Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Plaxico Burress wants to be a Panther
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panthers #1 Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Plaxico Burress wants to be a Panther Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8076883/plaxico-burress-wants-play-carolina-panthers-2012

What do you guys think. I say we are good at the wide reciever position, but wanted to see what everyone else thought. I just don' really know where he would fit in with our recieving core without taking touches away from our young guys.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really see the point

PSN id - Kemikalmbalinsce
Peppers90

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he comes cheap enough. I'd make the move. I'd rather have Burress than Shockey.

Burress is still an A+ redzone threat.

PSN: bDoDDleS | Twitter @bDoDDleS
Panthers #1 Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is still a great red zone threat. I agree that if he comes cheap enough and know his role as no better thatn the #3 recieving option behind smitty and olsen, then it might not be a bad pickup. Maybe he could even mentor the young guys. Then again Jerry Richardson doesn't like trouble, but I feel like he served his time without complainng so it should be done with.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass. He does nothing for us that we don't already have with the players on our team.

Edit: He could potentially be the red zone threat we have needed, but I don't think he's more than that to us.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass, i had rather see the players we have now get on the field come Sundays.

2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly 164 tackles, 2 Int, 1 sack, 11 TFLs, 8 PD and 3 Fumble recoveries
Luke Kuechly - 2013 Defensive Player of the Year
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, I don't see the point of bringing him in.

Can he be an elite redzone threat? Sure. But with Williams, Stewart, Cam, and Tolbert we really don't need another redzone threat. Olsen and Gettis can be big targets in the endzone, but we will more than likely just pound it in.

^^Peppers90^^
tbrown2699

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FriendlyEnemy wrote:

Can he be an elite redzone threat? Sure. But with Williams, Stewart, Cam, and Tolbert we really don't need another redzone threat. Olsen and Gettis can be big targets in the endzone, but we will more than likely just pound it in.

Don't see the point? Plax is a huge target and a proven veteran with a ring. The Panthers have no proven option outside of Smitty. The Panthers have a ton of potential at WR, but nothing they can hang their hat on. I would welcome Plax here in Carolina. He amassed 8 TD's last season playing with a below average QB. I doubt it will happen, but I would understand why they could make this decision.
boondock

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbrown2699 wrote:
FriendlyEnemy wrote:

Don't see the point? Plax is a huge target and a proven veteran with a ring. The Panthers have no proven option outside of Smitty. The Panthers have a ton of potential at WR, but nothing they can hang their hat on. I would welcome Plax here in Carolina. He amassed 8 TD's last season playing with a below average QB. I doubt it will happen, but I would understand why they could make this decision.

Our offense was top 5 in the league last year, how much better would we truly be able to get with Burress? We have a lot of young talent on the team and Burress would hinder their development. He's 34, we are not seeing the SB this year, it does not make sense for us.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:
FriendlyEnemy wrote:

Our offense was top 5 in the league last year, how much better would we truly be able to get with Burress? We have a lot of young talent on the team and Burress would hinder their development. He's 34, we are not seeing the SB this year, it does not make sense for us.

Hey!

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Dingo18287

Most Valuable Poster

Location: With Jerry, Elaine, George, and Kramer at the Coffee Shop.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers officials are shooting it down as not happening.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dingo18287 wrote:

Probably means it will happen
boondock

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthersin12 wrote:
Dingo18287 wrote:

Probably means it will happen

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8080623/carolina-panthers-not-interested-plaxico-burress-report-says

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/06/20/3331738/panthers-wont-call-burress.html

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbrown2699 wrote:
FriendlyEnemy wrote:

He also helped the Jets take the next step after making it to the AFCCG twice.
tbrown2699

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moody wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:
FriendlyEnemy wrote:

He also helped the Jets take the next step after making it to the AFCCG twice.

Yep, that was all Plax...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: