Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Two questions for Bengals fans..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Two questions for Bengals fans.. Reply with quote

Hey, Packer fan here.

My first question is how good do you guys believe Andy Dalton will become? I personally believe Dalton has a great chance of being a top 5 QB in the league one day. He's very smart with the throws he makes for being so young makes up for a slightly weak arm for it with the touch he can put on passes.

The second question is how likely is it that Colin Cochart makes the team again? He is from the same small town I grew up in and is kind of a hero figure there, so I'd like to hear from Bengals fans what the expectation is with him.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalton's got it all (besides elite arm strength) to be a great QB in this league. His accuracy, anticipation, and touch were miles ahead of the curve for a rookie. He was also a great leader and handled the huddle pretty damn well. He quickly earned the respect of his teammates and will only get better going forward. I wanna see him improve against the BAL's and PIT's but i believe he can lead us to a division title very soon.

Cochart is borderline on our roster. Right now he's battling with Donald Lee for the TE final spot. He's definitely a better blocker than Lee, and he does have youth on his side. Our second receiving TE is Orson Charles behind Gresham. We love TE's who can block and aren't afraid to play TE's that struggle in the passing game (ala Reggie Kelly). I think he has a good chance to surpass Lee, but who knows.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Two questions for Bengals fans.. Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
Hey, Packer fan here.

My first question is how good do you guys believe Andy Dalton will become? I personally believe Dalton has a great chance of being a top 5 QB in the league one day. He's very smart with the throws he makes for being so young makes up for a slightly weak arm for it with the touch he can put on passes.

The second question is how likely is it that Colin Cochart makes the team again? He is from the same small town I grew up in and is kind of a hero figure there, so I'd like to hear from Bengals fans what the expectation is with him.

I honestly think Dalton can become a poor man's Drew Brees. I don't think he will put up as good of numbers, but he can be just as efficient. He just seems to have the IT factor. He is smart with the football and is accurate. If he can work on his arm strength/mechanics, he can be one of the best. I can see him becoming one of the better QBs in the league once Brady/Manning and the older QBs retire.

As far as Cochart, I think he makes it as the 3rd TE on the roster this year. I like him as a player, very blue collar. Seems like a hard worker and the coaches seem to like him.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Two questions for Bengals fans.. Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
Hey, Packer fan here.

I honestly think Dalton can become a poor man's Drew Brees. I don't think he will put up as good of numbers, but he can be just as efficient. He just seems to have the IT factor. He is smart with the football and is accurate. If he can work on his arm strength/mechanics, he can be one of the best. I can see him becoming one of the better QBs in the league once Brady/Manning and the older QBs retire.

As far as Cochart, I think he makes it as the 3rd TE on the roster this year. I like him as a player, very blue collar. Seems like a hard worker and the coaches seem to like him.

Agree with this summary.

I remember raising my eyebrows at a scouting report I read on Dalton pre-draft that comapred him to Drew Brees. If Dalton turns into a Drew Brees, I will be very happy. This next season is obviously going to be very important for Dalton. I like Cochart, looks like he's going to be a solid TE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: