Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fantasy outlook for Manning, Decker, Thomas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McGahee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Fantasy outlook for Manning, Decker, Thomas Reply with quote

Hey guys I'm looking for a fantasy outlook for Peyton Manning, Eric Decker, and Demaryius Thomas.

Which of the WRs is the go-to for Peyton and will put up better numbers?

Also how is Peyton looking, is he going to put up top-5 fantasy QB numbers? Should I get another top level QB if I pick up Manning?

Thanks
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He looks good throwing to Stokely and Tamme.
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most websites have all these guys ranked pretty solidly. Peyton is ranked #9 on ESPN and probably won't put up top 5 numbers as we'll probably run more than you might expect. As for Decker and Thomas, Decker is more likely to be the more consistent target and therefore fantasy performer. While Thomas may have large "boom" games, he could disappear from some, or get dinged up at some point during the season.

I would draft Decker over Thomas and leave Thomas for a backup spot on my team. However, someone in your league will draft him for a starter.

A question from me because I haven't seen any preseason games:

Who is going to be our go-to tight end? Tamme? Dresson? Who looks good and in sync with Peyton?
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering the same thing Pack about Dressen and Tamme. I would think Tamme because of the History and all but who knows.

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
Mr.MileHigh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
Most websites have all these guys ranked pretty solidly. Peyton is ranked #9 on ESPN and probably won't put up top 5 numbers as we'll probably run more than you might expect. As for Decker and Thomas, Decker is more likely to be the more consistent target and therefore fantasy performer. While Thomas may have large "boom" games, he could disappear from some, or get dinged up at some point during the season.

I would draft Decker over Thomas and leave Thomas for a backup spot on my team. However, someone in your league will draft him for a starter.

A question from me because I haven't seen any preseason games:

Who is going to be our go-to tight end? Tamme? Dresson? Who looks good and in sync with Peyton?

Yeah but you don't want 10 Broncos on your team lol. Maybe 3 at the Most but not try to draft everyone

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

managed to get all three Smile with calvin johnson and also cutler and marshall! going to beast out this year
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRebar913 wrote:
managed to get all three Smile with calvin johnson and also cutler and marshall! going to beast out this year

Except for week 7 Cool

Btw, even though I have DT in a keeper league of mine, in all of the mocks I have done thus far, I chose Decker. Why? PackAtBroncos07 is spot on.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer your questions:
#1 - Decker, I have no doubt that Peyton will go to Decker more than DT. Seems like PM and Decker already have a pretty solid relationship.
#2 - If you get Peyton I wouldn't worry about another top flight QB. He will not put up as good of numbers as Rodgers, Brady, or Brees but I think he is much less of an injury risk than Vick or Newton. I think he is somewhere around the 6th best fantasy QB this season

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decker will be the primary receiver in this offense. He will see most of the targets mainly because he will mostly be lined up to Mannings strong (left) side.

Thomas will be the big play receiver and one that probably takes most of the targets in the red area. I wouldnt be surprised if Thomas ended with more TD's and less yards.

Overall, Id predict that Decker and Thomas finish around the exact same totals in fantasy. I think they will both definitely be top-50 too. Everyone and anyone who knows fantasy knows that you play your players based on matchups. I would take Decker in the beginning of the year (a good rapport with Manning while the offense begins to click) and Thomas at the end of the year.

My sleeper in this whole thing is Joel Dreessen. IMO he will become the primary TE for Denver this season. I dont have much faith in Tamme so thats where my thoughts are from. Julius Thomas may need at least one more year before he enters the rotation as a TE, unless of course because of injury.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching today's game, couple things for this thread:

Joel Dreessen and Tamme will probably see a lot of time this season. Not sure which is better for Fantasy. Probably Dreessen. But Tamme has some ability and will get his chances.

Biggest thing though, Hello Eric Decker. Dudes going to have a load of multi-touchdown games this season. A couple hat tricks isn't out of the question. He's going to have a very similar season to Jordy Nelson last season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: