Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Last Day At Lambeau
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Left_Side!

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Last Day At Lambeau Reply with quote

Ok first of all I know this can be a very touchy subject but I wanted to find out who has seen this documentary since I know they have shown it in Wisconsin and get some opinions about it. And if you havent seen it here are some clips for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLlMjr-1ecw&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF9s2H8P8Dc&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeVKVGOIskE&feature=related

I think it looks like it was put together very well and will show both sides of the story.

thoughts?
CWood21

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully it shows the real story that most of the Packers fans know.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is stupid. Why are they even making a movie out of this.
Left_Side!

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattwaukee wrote:
This is stupid. Why are they even making a movie out of this.

I think because it was such a big deal. No matter what side you are on or were on I do feel like it will be a good film and maybe show some more things that us fans didn't get to see.
ECPackers

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i watch the teaser videos and think of how good of a fan i am, compared to the idiots petitioning to bring brett favre back.... those, my friends, are not packer fans...those are favre fans, and they must be extinguished, lol
Bucks
Badgers
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECPackers wrote:
i watch the teaser videos and think of how good of a fan i am, compared to the idiots petitioning to bring brett favre back.... those, my friends, are not packer fans...those are favre fans, and they must be extinguished, lol

Just never let those people live it down that they chose Favre over the Packers. Sure let them back on the bandwagon, but constantly remind them of that choice.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Deep Mug

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with the making of it or not, it's a terribly interesting subject. It was a very unique event that played majorly in the makeup of our fanbase.

It was a back and forth between the two sides with the fans caught in the middle. We lost a significant number of fans because of the event, if you subscribe to the theory that they were "fans" prior to.

I really hope someone very involved in the Packers organization writes a book one day about it all.

Unless it gets a DVD/or Netflix release, I have next to no chance of seeing it, but I am very interested in seeing if they present anything I don't already know. Laughing (not to sound arrogant, it's just me and I'm sure many of you followed the situation VERY closely)
Left_Side!

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deep Mug wrote:
Agree with the making of it or not, it's a terribly interesting subject. It was a very unique event that played majorly in the makeup of our fanbase.

It was a back and forth between the two sides with the fans caught in the middle. We lost a significant number of fans because of the event, if you subscribe to the theory that they were "fans" prior to.

I really hope someone very involved in the Packers organization writes a book one day about it all.

Unless it gets a DVD/or Netflix release, I have next to no chance of seeing it, but I am very interested in seeing if they present anything I don't already know. Laughing (not to sound arrogant, it's just me and I'm sure many of you followed the situation VERY closely)

Very true! In one of the videos I posted the film maker says something along the lines of "this topic has ruined friendships" and I can honestly say ive been in some heated arguments with people about the whole situation and ive seen others do the same.
ECPackers

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya know...an example of this (and how it can end up) is my best friend, who i've been friends with since the 4th grade (we are both 26 now)

anyways, he always said that when brett favre left, he would be a colts fan, because manning was a lot of fun to watch....i didn't look down on him, but i explained its because he truly doesn't WATCH and LEARN enough about our current team to love anyone else but the popular "brett"...short story shorter, after i explained this to him, and he started watching every game....he ended up deciding on his own that "brett favre sucks, he throws a ton of interceptions"...and then when he got released, he said "good riddance"...

sometimes, people just aren't big enough or REAL enough fans to understand the game... brandon wasn't...and after a while he was. was NOT a real fan, and now he is. THATS a real packer fan.
Bucks
Badgers
JustisM

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to a guy in the airport a week ago about Favre and stuff. He noticed my hat and started to talk about the Packers and stuff, told me he met some Louisiana Packers when he lived down there, how Jim Taylor talked to him when he was a kid and stuff like that. Family was from Wisconsin and all that stuff. He then told me that he followed Favre to New York and Minnesota when he was traded but is a Packer fan again. I don't really blame him for switching teams when the guy he followed for the past 15 years switched teams. ECPackers explained it best but I don't think just because you aren't die hard doesn't make you a true Packer fan.
Polaris

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the Packers win Super Bowl I on the TV...one of the first times I had ever seen a color TV. Favre hadn't even been born yet. With any luck, I'll be cheering The Team after he's dead.

A storied franchise, a long dry spell, a charismatic QB, success on the field, a grateful fan base, but inevitably in the minds of many fans he became bigger than the team. That should never happen and shame on us for allowing it to happen.

It would have been nice if it had all ended better for everyone but it was apparent years earlier that was unlikely. Bad gamblers never know when to cash in their chips and leave the table and will ultimately lose what they've gained and more.

The most polarizing figure in Packer history by far. I think we'll see some books written about this someday and if they're honest books they'll paint a kind of unflattering picture of Favre, IMO.
snackattack

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is a legit argument out there that says sticking with ARod wasn't the right choice. I lost pretty much all of my respect for Favre during the ordeal given the way he badmouthed the organization.

That said, looking back I wish we just released him outright before it got so ugly.
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
ECPackers wrote:

Just never let those people live it down that they chose Favre over the Packers. Sure let them back on the bandwagon, but constantly remind them of that choice.

I have a friend who I've known since I was in 3rd grade. He was as hardcore over the Packers as I.

Well when the whole Brett thing went down, he was so upset. And when Brett went to NY/MN, he still rooted for him while still rooting for GB. Thats fine and all (even tho I wished nothing but bad for #4), but when GB would play MN, he wanted MN to win. I couldn't believe it!

So when we won the Superbowl in '11, he was all happy and celebrating. I said "f you dude, this train has left, you're not a Packer fan anymore".

I still rub that in his face anytime we discuss Rodgers (who he likes) or the Packers. I'll NEVER let him live that schit down.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snackattack wrote:
That said, looking back I wish we just released him outright before it got so ugly.

Had we just straight up cut him I think Favre fans would've been just as pissed, and he still would've bad-mouthed the organization.

The fact that he did show his true colors and show what a tool he is helped some fans get over him faster, and move onto Rodgers.

The messy divorce was one of the best things to happen to Rodgers in the end IMO.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:
snackattack wrote:

Had we just straight up cut him I think Favre fans would've been just as pissed, and he still would've bad-mouthed the organization.

The fact that he did show his true colors and show what a tool he is helped some fans get over him faster, and move onto Rodgers.

The messy divorce was one of the best things to happen to Rodgers in the end IMO.

No doubt, but Rodgers wouldn't have had any trouble winning over fans after a year or two. I think an outright release just would have been so much cleaner from a PR perspective for the organization. Tough to say given the sensitivity of the issue, but that is just my opinion. Plus it would have been a nice "here's what we really think of you" to Brett Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: