Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Denver Broncos Training Camp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.MileHigh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
I wonder how we can predict that Stokely won't make the team. Him and Tamme are the only two receivers that have any experience working with Manning. I think that actually makes them a shoe in to make the team.

I would love it if Stoke made the team.

I'm with you jst, I think Stoke makes it and barring injury is a solid contributer.

I don't think a receiver nearing 40 who has clearly been less productive as time has gone on is a "shoe-in" to make the team.

Thomas, Decker, Caldwell, Willis, Hill, Page are my actual guesses to make the team. I think the first four are safe, and Hill's deep speed may make him an asset with a QB who knows how to throw the ball. Page will likely make this team in some capacity.

I've got to disagree. I think Willis will be gone. Marginal at best WR and average at best on ST. Bolden should replace him as a gunner. Hill, eh, I don't see much there either.

personally, I'd prefer a 35 yo slot receiver (a very effective, sure handed slot receiver and a history with PM) even in decline than either 27/8 yo WR's that have never done much at all.

Stokely, in a limited role could have a definite positive impact this year. Great 3rd down guy. I can't really say the same about Willis or Hill.

I do agree with your 1st three though.

I say Stokley makes the team and is done after this year. His ability is still there and he has that mentor value as well. I think Hill doesn't make the team and Page steps in as a ST role. I like Gerrell the most but doubt he makes the team.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
I wonder how we can predict that Stokely won't make the team. Him and Tamme are the only two receivers that have any experience working with Manning. I think that actually makes them a shoe in to make the team.

I would love it if Stoke made the team.

I'm with you jst, I think Stoke makes it and barring injury is a solid contributer.

I don't think a receiver nearing 40 who has clearly been less productive as time has gone on is a "shoe-in" to make the team.

Thomas, Decker, Caldwell, Willis, Hill, Page are my actual guesses to make the team. I think the first four are safe, and Hill's deep speed may make him an asset with a QB who knows how to throw the ball. Page will likely make this team in some capacity.

WHOA! Nearing 40? Isn't he in his mid 30's? Wholly hell, I guess I should go line up for my AARP card, and start pining for those Denny's Grand Slam breakfasts.
dbronx42

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Stokley is 35... That's not really "near 40."

*EDIT: Brandon turns 36 in 2 days. Happy Birthday Stokes!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
Mr.MileHigh wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
This could be interesting. Seems like Weber was taking the 2nd team snaps.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/6/15/3089968/adam-weber-broncos-peyton-manning

I don't know much about him except his college career. Good track guy and basketball player so he should have plenty of athleticism.

Never seen him throw a pass.

I guess he was good enough to be a 3rd string last year but we had decent Qb depth. They tried to keep him on the down low.

Isn't Osweiller still unsigned? That would explain Weber's 2nd team reps, Hanie's garbage lol.

Hate to be the one who says it but Brock is just as bad as Hanie
Winder23

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConVict90 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
Mr.MileHigh wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

I don't know much about him except his college career. Good track guy and basketball player so he should have plenty of athleticism.

I guess he was good enough to be a 3rd string last year but we had decent Qb depth. They tried to keep him on the down low.

Isn't Osweiller still unsigned? That would explain Weber's 2nd team reps, Hanie's garbage lol.

How would we know that? He is a 21 year old rookie. We won't know anything about Osweiler for a couple years.

If Manning goes down this year, the Broncos will be in trouble. That is for sure.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you who are interested in attending a Training Camp practice or two, the Broncos released their schedule for camp this morning.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/2012-training-camp-schedule-released/

I'd recommend going if you can, it's a blast and an opportunity to see the players up close. It's also totally free.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
OrangeManeInFL

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
For those of you who are interested in attending a Training Camp practice or two, the Broncos released their schedule for camp this morning.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/2012-training-camp-schedule-released/

I'd recommend going if you can, it's a blast and an opportunity to see the players up close. It's also totally free.

Nice!! I was waiting to see when a schedule would be released. I'll be there for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConVict90 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
Mr.MileHigh wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Osweiler will become a headache for this franchise. He should be beaten out in the future by a lower drafted player than he, but will not because of Elway's ego. You shall see, because this is the future of the franchise that will happen

Props to Jamison on the sig
Mr.MileHigh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why so much hate for Osweiler the 20 YEAR OLD kid who has so much raw potential! He hasn't even really practiced yet but so quick to judge? I just want you to remember once he becomes our starting qb one day and is a stud don't root for him

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a different note! Bold Predictions who is a notable player that will be cut? Or name a few.
Mine is DJ. But my for sure pick is Matt Willis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.MileHigh wrote:
On a different note! Bold Predictions who is a notable player that will be cut? Or name a few.

I dont think Willis is notable. DJ is safe unless he does more dumb things to get more suspensions.
Mr.MileHigh wrote:
Why so much hate for Osweiler the 20 YEAR OLD kid who has so much raw potential! He hasn't even really practiced yet but so quick to judge? I just want you to remember once he becomes our starting qb one day and is a stud don't root for him

Its not that we want him to fail. I personally have only critiqued the pick. Not Osweiler's fault he was overdraft imo. Same w/ Tebow I thought he was overdrafted. I bashed Newton pick, Locker, gabbert, ect...
Besides Newton I am not rooting for any of the guys I felt were overdrafted to bust. I disliked Newton predraft because he came off of a tool and all the things around him. After he was drafted and was just him self and seemed way more likable Im not rooting for him to fail. Anyways not to rant on, it isnt that we want Osweiler to fail(I mean why would you?(I dont think anyone is going to be happy to say look I was so right about Osweiler, while you're left searching for a QB)). He's a good guy from what I've heard and seen. People will bash the pick until he becomes the starter.

What you're seeing in camp doesnt mean much at all. We all expected him to be raw. How many times have we seen a QB come in and look awful and following yr come in and play and play well in TCs and preseason.

Also the complaint from guys saying because Elway's son goes to ASU and was close to Osweiler means that was Elway's motivation. Plenty of GMs have connections. All that may come from the son is personality evaluation and practice habits.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
Mr.MileHigh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
Mr.MileHigh wrote:

I dont think Willis is notable. DJ is safe unless he does more dumb things to get more suspensions.
Mr.MileHigh wrote:

Its not that we want him to fail. I personally have only critiqued the pick. Not Osweiler's fault he was overdraft imo. Same w/ Tebow I thought he was overdrafted. I bashed Newton pick, Locker, gabbert, ect...
Besides Newton I am not rooting for any of the guys I felt were overdrafted to bust. I disliked Newton predraft because he came off of a tool and all the things around him. After he was drafted and was just him self and seemed way more likable Im not rooting for him to fail. Anyways not to rant on, it isnt that we want Osweiler to fail(I mean why would you?(I dont think anyone is going to be happy to say look I was so right about Osweiler, while you're left searching for a QB)). He's a good guy from what I've heard and seen. People will bash the pick until he becomes the starter.

What you're seeing in camp doesnt mean much at all. We all expected him to be raw. How many times have we seen a QB come in and look awful and following yr come in and play and play well in TCs and preseason.

Also the complaint from guys saying because Elway's son goes to ASU and was close to Osweiler means that was Elway's motivation. Plenty of GMs have connections. All that may come from the son is personality evaluation and practice habits.

DJ was my notable pick lol I just threw in Willis because Page is gonna steal his job lol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys also have gotten the impression that the league somehow is speaking higher of Ayers than we do?

I don't have specific links since this feeling has manifested itself over a couple of months, but Robert just really seems to have improved his status as a valid DE.

Last year, he played at his natural position for the first time since entering the NFL and although not having displayed any notable pass rush ability yet, his run stopping is more than solid. At least that's what analysts seem to think...

What's your opinion on this? Might Ayers actually improve even more this year?

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
Mr.MileHigh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Do you guys also have gotten the impression that the league somehow is speaking higher of Ayers than we do?

I don't have specific links since this feeling has manifested itself over a couple of months, but Robert just really seems to have improved his status as a valid DE.

Last year, he played at his natural position for the first time since entering the NFL and although not having displayed any notable pass rush ability yet, his run stopping is more than solid. At least that's what analysts seem to think...

I love Ayers he is my favorite defensive player. He has been slowly improving every year this year he is bound to break out especially with Del Rio.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:

I love Ayers he is my favorite defensive player. He has been slowly improving every year this year he is bound to break out especially with Del Rio.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 2 of 20

Jump to: