Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SoS's Pressing Questions

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SoS


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 3560
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: SoS's Pressing Questions Reply with quote

How's it going fellas. This will be the next installment of my "32 Team Pressing Fantasy Questions" thread, which will be found in the Fantasy Football forum once I've compiled a sufficient amount of responses. I will be linking each team from that central thread so posters can click on the link and be directed to this thread (or whichever team they click on) to directly see the comments you guys have left.


With that said, I would GREATLY appreciate as much participation/responses/opinions as possible. I know it's somewhat of a dead period here on Football's Future but it would be great if you guys could just take a few seconds to voice what you believe to be the answer to these pressing questions. Since it is for fantasy purposes, there likely will not be any defensive questions. Each team will have 3 questions and they will generally encompass the QBs, RBs, and WRs.


Thanks in advance!


1. Obviously there are more uncertainties with the Browns than almost any other team in the league. But what most people want to know is, will Manziel start and can he be successful with a group of misfit toys in year 1?


2. Another huge question on people's minds is the battle between Ben Tate and Terrance West. So, who's the better back for 2014? Beyond?


3. Jordan Cameron is pretty much bound to get his in the receiving game and could likely be a top 5 guy at his position again. Outside of him, are there any sleepers in that receiving corp to look out for?

_________________
DudeWhat?? wrote:
If I am a starting QB and my back up is Kellen Clemens..i would only have one question...."Turn up for what?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 41825
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I don't think we have that many "uncertainties." Just guys with talent that haven't had the right chance to succeed like Jordan Cameron.

1. Manziel will start, but his success will be in the read option.

2. Tate for 2014 and 2015, but West in 2016.

3. Andrew Hawkins will be a beast.
_________________
El ramster wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Dude's been here for 8 years and doesn't know that his avi is too big? Not talking


You've been here 7 and still haven't picked a team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JM95


Joined: 09 Jun 2013
Posts: 528
Location: London
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have many 'uncertainties' at all. People don't know about our roster and assume because we're the Browns it must suck.

1. Hoyer will start. Manziel will successful though.

2. Tate for 2014, West for beyond.

3. Hawkins is a monster. Also look out for Charles Johnson a guy who we managed to sign off of GB's ps last year, gonna be good to see what he can do with an offseason with the team under his belt. Also Willie Snead might be someone to watch out for, UDFA out of Ball state. All three are better than anything else we had at WR last year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bucketheadsdad


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 4826
Location: Sandusky, Ohio
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JM95 wrote:
We don't have many 'uncertainties' at all. People don't know about our roster and assume because we're the Browns it must suck.

1. Hoyer will start. Manziel will successful though.

2. Tate for 2014, West for beyond.

3. Hawkins is a monster. Also look out for Charles Johnson a guy who we managed to sign off of GB's ps last year, gonna be good to see what he can do with an offseason with the team under his belt. Also Willie Snead might be someone to watch out for, UDFA out of Ball state. All three are better than anything else we had at WR last year.


Except for the guy who won't be with us this year. Wink
_________________

2014 1st Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award...#JOSHGORDONSHAFTED! Adopt a Brownie 2014: Jabaal Sheard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JM95


Joined: 09 Jun 2013
Posts: 528
Location: London
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucketheadsdad wrote:
JM95 wrote:
We don't have many 'uncertainties' at all. People don't know about our roster and assume because we're the Browns it must suck.

1. Hoyer will start. Manziel will successful though.

2. Tate for 2014, West for beyond.

3. Hawkins is a monster. Also look out for Charles Johnson a guy who we managed to sign off of GB's ps last year, gonna be good to see what he can do with an offseason with the team under his belt. Also Willie Snead might be someone to watch out for, UDFA out of Ball state. All three are better than anything else we had at WR last year.


Except for the guy who won't be with us this year. Wink


Yeah but lets just Brush that under the carpet and pretend it never happened... but seriously any receiving core that doesn't include greg little and davone bess is an improvement.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bucketheadsdad


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 4826
Location: Sandusky, Ohio
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JM95 wrote:
Bucketheadsdad wrote:
JM95 wrote:
We don't have many 'uncertainties' at all. People don't know about our roster and assume because we're the Browns it must suck.

1. Hoyer will start. Manziel will successful though.

2. Tate for 2014, West for beyond.

3. Hawkins is a monster. Also look out for Charles Johnson a guy who we managed to sign off of GB's ps last year, gonna be good to see what he can do with an offseason with the team under his belt. Also Willie Snead might be someone to watch out for, UDFA out of Ball state. All three are better than anything else we had at WR last year.


Except for the guy who won't be with us this year. Wink


Yeah but lets just Brush that under the carpet and pretend it never happened... but seriously any receiving core that doesn't include greg little and davone bess is an improvement.



I can't say that I disagree. Laughing
_________________

2014 1st Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award...#JOSHGORDONSHAFTED! Adopt a Brownie 2014: Jabaal Sheard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DawgX


Joined: 08 Aug 2006
Posts: 10900
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Hoyer will most likely start unless Manziel clearly looks better than Hoyer in TC and preseason. Manziel could possibly take over as the starter at some point during the season depending on how well Hoyer plays.

2. West is an unproven rookie, so Tate might be better this season. Can't say for sure who will be better beyond 2014 until we see how they do this year. Most think Tate will be the #1 RB this season but we think West will still get plenty of carries. Especially because the Browns will really rely on their running game this season since there's so many question marks surrounding their passing game.

3. Hawkins.
_________________
Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 5236
Location: WV
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Too soon to tell if he will start, I'd lean towards no to start the season unless he performs like Russell Wilson did a couple years ago during his rookie season when he made it clear he should start. Offense isn't as bad as it seems. Good OLine/TE. Solid RB's. decent but undersized WR's. ?Q?B?

2) Tate this year West likely beyond. It really depends how well they work with the OL.

3) Charles Johnson, he has decent size and that may be a benefit for our QB, especially if it is Hoyer. Austin will likely be the only other WR on our roster that is above 6' so if he stays healthy he should haul in 60+ receptions. If Manziel starts Hawkins could be an X factor as well as Benjamin. Benjamin is also valuable because of his return ability depending upon how the league scores that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgX


Joined: 08 Aug 2006
Posts: 10900
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
1) Too soon to tell if he will start, I'd lean towards no to start the season unless he performs like Russell Wilson did a couple years ago during his rookie season when he made it clear he should start. Offense isn't as bad as it seems. Good OLine/TE. Solid RB's. decent but undersized WR's. ?Q?B?

2) Tate this year West likely beyond. It really depends how well they work with the OL.

3) Charles Johnson, he has decent size and that may be a benefit for our QB, especially if it is Hoyer. Austin will likely be the only other WR on our roster that is above 6' so if he stays healthy he should haul in 60+ receptions. If Manziel starts Hawkins could be an X factor as well as Benjamin. Benjamin is also valuable because of his return ability depending upon how the league scores that.


Do you think Hawkins could be an X-factor only if Manziel starts, but not Hoyer? 'Cause I heard Hoyer and Hawkins were developing a good rapport during OTAs.
_________________
Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 5236
Location: WV
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
1) Too soon to tell if he will start, I'd lean towards no to start the season unless he performs like Russell Wilson did a couple years ago during his rookie season when he made it clear he should start. Offense isn't as bad as it seems. Good OLine/TE. Solid RB's. decent but undersized WR's. ?Q?B?

2) Tate this year West likely beyond. It really depends how well they work with the OL.

3) Charles Johnson, he has decent size and that may be a benefit for our QB, especially if it is Hoyer. Austin will likely be the only other WR on our roster that is above 6' so if he stays healthy he should haul in 60+ receptions. If Manziel starts Hawkins could be an X factor as well as Benjamin. Benjamin is also valuable because of his return ability depending upon how the league scores that.


Do you think Hawkins could be an X-factor only if Manziel starts, but not Hoyer? 'Cause I heard Hoyer and Hawkins were developing a good rapport during OTAs.


I'd expect 40-50 catches for Hawkins for 600 or so yards with Hoyer starting. He should still be productive it will just mostly be quick short passes and hope Hawkins can do something with it. Eventually I think defenses would take that away if it proves successful. I think Manziel's potential ability to extend plays may allow Hawkins to slip away from coverage somewhat negating the height disadvantage he has and opening up plays down the field.

At 5'7 I think he should primarily be in the slot with Hoyer, I think with Manziel he could play on the outside more often. With Manziel I could see his YPR going up considerably, his total receptions may go down though.

*depending on the quality of QB Manziel will be of course.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group