Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Good lord, is Coleman gonna make us wish for Gordon's return
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Good lord, is Coleman gonna make us wish for Gordon's return Reply with quote

http://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Coleman-took-part-in-the-beating-on-New-Years-Eve-53253548?utm_source=247Sports%20Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=170620_131112_Cleveland%20Browns%20Newsletter&utm_content=Link&liveconnect=C9-6D-13-39-96-59-61-FE-7D-FA-0B-06-78-87-95-79170620_131112ClevelandBrownsNewsletter

Quote:
Cleveland Browns wide receiver Corey Coleman 'took part in the beating' during a New Year's Eve attack according to a probable cause affidavit filed with the indictment charging his brother, Jonathan Coleman.

Has anyone else heard anything about this before today?

'14 1st Ballot Recipient of Joe Blackburn Award... A team is built thru the draft. NASA Glenn, we have ignition in Berea.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That beating was the only win he contributed to all year.

Well done Corey.
BwickRedux

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been hoping to squash my personal doubts about Coleman's character given his college of attendance and the disgusting things that went on there during his tenure, but this is making it a little more difficult. Best case scenario seems to be the NFL getting their hands on the surveillance tapes and them exonerating him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as he wasn't smoking weed I see no issue. Cool
buno67

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he wasnt charge. Grand Jury did not indict Corey Coleman Not hard to get indictment if any evidence he participated.

Lets treat him as innocent and not guilty...

His brother on the other hand...
bruceb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am more concerned about his durability.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:

BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:

Yeah Thomas...that's just like...your...opinion, man.
SweetFancyMoses

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
he wasnt charge. Grand Jury did not indict Corey Coleman Not hard to get indictment if any evidence he participated.

Doesn't mean the NFL won't investigate. They're still holding the ex girlfriend thing over Zeke's head. That was before he got drafted.
buno67

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SweetFancyMoses wrote:
buno67 wrote:

Doesn't mean the NFL won't investigate. They're still holding the ex girlfriend thing over Zeke's head. That was before he got drafted.

I think it's a lot different because the grand jury did not indict him. It's not like the case was settled outside of court or the charges were dropped, showing that maybe he got away with something. Grand jury saw all the evidence in the situation and said he wasn't going to be indicted. What is the league going to do?
Kiwibrown

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
SweetFancyMoses wrote:
buno67 wrote:

I think it's a lot different because the grand jury did not indict him. It's not like the case was settled outside of court or the charges were dropped, showing that maybe he got away with something. Grand jury saw all the evidence in the situation and said he wasn't going to be indicted. What is the league going to do?

Goodall will be chomping at the bit to investigate and suspend.
It is what that wannabe sheriff loves.
buno67

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiwibrown wrote:
buno67 wrote:
SweetFancyMoses wrote:
buno67 wrote:

If the grand jury didnt have evidence to indict, there isnt going to be anything the NFL could find. Its not like the grandjury is going to do a NFL player any favors
Kiwibrown

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Kiwibrown wrote:
buno67 wrote:
SweetFancyMoses wrote:
buno67 wrote:

If the grand jury didnt have evidence to indict, there isnt going to be anything the NFL could find. Its not like the grandjury is going to do a NFL player any favors

As a New Zealander I don't know what that means. But good.
BwickRedux

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiwibrown wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Kiwibrown wrote:
buno67 wrote:
SweetFancyMoses wrote:
buno67 wrote:

As a New Zealander I don't know what that means. But good.

Buno, I don't think things are as settled as you believe:

Quote:
A Cuyahoga County grand jury indicted the brother of Browns wide receiver Corey Coleman and another man on assault charges stemming from a physical altercation Dec. 31 in the downtown Cleveland building in which the player lives.
Coleman hasnít been charged.
He was not named in the indictment filed Tuesday morning, but the matter remains under investigation, Cuyahoga County Prosecutorís Office spokeswoman Kathleen Caffrey said by phone.

http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/browns-receiver-corey-coleman-isn-t-charged-but-investigation-continues-after-brother-and-another-man-are-indicted-on-assault-counts-1.775719

Additionally, the cleveland.com report states the police filed a probable cause affidavit with the indictment of the other two individuals that declared Corey did take place in the beating.
I'd actually say this scenario is more damning than the one that was facing Brantley, because at least there there were plenty of holes and inconsistencies with the narrative. whereas here the reports are consistent, the police are swearing to the fact that Corey participated, and at the very minimum, the best case scenario for him was that he was there at the time two people close to him beat up a guy and moved his unconscious body to a parking garage stairwell. All in all not a good look.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I was worried about with our top 2 WR's was that either or both would do something stupid and get suspended. Coleman and Britt look good on paper, but they are both troublemakers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: