Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Track & Field Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cfernandez

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: The Official Track & Field Thread Reply with quote

Well track season is starting for me and probably for a lot of other people too so I thought I would start a thread for this. I'm a junior in HS and I run sprints. Unlike my football team, my track team is good, but all of our good sprinters quit the team to pursue other interests so the burden is on my shoulders.

I run the 100 and 200 and the first leg in the 4x1. My PB in the 100 is an 11.4 and my PB in the 200 is 23 something. Today at practice I had to run with the tall quarter milers and although we didn't go full speed, I didn't outrun anybody. We haven't gone 110% yet but I'm extra motivated now knowing there are people that could be better then me.

I just watched every Prime U episode featuring Deion Sanders and I learned a lot of stuff. I'm trying to cram it all in my head and I forgot most of the stuff already. Laughing

I want to hear about everyone else in track too so please share whatever you want.

FFMD-11 Jets GM
RickyG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ran a 13.25 100M two days ago. Get off me son. LOL
cfernandez

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RickyG wrote:

Haha, how old are you?

FFMD-11 Jets GM
MrKuro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a freshman, never ran track before.

2 weeks ago I ran a PB of 5:03 in the 1600M Cool

Of course it wasnt recorded so now my SB is 5:12 Crying or Very sad

Our team would be good, but something happened with our old head coach and now the girls head coach is ours and everyone hates him so heres a list of the important people we lost or are about to lose:

Pedro
Kemal
Jonathon
Jacob
Lloyd
Gene
John

Now, everythings messed up.

Mossburg wrote:
Kyle Orton is so clutch, they're actually changing the clutch pedal on cars to be called "Kyle". "Sir, how much will it cost me to repair my Kyle?"
HighHopes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant run anything like that Laughing but im doing shotput this year, the damn things makes me feel so weak lol

XBL/PSN: Chainedsniper
bookend57

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shouldn't this go in the "other sports" thread?

anyway, i'm in college so i don't do track anymore, but in high school i threw shot put and discus.

i usually threw about 140' in disc and 50' in shot, my PR in shot is 53' even and in disc its 154' 7"

^gopherwrestler^
RickyG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfernandez wrote:
RickyG wrote:

Haha, how old are you?

23. I've never been a "track star"

It was just part of the Army German Sports thing I did.

Saturday
5 minute 200M swim
13.25 100M (no blocks)
1.35M High Jump
20x145 bench press
<23:00 5k

Sunday
5/5 Glock 19 25M
30k ruck march w/25 lbs in under 5hrs

GOLD BABY Very Happy
NCS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved running track, well I loved watching the girls run.

I was only good at one event but I was really really good at it and it was discus. My PR was something around 169 (its been 7 years) but I do remember never cracking 170 Crying or Very sad
seminoles1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big track and field fan. I help out my old high school coach with the distance runners when I'm back in town. Middle distance to distance for me.

Track team at my school used to be really strong. But, it's really fizzled down over the last few years. Won 3 straight state titles from 2001-2003. Then, from 2004-2007 when I was in high school, we didn't get any better than 4th. I mean, I was the fastest at every event that didn't involve the hurdles my senior year. It was kind of sad.

400: 50.17 (split)
800: 1:58.3
1600: 4:31

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
Neumatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you all show me up for the 1600 Laughing

Fastest time iv ever gotten was 6:14 back in 8th grade. That was before I became bored with track and quit. Now im a good 6 inches taller and 70lb's heavier and havent ran the mile in 4 years Laughing. I was going to run track this year with my friend but he decided not to do it because he needed a job.

Jamison. on the sig
Brick_Tamland54

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been running track since 7th grade, and this year i'll be in 10th, so i'll be running the 100m, 200m (both not for points of course, i'm not fast enough Laughing ) but i'll be doing shotput for points this year, and my coach thinks I could potentially beat our schools record by senior year Very Happy
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a PR of 5:16 in the mile, that was indoors.. I'd like to get as far under 5 as I can this spring. I'm a sophomore.
cfernandez

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been training for a week and I ran a 26 in the cold without spikes in all sweats. I don't know whether to say eww or not.

FFMD-11 Jets GM
maes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! Awesome thread.

I went out for a 5-miler by myself today because my coach is away at Nike Indoor Nationals with a few teammates of mine for the weekend.

Hopefully I can make the cut-off for the freshman mile for NON (It's 4:35 technically, but because of politics I'll be able to get in with a 4:45).

So here are my goals (Freshman):
2:09 800m
4:45 mile

I can't wait for my first meet next Saturday, just hoping to break 5:10 in the mile because I won't tapering at all (8x400 the day before) and it's really early in the season.

EDIT: And who heard about that Freshman at NIN who broke Haile's HSR in the 5k... damn.

And he isn't even going to do track!
MrKuro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me give you a scenario.

I would run my first race, 3rd leg in the 4x8, all good, energetic, with a time of 2:12, at 10 AM.

Then, I would go to our tent and chill there until my next race, the 1600m, at about 4-5. But during that race, I get cramps, and run a faulty 5:11 instead of a potential sub 5.

Real thing, happened yesterday, FYI.

How do I prevent this from happening? Every meet that I went to that I ran more than one race, I would always cramp up during my second run. What can I do to prevent this? I'm usually cramping in my abdominals and I doubt it was a one time thing because I have been to 4 meets so far.

Meet One: Two Races, 1600m and 3200m. 1600m- 5:03, 3200m- 13:11 (Badddd cramp, as you can see)
Meet Two: Two Races, 4x800m and 1600m, 4x800m Split- 2:09, 1600m- 5:26 (Again, cramp, and almost no energy)
Meet Three: One Race, 1600m, 1600m- 5:10 (Nothing wrong, just didnt run as hard as the first meet)
Meet Four: Two Races, 4x800m, 1600m, 4x800m Split- 2:12, 1600m- 5:11 (Caught a cramp on the final curve of the third lap)

So, is there any way I can prevent myself from cramping after running a race previously? Usually after a race if I'm going to run another I run a 800m cool down and strech, although its usually about 20 minutes after I finish my race due to fatigue adn lazyness, and I almost literally drown myself in water immediately after the race, and I sit and chill till about 45 minutes before the race, where I go warm up and if I still feel a cramp I drink water.

Mossburg wrote:
Kyle Orton is so clutch, they're actually changing the clutch pedal on cars to be called "Kyle". "Sir, how much will it cost me to repair my Kyle?"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 1 of 28

Jump to: