Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stan Havili~
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a nice long post written up yesterday and with the internet issues we had at work I lost it. Here's an abridged version:

Havili seems like a nice concept to have a fullback that can be yet another weapon in the Eagles offense but to be honest he MIGHT get 20 catches all year. The Eagles have had a laundry list of people play the FB position from Owen Schmitt and Leonard Weaver to Dan Klecko (a DT) and Jason Smith. The only job of a fullback is to block, pass catching is a very non-important part of a FBs game. Havili was drafted in the 7th with a great amount of offensive talent but he severely lacked in the area of blocking. He literally has 0 competition for the FB job this year so i'm hoping with the 25 pounds he put on and the time he spent on the practice squad all of last year that he worked on his blocking day in and day out or he very well might end up the way of Tony Hunt and be gone next year.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
I was riding the Vontaze Burfict bandwagon........Sad to say...He is with the Bengals now.

As the captain of the bandwagon I can't wait to see how he does with the bengals, I think he's gonna surprise some people and make some plays in camp and turn some heads.

Props to Kiltman on the Sig
mm6492

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Withmy89vision wrote:
mm6492 wrote:
Withmy89vision wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
In the event that Havili somehow does play very well for us, which is possible, I just want to point out that I was driving his bandwagon since his days at USC. Check the 2011 draft thread for proof.

And in the event that he flops as an NFL FB, then feel free to let me hear it.

ArrowFF Eagles Forum Official Stanley Havili Draft Thread, (from April 2011)

Bednarik60 wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Havili! One of my favorites from SC. Nice!

first dude i thought of , for real instantly thought of you! Happy for this pick!!!

Eagles_808 wrote:
Love it! Yeah, I really think we're going to find a spot for him on the team. He could be an exciting 5th or 6th offensive option for our team.

Eagles_808 wrote:
philyeagles3 wrote:
Would a fair comparison be the Chargers FB/HB, the name escapes me..and im too lazy to look it up haha.

If you're thinking of Jacob Hester from LSU, not even close. Think more along the lines of (as B60 may or may not have alluded to) a Brian Leonard from Rutgers (theoretically), only a little faster with a bit better hands, but offering much less in the blocking department. Havili is his own type of FB, perfect fit for the west coastish offense we run, if you can find particular packages for him. But again, his ability to willingly learn to block, will determine his fate as far as the Eagles' 53-man game day look is concerned.

Well I will use this time to say I was never a fan of Havili, too much of a tweener and not in a good mismatch kind of a way. More of a nowhere to put him kind of guy.

Also, I was on the McNutt bandwagon well before we drafted him. That is my guy that I have been riding his bandwagon hard for the last 9 months. Too lazy to look up posts, but I do have plenty of mock drafts I made where we take him.

http://64.130.62.180/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=13561497
http://64.130.62.195/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=13190032
http://216.92.118.141/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=12933257

Wow damn how did you find all those? Thank you. Seems like I had Kendricks in all these too.
Searched your name and his name together on google Laughing Took like 30 seconds.

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read somewhere it doesn't look like Havili gained 25 pounds. But it might be he just carries it well.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
rememberthevet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In another thread, a member was talking about how we motion shady out to the slot and how it can throw defenses off or cause them to adjust assignments to prevent mismatches. With Havili in the playing fullback in the I-formation, we can add so many wrinkles to that:

1. Celek stays blocking, Havili runs a route
2. We hand the ball off to Havili in normal fashion, but the defense has keyed on McCoy and the potential mismatches he presents from the slot.
3. We run a screen to Havili with the defense adjusted for Shady's slot position.
4. We run a draw with Havili, having a similar "catch you off guard" effect on the defense as the screen
5. Shovel pass to Havili

These are just examples of plays that can be called for an athletic, playmaking fullback. If he can block, his playmaking ability will be a major asset and may help us catch defenses off guard because we have so many other players they need to worry about. I think this might also help us out in the red-zone, where we need to get creative due to the size of our WRs.

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine if Leonard Weaver never got hurt Shocked

How destructive our offense could have been.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: ! Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Imagine if Leonard Weaver never got hurt Shocked

How destructive our offense could have been.
agree and not to mention he had a lot of pull with young players, he could of been a leader for us, really solid dude. I loved how Andy used him, he was our "Shut up Juice", any time Andy needed to shut the opposing defenses up, he just put Weaver in for a few plays and some one would end up in pain. Sickest built, that was a grown man running the ball, with a stiff arm that made the toughest dudes look like a lil kid. He was more a power running back/fullback hybrid, where as Stan is more a pass catching tight end/fullback hybrid .

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe I didn't already know this, but on an interview clip from camp, I ascertained the knowledge that Havili is cousins with the one and only Reno Mahe. Not a coincidence here folks.
willy_law

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
I can't believe I didn't already know this, but on an interview clip from camp, I ascertained the knowledge that Havili is cousins with the one and only Reno Mahe. Not a coincidence here folks.

Championship.
oland11

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did we start talking on this thread again -_-
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
Why did we start talking on this thread again -_-

Eagles_808 wrote:

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: