Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What if I told you Josh Gordon played 16 games for us...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brownie man

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject: What if I told you Josh Gordon played 16 games for us... Reply with quote

This is 100% hypothetical, but I can't seem to stop myself from watching Josh Gordon 2013 highlights.

With Terelle Pryor being asked about him yesterday it's got my mind going.

What's if Gordon played an entire season for us health? Where do you think we could go? How would that change our situation from right now? How many more wins is that? What does that mean for our offense?

Idk if it'll happen but I really hope it does so Hue and Al Saunders can get they're hands on Josh. I think he faster that happens the more likely are his chances of having a productive career.

[/list]
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After everything that has happened to him up until this point in his career its hard for me still to believe that he could fail with a guy like Hue Jackson and Al Saunders. But then again...

His presence alone would mean so much for a guy like Corey Coleman (And the whole WR corp) coverage wise. Chances are he won't ever have the year he had in 2013 but that won't necessarily be a bad thing. If that causes the other receivers to get off that means our offense is a least efficient which is what we want

Last edited by MSURacerDT55 on Thu May 26, 2016 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
MWil23

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd tell you that it would be the perfect situation for Coleman and RGIII. RGIII would have 2 FOR SURE legitimate WR threats/Red Zone threats in Barnidge and Gordon, and Coleman would be a great #2 deep threat that would benefit from double coverage on Gordon (or vice versa).

I'm resigned to him probably never playing again, and that, even if he does, he probably won't be 2013 Gordon, but even if he comes back at 75-80% of what he was, he still will be a legit #1 NFL caliber WR and Red Zone threat.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the way our reciever core is set up now

coleman
higgins
peyton
louis
pryor
devavle
barnidge

i think lot of these guys can line up inside, and out and make for some really tough mix and match ups, i really like coleman's ability as a #1 reciever, similar to antonio brown, and i think if josh gordon comes back it will be as a #2 or lower

"I Know What Hue Jackson Can Do" -Hue Jackson
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

abbs1988 wrote:

coleman
higgins
peyton
louis
pryor
devavle
barnidge

i think lot of these guys can line up inside, and out and make for some really tough mix and match ups, i really like coleman's ability as a #1 reciever, similar to antonio brown, and i think if josh gordon comes back it will be as a #2 or lower

With his skillset you think so? I personally think Coleman would be much more dangerous as a #2 plus much like Antonio Brown, he started as a #3 behind Mike Wallace and Hines Ward. No obviously he won't be a #3 here but I think it would be more beneficial to his development to be a #2 to start his career here.
buno67

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
abbs1988 wrote:

coleman
higgins
peyton
louis
pryor
devavle
barnidge

With his skillset you think so? I personally think Coleman would be much more dangerous as a #2 plus much like Antonio Brown, he started as a #3 behind Mike Wallace and Hines Ward. No obviously he won't be a #3 here but I think it would be more beneficial to his development to be a #2 to start his career here.

but it be too dangerous to automatically make Gordon the #1 again.

If Gordon could come back, I first would want to see how motivated he is because when he came back in '14 he was so incredibly lazy. He didn't know the plays and route straight garbage routes and the Browns actually had the playoffs on the line.

If he could some how catch the lightning in a bottle that was 13, the Browns in a single off season could of went from having the worse group of receivers to potential a top 15 unit. Have Gordon and TP working the outside and Colemen carving up the slot and having devavle &
barnidge owning the middle, and Duke out of the backfield.

Just sucks that we have no idea what kind of a player we will get if he comes back.
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
abbs1988 wrote:

coleman
higgins
peyton
louis
pryor
devavle
barnidge

If Gordon could come back, I first would want to see how motivated he is because when he came back in '14 he was so incredibly lazy. He didn't know the plays and route straight garbage routes and the Browns actually had the playoffs on the line.

If he could some how catch the lightning in a bottle that was 13, the Browns in a single off season could of went from having the worse group of receivers to potential a top 15 unit. Have Gordon and TP working the outside and Colemen carving up the slot and having devavle &

Just sucks that we have no idea what kind of a player we will get if he comes back.

josh gordon was still on pace for 969 yards after a 10 game suspension, dealing with a lot of self imposed stressors. its not like he was abysmal.

dangerous to make him the #1? are you smoking whatever josh is?

thanks reggie!
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
buno67 wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
abbs1988 wrote:

coleman
higgins
peyton
louis
pryor
devavle
barnidge

josh gordon was still on pace for 969 yards after a 10 game suspension, dealing with a lot of self imposed stressors. its not like he was abysmal.

It's buno....

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.

Adopt-a-Brown 2016
Carl Nassib
Derrick Kindred
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
buno67 wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
abbs1988 wrote:

coleman
higgins
peyton
louis
pryor
devavle
barnidge

It's buno....

oh right i forgot that would make him a piece of trash satan worshiper who hates puppies and babies and world peace

thanks reggie!
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
buno67 wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
abbs1988 wrote:

coleman
higgins
peyton
louis
pryor
devavle
barnidge

It's buno....

oh right i forgot that would make him a piece of trash satan worshiper who hates puppies and babies and world peace

He thinks Reefer Madness is a documentary.

Adopt-a-Brown 2016
Carl Nassib
Derrick Kindred
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure he would have made that big of a difference. Really didn't in 2013. And really didn't in 14.

But who knows in a different situation. Sure would be fun to see he and Coleman together.

2016 Adopt A Brown: Al Saunders
The Warriors blew a 3-1 lead
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Not sure he would have made that big of a difference. Really didn't in 2013. And really didn't in 14.

But who knows in a different situation. Sure would be fun to see he and Coleman together.

With Higgins and Hawkins in the slot. Higgins is going to end up being a steal in the 5th round

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:

Blaming him for a lack of success in 2013 is the same as blaming Joe Thomas for losing.

It wasn't them. It' was everyone else who was sucking arse at football.

Adopt-a-Brown 2016
Carl Nassib
Derrick Kindred
buno67

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
buno67 wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
abbs1988 wrote:

coleman
higgins
peyton
louis
pryor
devavle
barnidge

oh c'mon, he wasnt anything special in '14, he made no impact what so ever. that would of been the most useless 969 because of zero TDs.

its dangerous because he isnt reliable, sorry I dont want to make him the #1 and then just then he screws up. It had nothing to do with his drugs
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
buno67 wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
abbs1988 wrote:

coleman
higgins
peyton
louis
pryor
devavle
barnidge

oh c'mon, he wasnt anything special in '14, he made no impact what so ever. that would of been the most useless 969 because of zero TDs.

its dangerous because he isnt reliable, sorry I dont want to make him the #1 and then just then he screws up. It had nothing to do with his drugs

how has he screwed up outside of drug issues?
it has everything to do with his drugs for you

he has more god given talent than anyone on this team, including coleman. the downside to gordon coming back to the team and being the #1 is... none. if he screws up, so what, coleman got all the reps in OTAs, minicamps and most of TC at #1.

just admit it. you dont like josh gordon.

thanks reggie!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: