Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MNF Game 2, Week 1: Chargers @ Cardinals
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MrDrew


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 17752
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: MNF Game 2, Week 1: Chargers @ Cardinals Reply with quote

I know I'll be talking to myself until after the game, but we still need a thread.




Michael Gehlken via Twitter wrote:
TE Antonio Gates appears to be true game-time decision. He's on field, testing hamstring for head athletic trainer James Collins.

_________________


"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrDrew


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 17752
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inactives.


Rotoworld wrote:
Antonio Gates (hamstring) is active for Monday night's Week 1 opener versus the Cardinals.
Gates popped up on the injury report Saturday morning, and was a game-time decision. He's going to give it a go, but expect to see plenty of Ladarius Green.

Inactive for the Chargers are S Jahleel Addae, NT Ryan Carrethers, CB Chris Davis, WR Dontrelle Inman, NT Ricardo Mathews, RB Branden Oliver, and LB Tourek Williams.



Looks like Donald Brown will be returning kicks.
_________________


"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 25164
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who the heck is playing nose tackle aside from Lissemore. Laughing
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boltstrikes


Moderator
Joined: 15 Feb 2006
Posts: 6112
Location: LA MIRADA, CA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We better be running that 4 man hybrid front this year or we're going to get some deep gashes in the belly. Arizona will test our pass rush and corners. Seattle will test our run defense. We'll have a really good idea what to expect out of our defense after these first two games.
_________________


EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrDrew


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 17752
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Who the heck is playing nose tackle aside from Lissemore. Laughing


Ricardo Mathews. I don't know if that should make anybody feel better.
_________________


"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrDrew


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 17752
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld wrote:
Inactive for the Cardinals are FS Tyrann Mathieu (knee), QB Logan Thomas, LB Glenn Carson, LB Alex Okafor, OG Earl Watford, TE Darren Fells, and DE Kareem Martin.


In case you were wondering.
_________________


"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 25164
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Who the heck is playing nose tackle aside from Lissemore. Laughing


Ricardo Mathews. I don't know if that should make anybody feel better.


He's inactive.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Neutral


Joined: 08 Mar 2013
Posts: 760
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relax, guys. Pagano is a highly-respected defensive mind. I'm sure he has a plan!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 25164
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neutral wrote:
Relax, guys. Pagano is a highly-respected defensive mind. I'm sure he has a plan!


Mega Blitz. 11 guys at once. They'll never expect it.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duffman57


Joined: 20 Jan 2009
Posts: 8250
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Inactives.


Rotoworld wrote:
Antonio Gates (hamstring) is active for Monday night's Week 1 opener versus the Cardinals.
Gates popped up on the injury report Saturday morning, and was a game-time decision. He's going to give it a go, but expect to see plenty of Ladarius Green.

Inactive for the Chargers are S Jahleel Addae, NT Ryan Carrethers, CB Chris Davis, WR Dontrelle Inman, NT Ricardo Mathews, RB Branden Oliver, and LB Tourek Williams.



Looks like Donald Brown will be returning kicks.


Surprised at Carrethers, Inman and Addae. Nobody is going to ask why our co-starting S is inactive? Unless he's hurt and i didn't know about it...

Looks like we're going to be playing a lot of 43 looks with no backup NT's (unless we're going to kick Liuget in to play the 1T in one gapping looks.
_________________

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
charger-man


FF Fanatic
Joined: 26 Nov 2004
Posts: 5010
Location: Washington, DC
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Inactives.


Rotoworld wrote:
Antonio Gates (hamstring) is active for Monday night's Week 1 opener versus the Cardinals.
Gates popped up on the injury report Saturday morning, and was a game-time decision. He's going to give it a go, but expect to see plenty of Ladarius Green.

Inactive for the Chargers are S Jahleel Addae, NT Ryan Carrethers, CB Chris Davis, WR Dontrelle Inman, NT Ricardo Mathews, RB Branden Oliver, and LB Tourek Williams.



Looks like Donald Brown will be returning kicks.


Surprised at Carrethers, Inman and Addae. Nobody is going to ask why our co-starting S is inactive? Unless he's hurt and i didn't know about it...

Looks like we're going to be playing a lot of 43 looks with no backup NT's (unless we're going to kick Liuget in to play the 1T in one gapping looks.


Addae has been hurt and wasn't expected to play. Get ready for a healthy dose of Richard Marshall!

I'm curious to see how our rushing attack fares against 2013's strongest rush D. Considering the Cards have lost, Dockett, Washington and Dansby we should be able to find some running room.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Neutral


Joined: 08 Mar 2013
Posts: 760
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were right about Tourek being inactive. Hopefully we get to see some Attaochu tonight

Also interested to see what happens with the secondary. Palmer might not be the best QB, but his career numbers against us are ridiculous:

69.8% completion percentage
339.3 YPG
9.60 YPA
14:3 TD/INT
116.4 QB rating

Somehow he's only 2-4 in those games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrDrew


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 17752
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Who the heck is playing nose tackle aside from Lissemore. Laughing


Ricardo Mathews. I don't know if that should make anybody feel better.


He's inactive.


Read that 6 times, and it still didn't register. I think they played Palepoi a little at NT. Still doesn't make me feel better.
_________________


"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wilkieray


Joined: 16 Mar 2012
Posts: 156
Location: Bossier city, LA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too many dropped balls in the first half. I am ecstatic of Verrett and Attachou. Them boys can play.
_________________
Gotta win them close games. SMH!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wilkieray


Joined: 16 Mar 2012
Posts: 156
Location: Bossier city, LA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And where is L. Green
_________________
Gotta win them close games. SMH!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group