Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Giants Safety Tyler Sash suspended for 4 games by the NFL
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 40501
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Giants Safety Tyler Sash suspended for 4 games by the NFL Reply with quote

Quote:
Giants S Tyler Sash has been suspended 4 games for violating the NFL's performance enhancing drug policy. #NYG


http://twitter.com/RVacchianoNYDN/statuses/230389917207908352
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NYGiantsman10


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 10013
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the drain on our secondary begins...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Gmen


Joined: 20 Jul 2007
Posts: 15736
Location: Myyyyy precioussss
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was never a big fan of Sash. Will Hill has looked good according to reports. Hoping he wins the 3rd safety job.

No thanks to Deon Grant.
_________________


"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bagh


Joined: 13 Mar 2008
Posts: 8368
Location: Toronto, Ontario (That's Canada folks )
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apparently it was for adderall. The same thing with Andre Brown.

Brown appealed and got it reduced but Sash wasnt so lucky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shockey1979


Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 20952
Location: RI/MA
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't understand why a player is suspended for using a drug for a real life health issue that was prescribed and attained legally....
_________________

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen


Joined: 20 Jul 2007
Posts: 15736
Location: Myyyyy precioussss
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
I just don't understand why a player is suspended for using a drug for a real life health issue that was prescribed and attained legally....

Sash could be lying.
_________________


"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xfaxtor


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 13744
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
I just don't understand why a player is suspended for using a drug for a real life health issue that was prescribed and attained legally....

Sash could be lying.


Lying about what? Why he took it? Its still legal to use with a perscription so why he took it is rather unimportant.

Edit:If you mean lying about taking Aderall while actually being busted for something else, yeah that could be the case
_________________


^Joe_is_the_best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titwio


Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 6256
Location: Bronx NY *Sio Moore mofo's
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
Gmen wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
I just don't understand why a player is suspended for using a drug for a real life health issue that was prescribed and attained legally....

Sash could be lying.


Lying about what? Why he took it? Its still legal to use with a perscription so why he took it is rather unimportant.

Edit:If you mean lying about taking Aderall while actually being busted for something else, yeah that could be the case


It's not out of the question for some athletes to get help from their doctors to get prescriptions. If Sash felt he could walk the line using Adderall to help his career then the doctor prescribing him the drug could have just been his alibi to say it was actually used for a condition and not enhancing...and of course the doctor would be lying for him.

Not saying Sash did this of course I'm just saying it could be the possibility that the league thought of this while upholding his suspension... being that Sash didn't inform the Giants or the league that he indeed had this condition.
_________________
44 and 21 Once a Giant, always a Giant
bRONX bRIXX
2013 Welcome's you to the "David Wilson Show".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xfaxtor


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 13744
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titwio wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
Gmen wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
I just don't understand why a player is suspended for using a drug for a real life health issue that was prescribed and attained legally....

Sash could be lying.


Lying about what? Why he took it? Its still legal to use with a perscription so why he took it is rather unimportant.

Edit:If you mean lying about taking Aderall while actually being busted for something else, yeah that could be the case


It's not out of the question for some athletes to get help from their doctors to get prescriptions. If Sash felt he could walk the line using Adderall to help his career then the doctor prescribing him the drug could have just been his alibi to say it was actually used for a condition and not enhancing...and of course the doctor would be lying for him.

Not saying Sash did this of course I'm just saying it could be the possibility that the league thought of this while upholding his suspension... being that Sash didn't inform the Giants or the league that he indeed had this condition.


So? If the doctor pescribes it, regardless of reason, its legal.
_________________


^Joe_is_the_best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titwio


Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 6256
Location: Bronx NY *Sio Moore mofo's
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
titwio wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
Gmen wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
I just don't understand why a player is suspended for using a drug for a real life health issue that was prescribed and attained legally....

Sash could be lying.


Lying about what? Why he took it? Its still legal to use with a perscription so why he took it is rather unimportant.

Edit:If you mean lying about taking Aderall while actually being busted for something else, yeah that could be the case


It's not out of the question for some athletes to get help from their doctors to get prescriptions. If Sash felt he could walk the line using Adderall to help his career then the doctor prescribing him the drug could have just been his alibi to say it was actually used for a condition and not enhancing...and of course the doctor would be lying for him.

Not saying Sash did this of course I'm just saying it could be the possibility that the league thought of this while upholding his suspension... being that Sash didn't inform the Giants or the league that he indeed had this condition.


So? If the doctor pescribes it, regardless of reason, its legal.


Yes it's legal technically but it doesn't mean he's not lying which is my point.

Athletes pay doctors all the time to obtain prescriptions and Adderall is indeed an amphetamine much like the street drug known as speed. It's not out of the question for an athlete to lie about a condition to the NFL even though technically it was obtained legally.

The fact that he didn't inform the league or the Giants beforehand about any condition is what makes it seem sketchy in all likelihood to the league and may be a reason they denied his appeal.
_________________
44 and 21 Once a Giant, always a Giant
bRONX bRIXX
2013 Welcome's you to the "David Wilson Show".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xfaxtor


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 13744
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titwio wrote:
[
Yes it's legal technically but it doesn't mean he's not lying which is my point.


I dont think I get what your point is. He didnt get suspended for suspicion of lying.
_________________


^Joe_is_the_best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titwio


Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 6256
Location: Bronx NY *Sio Moore mofo's
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
titwio wrote:

Yes it's legal technically but it doesn't mean he's not lying which is my point.


I dont think I get what your point is. He didnt get suspended for suspicion of lying.


No it's more to do with the appeal. Andre Brown had the same case with Adderall and appealed it and his suspension was lifted...mostly because he's been on Adderall since he's been in the league.

Sash just recently started using the drug and because he didn't inform the league or his team is why the league didn't lift his suspension. The fact that he kept it hidden was one of the reasons the league felt it was fishy enough to uphold the suspension. Meaning they find it suspicious enough to think he was using it for performance enhancing.
_________________
44 and 21 Once a Giant, always a Giant
bRONX bRIXX
2013 Welcome's you to the "David Wilson Show".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dkebones


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 3709
Location: Giants fan in the Seahawk's backyard...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titwio wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
titwio wrote:

Yes it's legal technically but it doesn't mean he's not lying which is my point.


I dont think I get what your point is. He didnt get suspended for suspicion of lying.


No it's more to do with the appeal. Andre Brown had the same case with Adderall and appealed it and his suspension was lifted...mostly because he's been on Adderall since he's been in the league.

Sash just recently started using the drug and because he didn't inform the league or his team is why the league didn't lift his suspension. The fact that he kept it hidden was one of the reasons the league felt it was fishy enough to uphold the suspension. Meaning they find it suspicious enough to think he was using it for performance enhancing.


seems to me that there is some head-on collision 'ish brewing among what needs to be disclosed via the CBA and federal HIPAA guidelines. not an expert, but I'm pretty sure CBAs don't trump federal law on the requirements of disclosing health issues to your employer.
_________________
“I feel sorry for people who don’t drink. They wake up in the morning and that’s the best they’re going to feel all day.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigbluefan80


Joined: 13 Apr 2008
Posts: 2062
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its pretty amazing how every year we start the preseason off by losing a player for the season (TT), lose guys to injury (Nicks) or suspension (Sash) and lets not forget a contract dispute soon to come. Gotta love it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xfaxtor


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 13744
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titwio wrote:

Athletes pay doctors all the time to obtain prescriptions and Adderall is indeed an amphetamine much like the street drug known as speed. It's not out of the question for an athlete to lie about a condition to the NFL even though technically it was obtained legally.

The fact that he didn't inform the league or the Giants beforehand about any condition is what makes it seem sketchy in all likelihood to the league and may be a reason they denied his appeal.


Again, using it as a "performance enhancer" is completely legal
_________________


^Joe_is_the_best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group