Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Denver Broncos Training Camp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mr.MileHigh


Joined: 18 Apr 2012
Posts: 188
Location: Santa Clara CA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that Kuper is out 4-6 weeks... we need to sign or trade for some O-line help.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BroncoinGermany


Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 2276
Location: Deutschland
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot Shocked
_________________

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
by Joe_is_the_best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paul-mac


Joined: 12 Jul 2009
Posts: 7861
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
I'd rather have Jeremiah Johnson as the #3 RB...

If were talking which backs would complement the starter, I would rank them as follows:
1. McGahee (2-down back)
2. Hillman (change of pace back)
3. Moreno/Johnson (3rd down back)
4. Ball (back-up bruiser)
Hillman is surely going to be the 3rd down back.
_________________
Big Palooka wrote:
Broncos won't make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
jsthomp2007


Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 6854
Location: USA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am beginning to think McGahee is underrated. I saw on some Fantasy Football show that he is rated as the 20th best back. They had Doug Martin ahead of him. There is no way Doug Martin is better.
_________________
Ninja stealth muggers in the Bellagio has left me in a state of congitive disonance...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8006
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
I'd rather have Jeremiah Johnson as the #3 RB...

If were talking which backs would complement the starter, I would rank them as follows:
1. McGahee (2-down back)
2. Hillman (change of pace back)
3. Moreno/Johnson (3rd down back)
4. Ball (back-up bruiser)
Hillman is surely going to be the 3rd down back.

I think Hillman can be more than that though. The way that McGahee has been injured in past years, I wouldnt be surprised to have him starting before seasons end. People are probably losing their mind while they read this but this is my honest opinion. I also dont value him as much on 3rd down. I think Johnson/Moreno are much better 3rd down backs, right now.

Thats a good question to throw out there:
WHEN McGahee gets hurt, who will be the starter? Most likely it will go to Lance Ball again, which is fine because he did pretty well there last year. This is my reason why I would carry 4 RB's. McGahee will most assuredly go down at some point this year, the amount of time is yet to be determined though. Which is why I would keep 4 RB's on the roster.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AnAngryAmerican


Moderator
Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 18239
Location: Loveland, CO
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.MileHigh wrote:
Now that Kuper is out 4-6 weeks... we need to sign or trade for some O-line help.

That's NOT good news at all. I'm guessing they'll go with Manny Ramirez at starting RG in Kuper's absence. Thank goodness it's still relatively early in the preseason and he's going to miss only 2-3 games, at most.

jsthomp2007 wrote:
I am beginning to think McGahee is underrated. I saw on some Fantasy Football show that he is rated as the 20th best back. They had Doug Martin ahead of him. There is no way Doug Martin is better.

Was it a PPR ranking? If so that makes sense, Martin has been compared to Ray Rice insofar as his ability to be a receiver out of the backfield and we all know McGahee doesn't offer much as a receiver. But if that ranking you saw was for standard scoring, those "experts" are smoking something.
_________________
big_palooka:

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
whenmidgetsatak


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 7045
Location: University of Kansas
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, can somebody tell Chris Kuper to drink some effing milk!?

Second of all, people always seem to forget that it is more important for a 3rd down RB to be a good pass blocker than a good pass receiver.
ESPECIALLY for us, with a (supposedly fragile) QB behind center, and a crappy interior OL. Just because Hillman may be faster and a better route runner with better hands than McGahee, I would still feel better with McGahee back there to protect the QB if he is indeed our best pass protector at RB. I bet Hillman isnt very good at pass pro yet.

Also, is anybody else sick and tired of hearing about how Peyton wont be able to take a huge hit? Whens the last time Peyton got hit? 2003? The dude just lays down when hes gonna get sacked. I cant even think of the last time he got hit.

ALSO, while im rambling, if somebody you know mentions how Manning isnt as good outdoors as he is indoors, please remind them that every outdoor game for him as a Colt was a road game. I bet if you looked at Brady on the road vs at home, his numbers take a dip too. I would bet being outside but at home wont affect Peyton as much as people think.

/rant
_________________
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
If I were [Peyton], I'd be on the phone with my agent BEGGING to see if Tennessee and San Fran are still interested


^This guy is our forum mod
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whenmidgetsatak


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 7045
Location: University of Kansas
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="AnAngryAmerican"]
Mr.MileHigh wrote:
Now that Kuper is out 4-6 weeks... we need to sign or trade for some O-line help.

That's NOT good news at all. I'm guessing they'll go with Manny Ramirez at starting RG in Kuper's absence. Thank goodness it's still relatively early in the preseason and he's going to miss only 2-3 games, at most.

The question is which lineup is the least awful

RG- Franklin RT- Harris/ Clark

OR

RG- Ramirez RT- Franklin


I prefer the first one for the long term, but it may not be worth it to jack Franklin around when Kuper gets back. Maybe when Kuper gets back we just slap him in at LG and keep Harris/Clark at RT if they perform?
_________________
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
If I were [Peyton], I'd be on the phone with my agent BEGGING to see if Tennessee and San Fran are still interested


^This guy is our forum mod
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncospride95


Joined: 04 Feb 2010
Posts: 2278
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
I'd rather have Jeremiah Johnson as the #3 RB...

If were talking which backs would complement the starter, I would rank them as follows:
1. McGahee (2-down back)
2. Hillman (change of pace back)
3. Moreno/Johnson (3rd down back)
4. Ball (back-up bruiser)
Hillman is surely going to be the 3rd down back.

I think Hillman can be more than that though. The way that McGahee has been injured in past years, I wouldnt be surprised to have him starting before seasons end. People are probably losing their mind while they read this but this is my honest opinion. I also dont value him as much on 3rd down. I think Johnson/Moreno are much better 3rd down backs, right now.

Thats a good question to throw out there:
WHEN McGahee gets hurt, who will be the starter? Most likely it will go to Lance Ball again, which is fine because he did pretty well there last year. This is my reason why I would carry 4 RB's. McGahee will most assuredly go down at some point this year, the amount of time is yet to be determined though. Which is why I would keep 4 RB's on the roster.

I agree. I think Hillman will be our starting RB of the future and prove everyone that thinks he's just a change of pace back because he's fast. Just because you're fast doesn't mean you're not capable of carrying the load.
_________________

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BroncoBruin


Joined: 06 Oct 2007
Posts: 11290
Location: Santa Clarita, CA, USA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whenmidgetsatak wrote:
First of all, can somebody tell Chris Kuper to drink some effing milk!?

Second of all, people always seem to forget that it is more important for a 3rd down RB to be a good pass blocker than a good pass receiver.
ESPECIALLY for us, with a (supposedly fragile) QB behind center, and a crappy interior OL. Just because Hillman may be faster and a better route runner with better hands than McGahee, I would still feel better with McGahee back there to protect the QB if he is indeed our best pass protector at RB. I bet Hillman isnt very good at pass pro yet.

Also, is anybody else sick and tired of hearing about how Peyton wont be able to take a huge hit? Whens the last time Peyton got hit? 2003? The dude just lays down when hes gonna get sacked. I cant even think of the last time he got hit.

ALSO, while im rambling, if somebody you know mentions how Manning isnt as good outdoors as he is indoors, please remind them that every outdoor game for him as a Colt was a road game. I bet if you looked at Brady on the road vs at home, his numbers take a dip too. I would bet being outside but at home wont affect Peyton as much as people think.

/rant

Playing in Denver will inflate his stats just as much as playing in a dome IMO.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8006
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncospride95 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
I'd rather have Jeremiah Johnson as the #3 RB...

If were talking which backs would complement the starter, I would rank them as follows:
1. McGahee (2-down back)
2. Hillman (change of pace back)
3. Moreno/Johnson (3rd down back)
4. Ball (back-up bruiser)
Hillman is surely going to be the 3rd down back.

I think Hillman can be more than that though. The way that McGahee has been injured in past years, I wouldnt be surprised to have him starting before seasons end. People are probably losing their mind while they read this but this is my honest opinion. I also dont value him as much on 3rd down. I think Johnson/Moreno are much better 3rd down backs, right now.

Thats a good question to throw out there:
WHEN McGahee gets hurt, who will be the starter? Most likely it will go to Lance Ball again, which is fine because he did pretty well there last year. This is my reason why I would carry 4 RB's. McGahee will most assuredly go down at some point this year, the amount of time is yet to be determined though. Which is why I would keep 4 RB's on the roster.

I agree. I think Hillman will be our starting RB of the future and prove everyone that thinks he's just a change of pace back because he's fast. Just because you're fast doesn't mean you're not capable of carrying the load.

I think itll benefit him most to be the change-of-pace back to McGahee this year though. I dont doubt he could probably carry the load at some point just right now as a rookie RB it wouldnt make more sense to back up McGahee and learn from the vet.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jonnyj20


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 10699
Location: SLC
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope our FO can be creative at solving the Oline issue.
Thinking off the top of my head we could try doing a trade with NYJ. They are very thin at WR and we are pretty deep there. Perhaps Caldwell for Ducasse?
Maybe we can unload Ayers, he is a nice starting caliber DE and we have others (Hunter, Wolfe) who can fill that position. We need a nice starting caliber OG or RT.
_________________

jonnyj20 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Really doubt Alex Smith would get KC to 2nd place.

Alex Smith + Andy Reid + better health = KC 2nd in our division.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
whenmidgetsatak


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 7045
Location: University of Kansas
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
I hope our FO can be creative at solving the Oline issue.
Thinking off the top of my head we could try doing a trade with NYJ. They are very thin at WR and we are pretty deep there. Perhaps Caldwell for Ducasse?
Maybe we can unload Ayers, he is a nice starting caliber DE and we have others (Hunter, Wolfe) who can fill that position. We need a nice starting caliber OG or RT.


I think we may be overreacting a bit about our OL. Can you name anybody from the Colts OL besides Jeff Saturday? IMO Peyton Manning will mask a lot of these issues.
_________________
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
If I were [Peyton], I'd be on the phone with my agent BEGGING to see if Tennessee and San Fran are still interested


^This guy is our forum mod
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncospride95


Joined: 04 Feb 2010
Posts: 2278
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncospride95 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
I'd rather have Jeremiah Johnson as the #3 RB...

If were talking which backs would complement the starter, I would rank them as follows:
1. McGahee (2-down back)
2. Hillman (change of pace back)
3. Moreno/Johnson (3rd down back)
4. Ball (back-up bruiser)
Hillman is surely going to be the 3rd down back.

I think Hillman can be more than that though. The way that McGahee has been injured in past years, I wouldnt be surprised to have him starting before seasons end. People are probably losing their mind while they read this but this is my honest opinion. I also dont value him as much on 3rd down. I think Johnson/Moreno are much better 3rd down backs, right now.

Thats a good question to throw out there:
WHEN McGahee gets hurt, who will be the starter? Most likely it will go to Lance Ball again, which is fine because he did pretty well there last year. This is my reason why I would carry 4 RB's. McGahee will most assuredly go down at some point this year, the amount of time is yet to be determined though. Which is why I would keep 4 RB's on the roster.

I agree. I think Hillman will be our starting RB of the future and prove everyone that thinks he's just a change of pace back because he's fast. Just because you're fast doesn't mean you're not capable of carrying the load.

I think itll benefit him most to be the change-of-pace back to McGahee this year though. I dont doubt he could probably carry the load at some point just right now as a rookie RB it wouldnt make more sense to back up McGahee and learn from the vet.

Oh I agree. I think this year he'd be better off just sitting back and learning from McGahee and spell him when McGahee needs a rest. I have high hopes for Hillman in the future.
_________________

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mke1010


Joined: 08 Mar 2008
Posts: 1686
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say it out right. I am one of those who hates the fact that Lance Ball is taking up space as one of our backs. He sucks plain and simple. He is the type of back who will give you 2.8 yards per carry. He does not get hurt, blocks ok and will give you a couple catches out of the backfield for about 4 yards per play. He is on the team because he works hard, knows the playbook and is disciplined. He will never be anything more than what he is now. I would rather have Johnson and Moreno over him. I would even prefer Omon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 17 of 20

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group