Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans sign CB McCourty to 5-year extension worth $43M
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Titans sign CB McCourty to 5-year extension worth $43M Reply with quote

Quote:
#Titans and CB Jason McCourty are working on an extension that will lock up the starting CB.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/213311043353587713

McCourty is locked as the starting CB for the Titans in 2012 after he recorded 101 tackles, 13 passes defended and 2 INTs last season.

McCourty was a 6th round pick in 2009.

***Update***
Quote:
Titans CB Jason McCourty signed a five-year, $43 million contract extension, including $20 million in guaranteed money and bonuses.

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/238746992195555328
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well deserving. He's come a very long way from when he was a rookie. Definately a steal. True leader who's improved each year. Expecting a big year from him.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im glad get him locked up now

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
Dionysus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very wise move by the FO. Start locking these young guys down NOW.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what we thinking, 4-5 year extension added to his contract now?
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No time like the present. Very good.

2013 Adopt-A-Titan RYAN FITZPATRICK 4
TT4Life7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let me get this straight. The guy who doesn't walk out of camp in a hissy fit, and instead works his butt off, is getting an extension? Who woulda thought?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good deal. Have to do this since we let Finny walk. I'm thinking somewhere around a 4 year deal would be nice.

Adopt-A-Titan 2013-14
- Kendall Wright 73 rec 857 yd 2 TD <3
- Shonn Greene 49 car 190 yd 3 TD
Titans_31

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be a good signing if he continues to progress the way he has been the last two years he will make his way into tge top 10 corners in the nfl
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really when you think about it, Jason is one of the more impressive picks by the FO. Being able to project someones development is one of the hardest parts of scouting/drafting and he certainly wasn't a starter when we got him.

Adopt-A-Titan 2013-14
- Kendall Wright 73 rec 857 yd 2 TD <3
- Shonn Greene 49 car 190 yd 3 TD
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
Really when you think about it, Jason is one of the more impressive picks by the FO. Being able to project someones development is one of the hardest parts of scouting/drafting and he certainly wasn't a starter when we got him.

Agreed. He was Ryan Mouton horrible when he was 1st drafted. Like I said before, he's come a long way and gotten better each season.
Titans_31

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:

I think they really just picked him based on potential similar to what they did with Campbell. He's a 6'1 corner with 4.4 speed who could play the run in a well respected Rutgers defense. He was also a 3 year starter and a team caption as a senior. One thing that did surprise me is how poor he is at press coverage because thry primarly run a bump and run coverage at Rutgers.
ThatTitansFan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Titans_31"][quote="TwoToneBlue"]Really when you think about it, Jason is one of the more impressive picks by the FO. Being able to project someones development is one of the hardest parts of scouting/drafting and he certainly wasn't a starter when we got him.[/quote]

I think they really just picked him based on potential similar to what they did with Campbell. He's a 6'1 corner with 4.4 speed who could play the run in a well respected Rutgers defense. He was also a 3 year starter and a team caption as a senior. One thing that did surprise me is how poor he is at press coverage because thry primarly run a bump and run coverage at Rutgers.[/quote]

That's probably why he was drafted so low; he played in a system that didn't fit him.

But yeah, great move. Locking him down now will probably save us a lot of money compared to what he would cost next year (especially because I expect our def to turn some more heads this year). Good move by the FO. He's not quite as good as Finny, but he's more consistent and causes very few penalties.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:

Agreed. He was Ryan Mouton horrible when he was 1st drafted. Like I said before, he's come a long way and gotten better each season.

Aw come on TF4L. Ryan Mouton's not horrible, he just had a horrible outing on special teams in his rookie season nobody can shake off. I'll bet he's gonna be the Cindarella story of training camp this year...meaning he'll be back home scrubbing floors and washing dishes while everyone else goes to the ball. Laughing But I really do expect him to be the darkhorse of the NB competition this year. The guy wasn't a slouch by any stretch when he was on his game. But he's got to stay healthy for a change if he's gonna have a shot at making the roster.
coleman51

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans_31 wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:

I think they really just picked him based on potential similar to what they did with Campbell. He's a 6'1 corner with 4.4 speed who could play the run in a well respected Rutgers defense. He was also a 3 year starter and a team caption as a senior. One thing that did surprise me is how poor he is at press coverage because thry primarly run a bump and run coverage at Rutgers.

Didn't Jason leave for the draft his junior year, and Devin stayed for his senior year? Devin ended up being a first rounder after staying another year in college. What would Jason have been if he played his senior season?

We've seen to have luck drafting underclassmen and letting them develop a year or two, leaving them as role players in their rookie seasons.

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: