Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Giants DE JPP to undergo back surgery; Start on PUP
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Giants DE JPP to undergo back surgery; Start on PUP Reply with quote

Quote:
Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul is undergoing back surgery this morning in LA with Dr. Watkins. Belief is he should be ready for September.

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/341917036622012416

Quote:
JPP played with the back injury last year, had epidural injections to deal with it. The hope is he's back for Week 1. Will start camp on PUP

http://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/statuses/341919687355031552

Same doctor that works on Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski.
Tom Brady Tribute
percellovegiant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A back surgery??!! Wow thats serious, no way will he be ready for week one. Pup anyone?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my question is....

WHY IN THE HELL DOES THIS WAIT UNTIL JUNE TO TAKE PLACE?!?!

WHAT THE HELL WAS WRONG WITH, OH, I DON"T KNOW... FEBRUARY???!!??

Acgott

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one wants to have surgery. He was hoping he would be able to manage it without having surgery. He was not able too
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
No one wants to have surgery. He was hoping he would be able to manage it without having surgery. He was not able too

Shame too, all we can hope is that he's ready by September ... But gronk is on his 5th surgery now?

We the North
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it take 6 months to be like "nope back still bothers me"

This could have been done a lot earlier...

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been fighting back pain for 3 years. It made me "retire" from baseball..

If he has what I do (herniated discs.. 3 in my case), I can see why it took him so long to get it done. It is an on-and-off thing. I felt great for over a month going to the gym everyday, and then last week I was barely able to leave bed. Therapy is always done first. It usually makes you feel better for a while, but it's never been consistent enough for me.

This is the most depressing news I've heard in a while. Back issues are the worst.
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just caught a ESPN tweet that said it is a herniated disc in the lower back. Boy does this suck.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No WR's, no stud DE...Clowney here we come! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggsam49 wrote:
Ive been fighting back pain for 3 years. It made me "retire" from baseball..

If he has what I do (herniated discs.. 3 in my case), I can see why it took him so long to get it done. It is an on-and-off thing. I felt great for over a month going to the gym everyday, and then last week I was barely able to leave bed. Therapy is always done first. It usually makes you feel better for a while, but it's never been consistent enough for me.

This is the most depressing news I've heard in a while. Back issues are the worst.

I feel for you man. I had two bulging discs a few years back. Thankfully six months of physical therapy helped me. Can't even imagine having three herniated discs.

I can't imagine JPP being ready by Week 1. It could be get really ugly on D this year if its best player misses an extended period of time.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9340796/jason-pierre-paul-new-york-giants-back-surgery

Quote:
"My back has been bothering me for a while, and even last season I played through some back issues," Pierre-Paul said in statement from the team.

"The treatment I've been doing has helped manage the issue, but this procedure is going to get me fully healthy and there should be no more pain. I'm going to do everything the doctors tell me to do during my rehab so I can be back playing the game I love at a high level as quickly as possible."

The belief is he should be ready for the start of the 2013 season and should be 100 percent, a source said.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9340796/jason-pierre-paul-new-york-giants-back-surgery

Quote:
"My back has been bothering me for a while, and even last season I played through some back issues," Pierre-Paul said in statement from the team.

"The treatment I've been doing has helped manage the issue, but this procedure is going to get me fully healthy and there should be no more pain. I'm going to do everything the doctors tell me to do during my rehab so I can be back playing the game I love at a high level as quickly as possible."

The belief is he should be ready for the start of the 2013 season and should be 100 percent, a source said.

Thats all we can hope for ... unless we really want Clowney

We the North
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Giants can survive with a Kiwi/Moore/Tuck pass rush in the short term, but we need JPP to be healthy and productive if this team's gonna go anywhere
GiantAl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this sucks big time.

Tuck will have to regain his form of old if this defense isn't going to get blown out of the water.

I think Kiwi can do a good job at DE though, so hopefully JPP doesnt miss too much time (if any).
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“If you look at all the elite athletes, and by elite athletes I’m talking about Olympic, collegiate and professional, 90 percent of them return to their elite level of competition,’’ said Dr, Andrew Hecht, orthopaedic surgeon and Co-director of Spine Surgery and Director of the Spine Center at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. #nyg abo

http://sulia.com/channel/new-york-giants/f/f4d3f52e-af47-4f4d-8584-9c3668049a24/?source=twitter

Talking about athletes returning to form, 90% is for all athletes. I assume its lower for a contact sport like football.

It kills me that their are "odds" that he returns to form. And it could take years off his career.

Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: