Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oil Baron Vs Oil Baron: A Game Day Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

When do the Browns get Our first win of the Season?
This week
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Next Week
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
This year
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Oil Baron Vs Oil Baron: A Game Day Thread Reply with quote

Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening….Whatever time this finds you….Welcome to our Game day Thread….Inspired by Sesame Street, Married with Children, Any Given Sunday, Nas and a MacCallan 15 over Ice...Repeatedly....OH and the Corner....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mnKNr2Tiq8

It’s been a long Frustrating first half of the season, we are 0-8……were in Hell Gentleman…..But like my man NAS said….its halftime…of the season,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbq3axLwamE

None of us were expecting to be undefeated, but I don’t think any of us thought that we would have tasted a victory as of yet. I was expecting us to be 2-6 but I also expected us to start playing a LOT better in the 2nd half the season…..

I know some of us have said this to our Beloved team this year.

We don’t have near the Storied History vs each other….Interesting to find out that we did have a “Rivalry” with the Cowboys from 1960-1970, but not much after that. We lead the all-time series 17-13.
I did not find as many former players that we have in common….other than a few recent folks, for instance, we got a decent season out of Miles Austin a couple of years back…..The Cowboys signed Vince Mayle our 4th round pick a few years ago to their PS….but we got them back by letting them sign Brandon We-done…..LOL….so were even……

Speaking of QB’s, we do have some history at that position without Brandon We-done…..Our Beloved Bernie Kosar was a QB for the Cowboys in 1993….even filling in for Troy Aikman in the NFC championship game and leading the Cowboys to a W….and last but not least.....the Cowboys were the team that traded up with to the 22nd pick to take this guy

Tale of the Tape Brown's vs Cowboy's

We have a battle of the 3rd Rounder vs the 4th Rounder QB’s in Kessler vs Prescott (assuming that Kessler is back in there..he is listed as the co-starter), which is interesting. No one saw these two as possibly two of the top QB's coming out of College last year....

On offense the Cowboys are very tough running the football and have the #1 rush offense in the NFL, and what looks like the offensive rookie of the year, with Elliot coming home to visit NE ohio. Even injured the Cowboys offensive line has a clear cut advantage over our front 7 (we are currently 31rst vs the run). Hopefully Dez Bryant is out another week, because him vs our secondary AND their running game vs our front 7, could be historic points. Now while the Cowboys do have the clear advantage, the issue with them is you already know what they are going to be….with our D, Ogbah, Kindred, Nassib and Tyrone Holmes are getting better every week, so while our D “Shouldn’t” be able to stop them, we don’t know what our D looks like when all our young pieces play their BEST game TOGETHER…..with Shelton Anchoring, and us depending on Joe Haden (PLEASE JOE, GET GOOD AGAIN) to “Get It Done” in the secondary, there are some pieces there. Our COACHES must give our team the advantage with Scheme and superior motivation.

On our O vs their D, I would think that we can run the football, Feed the Crow and the Duke….. and if their secondary is injury depleted with Church and Claiborne possibly out, with Coleman coming back with week, and TP’s hamstring getting together, we may be able to put up a few points vs the Cowboys. But its going to be a tall task and a tough road to hoe. But once again, we have the advantage here, we know what the cowboys got….but have not seen our young O play their BEST game TOGETHER as of yet……this should be expected with such a young team (seriously this is the youngest Non Expansion team that I have ever seen in the NFL). I think our Oline played OK last week, I know folks are killing him, but Big Erv played better last week, then he did the week before….better than he did in week 1….I also want to see more of Drango, Coleman and Cooper….all young and talented Olineman…can our position coach get the best OUT of them? Seth DeVale caught his first pass last week, and looked natural doing so. Some two TE sets, screen game, Draws…bubble screens, PULL OUT ALL STOPS and let’s make them concentrate the ENTIRE game on defending the WHOLE field.
The Cowboy’s only loss this year is in week 1 to the Giants….So The Boys need play this game in a NY state of Mind……
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhyUVM2w6ro
NO…not that NY state of Mind……the ORINGAL NY State of Mind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKjj4hk0pV4

Key’s to Victory…..
1. Establish the Running Game…..the Crow must fly and the Duke must get touches

2 We must avoid self-inflicted wounds and be solid in all 3 phases of the game (Missed Tackles, dumb penalties at the wrong time, missed assignments, Turn Overs, and Blocked kicks) All the things that make you feel like:

3 Our D must find a way to get some stops

And last but not least #4

Now for some Obligatory Motivational Browns Picks…

Just for me…an old broke down college linebacker....…Motivation!!!
First listen to this….
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7cZQifbAM4
Then Listen to your favorite “Mode Song”
Mine is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUnfFC7wUrs

Let’s discuss getting it DONE this week Gentleman…

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, I am applauding your GDT starter pack. Not the level of our play. We're young. We're inexperienced. We're banged up.

But our kids are getting valuable game experience.....

(I almost posted an additional meme from Caddyshack, but he is persona non-grata until after the World Series ends.)

2014 1st Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award... 2016 Adopt-a-Brown: Hue Jackson. The suffering continues. We may win a game this year...or not.
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to finally see Kessler and Coleman together.

Excited to see Collins. Hope he gets a lot of PT. the playbook shouldn't matter if we're letting him freelance.

2016 Adopt A Brown: Al Saunders
Browns1987

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:

Excited to see Collins. Hope he gets a lot of PT. the playbook shouldn't matter if we're letting him freelance.

I will be really pissed off if Hue chooses McCown to start the game. I wanna see what Kessler can do with another weapon.
MWil23

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:

I saw McCown/Kessler were "costarters" on the depth chart. Kessler needs to start the rest of the way to see what he can do the last 8 games (assuming he stays healthy).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns1987 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

I will be really pissed off if Hue chooses McCown to start the game. I wanna see what Kessler can do with another weapon.

I just wanna see Kessler stay healthy...
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

I saw McCown/Kessler were "costarters" on the depth chart. Kessler needs to start the rest of the way to see what he can do the last 8 games (assuming he stays healthy).

What in the holy hell is a costarter?

I want to see Kessler and I'd love to see him stay healthy the rest of the way.

They have some big decisions to make this offseason and I hope they can get a good look at him.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.

Adopt-a-Brown 2016
Carl Nassib
Derrick Kindred
MWil23

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
MWil23 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

They have some big decisions to make this offseason and I hope they can get a good look at him.

No idea...I guess that they are splitting 1st team reps all week in practice and either one could start. I've heard of this in COLLEGE football when a team is trying to hide who they are going to start (Cardale vs. Barrett for example), but not in the NFL.

I like McCown, but there is literally 0 reason to start him. This team is 0-8 and already statistically eliminated from playoff contention, barring a doomsday AFC Central scenario that involved the Browns winning out and everyone else going into the dumpster.

It's time to see what the promising rookie can do for half the season, with Coleman/Pryor/Barnidge, and then decide in April whether or not they need a QBOTF.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
MWil23 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

No idea...I guess that they are splitting 1st team reps all week in practice and either one could start. I've heard of this in COLLEGE football when a team is trying to hide who they are going to start (Cardale vs. Barrett for example), but not in the NFL.

I like McCown, but there is literally 0 reason to start him. This team is 0-8 and already statistically eliminated from playoff contention, barring a doomsday AFC Central scenario that involved the Browns winning out and everyone else going into the dumpster.

It's time to see what the promising rookie can do for half the season, with Coleman/Pryor/Barnidge, and then decide in April whether or not they need a QBOTF.

Couldn't agree more.

Adopt-a-Brown 2016
Carl Nassib
Derrick Kindred
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
MWil23 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

Last game made me sour on McCown. As wild as it may sound, I think Kessler's decision making and decisiveness is on par with McCown's and he is a rookie. Point being, If its even you always go with the guy with the upside. The only difference is McCown has a better knowledge of coverages, mobility, and a few more rpm's on a pass.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
MWil23 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

We are realistically eliminated from the playoffs, but that was the case 8 weeks ago too. We aren't statistically eliminated though.

Scooby Wright - Practice squad

Andrew Hawkins - 22 catches 224 yards 3 TD
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cody will start

2016 Adopt A Brown: Al Saunders
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Cody will start

Huey's a smart guy.

Adopt-a-Brown 2016
Carl Nassib
Derrick Kindred
brownie man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Cody will start

Huey's a smart guy.

It feels good to this this FO/Coaching staff making the correct decisions.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Cody will start

Huey's a smart guy.

It feels good to this this FO/Coaching staff making the correct decisions.

Other than keeping Pasztor at tackle I can't think of one decision I really disagree with.

Adopt-a-Brown 2016
Carl Nassib
Derrick Kindred

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: