Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Denver Broncos Training Camp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AnAngryAmerican


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 18547
Location: Loveland, CO
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToastedOats wrote:
3) Knowshon - Can catch, block, and when he runs hard he makes one cut and gets up the field.

No he doesn't, he dances in the backfield because he has no vision or natural instincts as a runner.

Barry Sanders could turn a 5 yard loss into an 80 yard gain, Knowshon turns a 5 yard gain into a 2 yard loss.
_________________
big_palooka:

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ToastedOats


Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 3000
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
ToastedOats wrote:
3) Knowshon - Can catch, block, and when he runs hard he makes one cut and gets up the field.

No he doesn't, he dances in the backfield because he has no vision or natural instincts as a runner.

Barry Sanders could turn a 5 yard loss into an 80 yard gain, Knowshon turns a 5 yard gain into a 2 yard loss.


AAA,

He is not a Barry Sanders runner, never has been, never will be. When he is healthy and running confidently he does hit the hole and turns a 2 yard gain into a 5 yard gain. The only problem is he is constantly hurt and has little confidence. I am referring to the K.C. games. Go back and watch his confidence grow when he makes one cut and gets up the field.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jsthomp2007


Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 7379
Location: USA
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToastedOats wrote:
Jason Hunter is done for the year after tearing his triceps. Well it's down to Ayers or Wolfe....

As for the RB debate
1) Willis - Runs hard, with great vision, and outstanding balance.
2) Xavier Omon - One cut, get up the field, always finishes going forward.
3) Knowshon - Can catch, block, and when he runs hard he makes one cut and gets up the field.
4) Hillman - by default
5) Ball - He will get you 3 to 4 yards a carry, not flashy, but consistent
6) Johnson - I expect more from this cat, He has talent, but is unremarkable in any aspect of the game.



Johnson is a cat? That could be tough to defend. But how does he carry the ball? Cats lack the opposable thumbs needed to hold a football.
_________________
Ninja stealth muggers in the Bellagio has left me in a state of congitive disonance...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AntiSuperstar


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 4444
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToastedOats wrote:
AAA,

He is not a Barry Sanders runner, never has been, never will be. When he is healthy and running confidently he does hit the hole and turns a 2 yard gain into a 5 yard gain. The only problem is he is constantly hurt and has little confidence. I am referring to the K.C. games. Go back and watch his confidence grow when he makes one cut and gets up the field.


Knowshon Moreno has very bad tendencies that are always going to creep up regardless of whether he's feeling "confident" or not.

jsthomp2007 wrote:
Johnson is a cat? That could be tough to defend. But how does he carry the ball? Cats lack the opposable thumbs needed to hold a football.


Lol
_________________
Stop slobbering over Brian Dawkins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ToastedOats


Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 3000
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
ToastedOats wrote:
Jason Hunter is done for the year after tearing his triceps. Well it's down to Ayers or Wolfe....

As for the RB debate
1) Willis - Runs hard, with great vision, and outstanding balance.
2) Xavier Omon - One cut, get up the field, always finishes going forward.
3) Knowshon - Can catch, block, and when he runs hard he makes one cut and gets up the field.
4) Hillman - by default
5) Ball - He will get you 3 to 4 yards a carry, not flashy, but consistent
6) Johnson - I expect more from this cat, He has talent, but is unremarkable in any aspect of the game.



Johnson is a cat? That could be tough to defend. But how does he carry the ball? Cats lack the opposable thumbs needed to hold a football.


Funny, funny, funny!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AnAngryAmerican


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 18547
Location: Loveland, CO
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToastedOats wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
ToastedOats wrote:
3) Knowshon - Can catch, block, and when he runs hard he makes one cut and gets up the field.

No he doesn't, he dances in the backfield because he has no vision or natural instincts as a runner.

Barry Sanders could turn a 5 yard loss into an 80 yard gain, Knowshon turns a 5 yard gain into a 2 yard loss.


AAA,

He is not a Barry Sanders runner, never has been, never will be. When he is healthy and running confidently he does hit the hole and turns a 2 yard gain into a 5 yard gain. The only problem is he is constantly hurt and has little confidence. I am referring to the K.C. games. Go back and watch his confidence grow when he makes one cut and gets up the field.

The point I was trying (and failed) to make is that if you're going to be a RB who dances around in the backfield you better damn well have Sanders-like skills. Moreno doesn't, obviously, and thus he needs to learn how to hit the hole hard and get up field rather than constantly dancing around in the backfield.
_________________
big_palooka:

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Mr.MileHigh


Joined: 18 Apr 2012
Posts: 188
Location: Santa Clara CA
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are my thoughts: Nate Irving is doing way better than last year. I'm stoked about that now to get Mays out and maybe even Trevathan can eventually take DJs spot! Wolfe is gonna end up being a DE so much for that DT help.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChaRisMa


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 7256
Location: @_G_Tom
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need a GM for a Sept GM mock draft for Denver still. Draft only. Check the forum. Sorry to bother.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
broncospride95


Joined: 04 Feb 2010
Posts: 2335
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.MileHigh wrote:
Here are my thoughts: Nate Irving is doing way better than last year. I'm stoked about that now to get Mays out and maybe even Trevathan can eventually take DJs spot! Wolfe is gonna end up being a DE so much for that DT help.

I disagree, I think Wolfe will start out playing DE at first and maybe slide in at DT on obvious passing plays, but eventually he'll be a full time DT.
_________________

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr.MileHigh


Joined: 18 Apr 2012
Posts: 188
Location: Santa Clara CA
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncospride95 wrote:
Mr.MileHigh wrote:
Here are my thoughts: Nate Irving is doing way better than last year. I'm stoked about that now to get Mays out and maybe even Trevathan can eventually take DJs spot! Wolfe is gonna end up being a DE so much for that DT help.

I disagree, I think Wolfe will start out playing DE at first and maybe slide in at DT on obvious passing plays, but eventually he'll be a full time DT.


I hope that's the case not saying I want it to happen. Lol
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr.MileHigh


Joined: 18 Apr 2012
Posts: 188
Location: Santa Clara CA
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Clayton said on twitter that he thinks Hanie could be cut and Broncos might look for a more experienced Back up. ( I don't have the link maybe someone can post it but yeah) I agree Hanie hasn't showed much would rather have Colt or Matt Moore maybe Idk just speculations.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BroncoinGermany


Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 2494
Location: Bad Nauheim
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Kiszla: Broncos can fix dents in their defense with 3-4 alignment:

http://bit.ly/NWxJUc

He seems to have a point but would this move be really feasible at this point? Right now, I would even say that our LB corps is more of a weakness than our DL corps. A 4-3 would put more capable players in at once, whereas as 3-4 would mask some of our personel problems at the LB position. Yet to have 4 LBs in the game on a constant basis requires more depth at this position. Also, Mays, Brooking, Mohamed and Irving aren't exactly the body types for a 3-4 MLB.

4-3:

Wolfe-Warren-Bannan-Dumervil
Miller-Mays-Woodyard

3-4:

Wolfe-Warren-Bannan
Miller-Mays-Brooking-Dumervil
_________________

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best


Last edited by BroncoinGermany on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr.MileHigh


Joined: 18 Apr 2012
Posts: 188
Location: Santa Clara CA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Mark Kiszla: Broncos can fix dents in their defense with 3-4 alignment:

http://bit.ly/NWxJUc

He seems to have a point but would this move be really feasible at this point? Right now, I would even say that our LB corps is more of a weakness than our DL corps. A 4-3 would put more capable players in at once, whereas as 3-4 would mask some of our personel problems at the LB position. Yet to have 4 LBs in the game on the constant basis requires more depth at this position. Also, Mays, Brooking, Mohamed and Irving aren't exactly the body types for a 3-4.


I just read this. It's Too late now and I don't think our LBs are deep enough for that
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AntiSuperstar


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 4444
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Mark Kiszla: Broncos can fix dents in their defense with 3-4 alignment:

http://bit.ly/NWxJUc


Lol.
_________________
Stop slobbering over Brian Dawkins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lomaxgr


Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 21213
Location: Manchester, England
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teams always run well on us when we are in our Nickel defense, so a 3-4/4-3 wouldn't matter anyway. And you don't just switch the alignment of your Defense with 2 preseason games left to play.
_________________


MUFC OK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group