Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Denver Broncos Training Camp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Do you guys also have gotten the impression that the league somehow is speaking higher of Ayers than we do?

I don't have specific links since this feeling has manifested itself over a couple of months, but Robert just really seems to have improved his status as a valid DE.

Last year, he played at his natural position for the first time since entering the NFL and although not having displayed any notable pass rush ability yet, his run stopping is more than solid. At least that's what analysts seem to think...

What's your opinion on this? Might Ayers actually improve even more this year?

I don't think Ayers will ever be a dominant player, but it does help that he's finally playing his natural position, LDE. I think he's going to be a valuable member of the DL rotation for as long as he's in Denver.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
Do you guys also have gotten the impression that the league somehow is speaking higher of Ayers than we do?

I don't have specific links since this feeling has manifested itself over a couple of months, but Robert just really seems to have improved his status as a valid DE.

Last year, he played at his natural position for the first time since entering the NFL and although not having displayed any notable pass rush ability yet, his run stopping is more than solid. At least that's what analysts seem to think...

I don't think Ayers will ever be a dominant player, but it does help that he's finally playing his natural position, LDE. I think he's going to be a valuable member of the DL rotation for as long as he's in Denver.

I agree. He's not gonna put up 15+ sacks. He can definitely be a 8 sack guy in the right atmosphere though. He's a good player, he gets a lot of flack for being a McDaniels guy from some, though. Not necessarily people around here, but it happens.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Donut

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

I agree. He's not gonna put up 15+ sacks. He can definitely be a 8 sack guy in the right atmosphere though. He's a good player, he gets a lot of flack for being a McDaniels guy from some, though. Not necessarily people around here, but it happens.

It also doesnt help his best trait isnt flashy one. People want to see the awesome pass rushers that hit the QB and they overrate those guys. Ayers is stout versus the run but not a flashy enough passrusher. He's a good player.
Mr.MileHigh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So there are a few undrafted rookies I'm looking forward to seeing and that's Steven Johnson and Gerrell Robinson they are both good just want to see if they can make the roster Blatnik too is pretty good but with DJ out for 6 games or whatever Johnson has the best chance to make the team

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be tweeting live from Training Camp on the days that I go (probably close to every other day) so, if you're interested, shoot me a PM and I will give you my Twitter handle.

AKRNA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good take on our safety situation by the DP.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21148222/denver-broncos-probably-have-all-safeties-they-want
Mr.MileHigh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="AKRNA"]Pretty good take on our safety situation by the DP.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21148222/denver-broncos-probably-have-all-safeties-they-want[/quote]

I thought about these guys like Aubrayo Franklin and Leonhard but we aren't signing them for a reason. Why don't you think Thomas isnt here yet the guy wants more momey than he is worth and all 32 teams know it

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncos cut Eric Page and Coryell Judie man I thought page would have made it

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.MileHigh wrote:

I thought he had a chance too but he tore his ACL and was probably cut because of that. If he makes a full recovery we could always invite him to camp next year.

Mike Klis wrote:
Page, who had a chance of making the team as a returner, suffered a torn ACL in his knee prior to arriving at training camp.

Mr.MileHigh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen that and Judie got cut because he had a disc problem in his back

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Mr.MileHigh wrote:

I thought he had a chance too but he tore his ACL and was probably cut because of that. If he makes a full recovery we could always invite him to camp next year.

Mike Klis wrote:
Page, who had a chance of making the team as a returner, suffered a torn ACL in his knee prior to arriving at training camp.

We are going to have to find a guy who can return both kicks and punts before the season starts. With as much as we are going to be passing and our lack of talent/depth at the WR position, I don't think there is anyway we can afford to have Decker returning punts.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
elliot878

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Media-BBQ-Fox/8157b412-09ef-4101-a486-8dd75e20e8fd

Kuper passed his physical according to Fox in this interview. Fox says they'll watch his reps early in camp so as not to bring him along too quickly and make sure that ankle/foot is fully healed.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Media-BBQ-Fox/8157b412-09ef-4101-a486-8dd75e20e8fd

Kuper passed his physical according to Fox in this interview. Fox says they'll watch his reps early in camp so as not to bring him along too quickly and make sure that ankle/foot is fully healed.

I heard he was going to be limited the whole TC until they deem him completely healthy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.MileHigh wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

I heard he was going to be limited the whole TC until they deem him completely healthy

makes sense. better safe than sorry is the approach they should take. its a long season, we need him for all of it, no sense getting hurt in training camp.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like another year without a dynamic return man then Confused

MUFC OK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 3 of 20

Jump to: