Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aaron Rodgers' Next Contract
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LUKE232323 wrote:
Is there any confirmation if this is a 5 year deal that is in place of the three years he currently has, or 5 years in addition to the three years (so through 2019)?

Only info so far is the tweet from LeRoy, I believe. Take that for what it's worth (not a lot).

vikingsrule wrote:
Offense (Air Coryell):

QB - Matt Cassel
JustisM

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LUKE232323 wrote:
Is there any confirmation if this is a 5 year deal that is in place of the three years he currently has, or 5 years in addition to the three years (so through 2019)?

I have no idea but my educated guess would say 5 years total. Rodgers has stated several times that he doesn't want to play forever and I can't see him playing for the money he has right now and have it double in like 3 years instead of kicking in right now.

Also something I can see Rodgers doing: getting paid like 20 mil a year but ends up taking a couple pay cuts to keep "his boys" in Green Bay. I could see him cutting off some of the salary to convince TT to keep Jennings or the OL together. Money=power.
Kampman74

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man would cheer me up on a crappy weekend thats for sure!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure it'd have to be an extension in order to follow salary cap rules. I won't be excited if this is not an extension. I don't want to pay anyone 20M per. That's just too many eggs in one basket.

If it's an extension, his contract would be for 8 years, 123.75M. Averages out to 15.46875M per year. To Aaron, it's a hell of a lot less risk, and a 50% raise. To Green Bay, it's betting he doesn't get injured, locking up the Franchise, and managing money more safely.

It's also a huge kick to the proverbial nuts of Drew Brees. He's supposed to be the Franchise in NO and they refuse to give him what he wants. Green Bay and Aaron Rodgers get a deal done three years early. ouch!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Aaron Rodgers' Next Contract Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
RashaanSalaami wrote:
Why would anyone in the organization tweet something like that? Does Adam Schefter work for all organizations?

What I was getting at is that I don't think he has the connections to the organization's front office to actually support that tweet.

No, but I'm sure he still has connections with some of the current players.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think anywhere from 15 to 19 million is pretty acceptable for the team. I never am in favor of paying 20+ million for one guy even a player like Rodgers. I think Aaron really loves this team and sees the potential long-term success he is set up for here, and makes the contract a much less bigger issue than Drew Brees has allowed his to become.

^Kempes on the sig
RashaanSalaami

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Wilde, he checked in with Rodgers' agent, David Dunn who said "100% false. There have been zero negotations. Nothing."
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
According to Wilde, he checked in with Rodgers' agent, David Dunn who said "100% false. There have been zero negotations. Nothing."

Makes sense. We have higher priorities right now with guys who will not be under contract following this season. Gotta find the space for them first. Then Clay, BJ, and Finley are next.

PackersGuy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5yr 100 mil
6yr 100mil
7yr 120mil

50-70 mill gaurnteed

he will get 20 mil or more a yr

just hope gb saves money for clay
SDN40

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like QB money has doubled in 4 years.

Nothing cap friendly about that

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of the cap, it's a no brainer to get this done. Do not want anything close to what is happening between Brees and the Saints to creep up here.
TedThompson

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Tommy Silverstein:

-With all their draft picks signed and no veteran holdouts pending, the #Packers are $11 million under the salary cap. That should give them room to do the Greg Jennings and Clay Matthews deals this year.

They'll be able to burn some of the charges in 2012, but they'll still have to amortize signing bonuses because those deals will not be for chump change.

There will be significant upfront money paid if they are able to reach agreements with both players.

Matthews is only slated to make a Walmart like $800K this year.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TedThompson wrote:
From Tommy Silverstein:

-With all their draft picks signed and no veteran holdouts pending, the #Packers are $11 million under the salary cap. That should give them room to do the Greg Jennings and Clay Matthews deals this year.

They'll be able to burn some of the charges in 2012, but they'll still have to amortize signing bonuses because those deals will not be for chump change.

There will be significant upfront money paid if they are able to reach agreements with both players.

That last part is incredible.
spilltray

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
TedThompson wrote:
From Tommy Silverstein:

Not really, it's pretty normal for a late 1st rounder.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheClayMaker52

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
TedThompson wrote:
From Tommy Silverstein:

Not really, it's pretty normal for a late 1st rounder.

I think he is saying its incredible in the fact that Matthews hasn't said a peep about his contract the whole time (even though he has clearly outplayed it)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: