Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Under the radar guy to look out for in TC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bkb77

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Under the radar guy to look out for in TC Reply with quote

Here's a list of some guys who I will be keeping a close eye on at Training Camp. I've listed the Top Rookies & then a list of under the radar guys that I will be keeping an eye on.

More Known Rookies
Fletcher Cox 6'4 298 21 DT
He's the Top pick of the team, freak athlete for his size. He should step in right away and help this team in the passing game, with pass-rush up the middle and even from the edge on the left side at time. All indications are he looks good & will make an impact right away but you never know til he gets in camp and goes up against veterans fighting for their jobs pushing him. I except him to come in and play a good amount of snaps as a rookie.

Mychal Kendrick 5'11 239 21 SLB
He's penciled in as the Starting SLB right now. From all indications he's looked very good in spring practice and should play a big part right away in this defense. From what we all saw from him at Cal he looks like the real deal, but how will he fair as an undersized LB in the NFL? Only time will tell but I think we got a good one here.

Vinny Curry 6'3 266 24 DE
For a 2nd round pick with his talent and personality it seem like he's seem flying under the radar lately not geting much chat about. I think he's gonna have a better year then 1st Rounder Fletcher Cox as a Rookie. I expect him to add immediate impact as a situation pass rusher. I expect to see him put up 7sacks as a rookie in jim washburns Wide-9 Defense. If you go up to TC i'd def keep an eye out on him working with Wash.

Brandon Boykin 5'9 185 22 CB\KR
Here's a guy who I loved coming out of Georgia. I was shocked that he fell to the 4th round,infact I was calling for us to take him in the 3rd. he's a smaller guy but plays alot bigger than his size. Great athlete, infact was a HS Slam-Dunk Champ(if you haven't seen the video, you should check it out on youtube) but he's not a finesse guy, he's a hard working,hard nose player with a blue collar style that will really be liked in philly. I'd compared him to sheldon Brown type but with Lito's athletic ability. I expect him to be the opening day KR and challenge Joseilo Hanson for being the team's Nickel Corner. I will be keeping a close eye on his progress thur out the Pre-Season & camp.

Under the Radar Guys
Bryce Brown 6'0 223 21 RB(KSU)
He's a guy who's got the talent to be an NFL RB. He's got ideal size at 6'0 over 220 with 4.4 speed. He was the top HS Recruitt coming out,rated higher than Trent Richardson. He had a nice Freshman Year at Tennessee but then transfer to KSU and never got it going over there. He seem like he's starting to get it together, I'm pullin for him to earn the back-up RB position.

Brandon Washington 6'3 320 23 G(Miami)
Here's a guy that I'm a big fan of. Now he is a Miami guy & I'm a Hurricane fan, so have seen quite a bit of him play. He's a very good athlete for him size. He's a massive guy at a legit 320lbs. But he's very light on his feet, can Trap,Pull and get to the 2nd level which are all important to do in Mudd's System. I think he will turn heads in camp and will be a very pleasant surprise, should be the 1st back-up at guard in anyone goes down. I fact I wouldn't be shocked if next year he's pushing Danny Watkins for that RG spot.

Chase Ford 6'6 248 22 TE(Miami)
Yes another Cane. He's got the ability to be a quality TE in this league but is still very raw. He's got the size and Athletic ability at 6'6 with a 37 inch vertical and 4.7 speed. He's not that great of a blocker and didn't put up much production in college. Could he be the next Jimmy Graham? I doubt it but I wouldn't be shocked if he made the roster and got some playing time as a rookie.

Chris Polk 5'11 222 22 RB(Washington)
He's the other Rookie RB. Was supose to be a late 2nd\mid 3rd rounf pick but went undrafted due to shoulder injury and attitude concerns. He has great hands,can catch the ball very well and run in between the tackles. Wouldn't be shocked if he make the roster as the 3rd RB.

Damaris Johnson 5'8 170 22 WR\KR\PR
Interesting guy. Is the NCAA All-time leader in overall yards. Was kicked off the Tulsa team before his senior year due to a retail theif scandal. He's got legit 4.4\4.3 speed, is a real good returner and is very elusive. I think he's got a legit shot of making this teams the the last WR\KR and PR.

Tiger Jones 5'11 184 30 WR
He's a local star, playing for th soul and being the MVP of Arena Football. He had over 200yards and 47tds in the AFL. Will that translate to the NFL? Probably not but he's got some talent, who knows maybe he'll be able to crack this roster as the 6th WR.

Monte Taylor 6'5 266 23 DE
He's a very interesting guy. Was a 2011 UDFA and was on Seattle's Practice Squad. He's got ideal size at 6'5 266 and is suppose to be a great athlete. On the Eagles site it says he was a HS Track star out in LA in the Long Jump,Triple Jump and 400meter. It could hurt to have a guy with that talent in camp working with Jim Washburn. I will keep a close eye on him in camp and in Pre-Season, who know maybe he'll develope into something.

Brandon Hughes 5'11 185 26 CB
Here's a guy that I've been a big fan of the past couple years, Thought that he has some real nice potenial as a CB and Nickel Corner. He's a very good special teamer but he's gonna have to show some more progression at his position or else he'll be looking for a Job come spetember.

Trevard Lindley 6'0 183 26 CB
This guy was here as a rookie and looked good(specialy that game at SF in 2010 when he had to start). He fell victim to the numbers game last year and played more than 7 games as a rookie so was not eligable for the practice squad. He's back to prove he belongs, he'll be going at it with Hughes for that last CB spot.

Keenan Clayton 6'1 229 25 WLB
Here's another guy who's been on the roster for a couple years and hasn't done much. He's got the athletic ability but hasn't put up any production, he'll be fighting for a roster spot, Def someone to look out for and see if he'll sink or swim.

Emil Igwenagu 6'2 245 23 TE\FB\HB
UDFA out of UMass. He's a do it all guy without a true position, He's an HB half FB\Half TE. Catches the ball well and is a decent blocker. He'll be in a fight with Stanley Havili & Clay Harbor for that FB\TE Spot.

Ronald Johnson 5'10 185 24 WR
Was a fan of his at USC a few years back, was on our Practice squad last year. He'll be in the Mix for the last WR spot. He's got good speed and hand, will play special teams, who knows maybe he'll stand out in camp as a slot receiver.

Cliff Harris 5'11 180 21 CB
Heres a guy with all of the talent and none of the brains. Was a top prospect coming into 2011, coming off a year at Oregon where he had like 5ints,17pb,2td & another 3PR\KR TD's. Then got arrest for pot aswell as driving 120 on a suspended license. Looks like a Practice squad guy right now.

Phillip Thomas 5'11 198 21 FS(Syracuse)
Little undersized, but is a natural FS can cover and hit and has a little ball skills aswell with 5int's last year. He should make it interesting with OJ Atogwe for that last saftey spot.

DJ Jones 6'5 310 24 OT
Don't know much about him.Was claimed off waivers from Baltimore, he was on The Ravens & Dolphin practice squad last year. he's got good size will look out for him during the pre-season games, should geta a good shot at that final Tackle\O-Line Spot.

Thomas Welch 6'6 305 25 OT
Like Jones, don't know much about him. Know he played in 5games for Rams last year and 3 for Patriots. He's a boarder line roster guy, should have a good shot at making the roster as the lat Tackle.

Props to Kiltman on the Sig
jonu62882

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Ollie Ogbu of Stratfordshire
ianlewis16

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonu62882 wrote:

don't even get me started on Stratfordshire

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ianlewis16 wrote:
jonu62882 wrote:

Bunch of chavs live there, I imagine.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Al Davis is died
TCole58

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to see Damarus Johnson have a good camp.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
ianlewis16 wrote:
jonu62882 wrote:

Bunch of chavs live there, I imagine.

you have no idea. damn caps on frontways and everything

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
willy_law

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brent Brackett of PSU

TomRalph wrote:
Eli Manning is the devil.

2014 Draft Wish list - D.Coleman, T.Murphy, J. Verrett, L. Joyner
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:
Brent Brackett of PSU

Useless

He's like Riley Cooper except a lot worse.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keenan Clayton is actually up to 236 lbs

not sure if you want to change that in the OP
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think out of your under-the-radar guys, Brown, Johnson and Harris make the roster.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Washington, Johnson and Lindley.

Washington just has the skills to play.
A move to guard makes him a marginal NFL player for now.
He could be even better.

Johnson is that electric hit-or-miss player.
I'll play the optimist this time and give him a rose.

Lindley played well and then not so well.
Just dancin' with him who brung me.
But, I do think he has a shot.
Blahman88

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chad Hall......

Knows how to evade radar, been in the Navy and is too small for radar to detect him.

RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TCole58 wrote:
Would love to see Damarus Johnson have a good camp.

Would like if everyone had a great camp and we had to cut some damn good players.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: