times with the low of missing most of last season with a significant knee injury. Adam Reifer is a former 11th round pick from the 2007 draft, but injuries have really kept him from performing up to his talent level. His fastball sits in the mid 90s, but touches the high 90s pretty frequently and it's got some natural sink to it as well. He shows a slider that sits in the mid 80s with good movement, but he'll need to get healthy if he wants to break the Cardinals bullpen and with how badly they've performed they could use him. He gets a bit too easy to hit, which means he's likely more of a seventh inning guy than a closer.

C Cody Stanley
Going into this draft, Cody Stanley was the only real legitimate catching prospect depending on what you thought of Audry Perez. Drafted out of North Carolina in the 4th round of the 2010 draft, he came out and hit a cool .319/.377/.507 from the left side of the plate and was smooth behind the plate. But then he got busted for using PED prior to the year and as a result spent the first 50 games on the suspended list. He's battled injuries since he's been back and is currently on Palm Beach's roster.

LHP Kyle Hald
Kyle Hald probably isn't a legitimate big league prospects, but he's intriguing nonetheless. He doesn't have an overpowering fastball, it actually sits in the mid-to-high 80s. But his split fingered change up seems to be his best pitch by far. His slider has a hard break to it, and he has a show me curve ball with good break. He's got an excellent pick off move, and his smooth mechanics should help him stay healthy. He's definitely a player to keep an eye on down the road as a potential LOOGY.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bats came out of their slump they had been in and went nuts this weekend. Pitching was good outside of today.

Also, Tyrell Jenkins is making his start either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 1 of 99

Jump to: