Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SoS's Fantasy Questions: New York Giants

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45365
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: SoS's Fantasy Questions: New York Giants Reply with quote

How's it going guys!? I'm sure many of you know me as the rambunctious Seattle homer that posts way too much.

Well in my spare time during this time of the season I usually run a Fantasy Football Advice thread for those of you that are into that kinda thing. Check out the 2012 thread I'll be making soon!

Anyways, I just had a few questions to ensure that I'm not ignorant with any advice I provide this offseason. That's why I've come up with a batch of clarifying questions for all 32 teams and getting my facts straight. Thanks to everyone that helps in advance!

Questions
1. David Wilson is the new cat in town. What do you guys expect his rookie season to be like? Will he drastically impact Ahmad Bradshaw's fantasy value?

2. With Hakeem Nicks sitting out with that foot injury, is Victor Cruz the #1 guy to take in New York?

3. Eli Manning had a career year in 2011. Is it reasonable to expect him to repeat such a performance or will the Giants offense be more balanced?
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
biggsam48


Joined: 17 Feb 2009
Posts: 637
Location: New York
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: SoS's Fantasy Questions: New York Giants Reply with quote

1. I don't expect a huge impact from David Wilson. IF Bradshaw is healthy, Ill guess 500 yards for him.

2. Nicks should be fine for the season. I'd take a healthy Nicks over Cruz... But like Bradshaw, he probably will just injure something else.

3. Giants seem to be stressing a return to the ground game (1st Rd pick RB, 290 lb TE). I expect to run more. And the defense should be better, so I don't expect Eli to need to be throwing every 4th Q like last season. I expect his stats to dip a little.
_________________


^^ Speed Blue on the Sig


Last edited by biggsam48 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
maes


Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 7007
Location: STRONGISLAND4REAL
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: SoS's Fantasy Questions: New York Giants Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:


1. David Wilson is the new cat in town. What do you guys expect his rookie season to be like? Will he drastically impact Ahmad Bradshaw's fantasy value?

I'm not expecting anything too crazy in fantasy football terms, but a solid season; 680 yards with a 4.2 average and 6 or so touchdowns sounds about right. Bradshaw will probably be about the same he was last year attempts wise. I'm not expecting Bradshaw to 'wow us' or anything next year either, he'll probably remain pretty stagnant from the 3.9 or so ypc he was last year.

SaveourSonics wrote:

2. With Hakeem Nicks sitting out with that foot injury, is Victor Cruz the #1 guy to take in New York?

Nicks seems like the safer bet, still. Cruz won't get as many opportunities for those 40+ yard gains as he did last year with the return of the running game.


SaveourSonics wrote:

3. Eli Manning had a career year in 2011. Is it reasonable to expect him to repeat such a performance or will the Giants offense be more balanced?

He'll play at least on the level he did for most of the last season, most likely better; but don't count on him getting as many opportunities to pass the ball. He'll have a better td:int, qbr, pct, etc. but won't get as many yards as he did last year most likely.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biggsam48


Joined: 17 Feb 2009
Posts: 637
Location: New York
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: SoS's Fantasy Questions: New York Giants Reply with quote

maes wrote:

I'm not expecting anything too crazy; 780 yards with a 4.2 average and 7 or so touchdowns sounds about right. Bradshaw will probably be about the same he was last year attempts wise. I'm not expecting Bradshaw to 'wow us' or anything next year either, he'll probably remain pretty stagnant from the 3.9 or so ypc he was last year.



780/4.2= 185 attempts.

That'd put him 20th in attempts last season.

EDIT:

I think you edited.. lol.. 680/4.2 = 161 attempts.. 27th in the league. Still feels like a lot, but reasonable i guess.
_________________


^^ Speed Blue on the Sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
maes


Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 7007
Location: STRONGISLAND4REAL
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: SoS's Fantasy Questions: New York Giants Reply with quote

biggsam48 wrote:
maes wrote:

I'm not expecting anything too crazy; 780 yards with a 4.2 average and 7 or so touchdowns sounds about right. Bradshaw will probably be about the same he was last year attempts wise. I'm not expecting Bradshaw to 'wow us' or anything next year either, he'll probably remain pretty stagnant from the 3.9 or so ypc he was last year.



780/4.2= 185 attempts.

That'd put him 20th in attempts last season.

EDIT:

I think you edited.. lol.. 680/4.2 = 161 attempts.. 27th in the league. Still feels like a lot, but reasonable i guess.

lol yeah, i reread my post after i wrote it and thought to myself that it was a lot so i changed it. but yeah 160 attempts still seems a little too high. but the average and yards were just supposed to be quick estimates, didn't think people would be calculating the carries lol.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45365
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the ratio of attempts between Bradshaw and Jacobs? Do you expect a similar ratio with David Wilson or with Bradshaw take most of the work?

Also, do you blame the lack of running success in 2011 on the actual backs carrying the ball or the OLine?
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
redsoxsuck05


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 8928
Location: LI
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
What was the ratio of attempts between Bradshaw and Jacobs? Do you expect a similar ratio with David Wilson or with Bradshaw take most of the work?

Also, do you blame the lack of running success in 2011 on the actual backs carrying the ball or the OLine?


Both. Jacobs, while not as bad as his numbers last year, clearly lost a step.

Bradshaw's robotic feet clearly took something out of him as well because he's the kind of guy who relies on making quick cuts. Most of his value i.e. blocking does not lie on the fantasy realm.

My tip: Avoid Giants RBs.
_________________



Aldon Smith while being recorded wrote:
Youíre stupid. Youíre tripping. (Expletive deleted), they donít know itís me. Itís not like I put ďAldon SmithĒÖ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
maes


Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 7007
Location: STRONGISLAND4REAL
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsuck05 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
What was the ratio of attempts between Bradshaw and Jacobs? Do you expect a similar ratio with David Wilson or with Bradshaw take most of the work?

Also, do you blame the lack of running success in 2011 on the actual backs carrying the ball or the OLine?


Both. Jacobs, while not as bad as his numbers last year, clearly lost a step.

Bradshaw's robotic feet clearly took something out of him as well because he's the kind of guy who relies on making quick cuts. Most of his value i.e. blocking does not lie on the fantasy realm.

My tip: Avoid Giants RBs.


QFT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biggsam48


Joined: 17 Feb 2009
Posts: 637
Location: New York
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree.. I imagine Ahmad is going late, and hes probably underrated. Down year with injuries, our run blocking was terrible and I think we're trying to get back to it. With Jacobs gone, hes technically our "power" back, and will get the goalline touches. If he can stay relatively healthy, I think hes going to be a steal.

The bad thing about taking him will be finding the handcuff... I really hope Wilson immediately gets the number 2 role, and we stop messing around with Ware.
_________________


^^ Speed Blue on the Sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
redsoxsuck05


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 8928
Location: LI
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggsam48 wrote:
I disagree.. I imagine Ahmad is going late, and hes probably underrated. Down year with injuries, our run blocking was terrible and I think we're trying to get back to it. With Jacobs gone, hes technically our "power" back, and will get the goalline touches. If he can stay relatively healthy, I think hes going to be a steal.

The bad thing about taking him will be finding the handcuff... I really hope Wilson immediately gets the number 2 role, and we stop messing around with Ware.


On a side note, I hate it when Eli orchestrates a long drive and the runningback will steal the TD from him after 3 attempts.

In the age of Eli sig bets where I obsess over his statistical output and what other FFers think about him, it really bothers me when that happens.

I'm crazy. Laughing
_________________



Aldon Smith while being recorded wrote:
Youíre stupid. Youíre tripping. (Expletive deleted), they donít know itís me. Itís not like I put ďAldon SmithĒÖ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NYGiantsman10


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 10314
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsuck05 wrote:
biggsam48 wrote:
I disagree.. I imagine Ahmad is going late, and hes probably underrated. Down year with injuries, our run blocking was terrible and I think we're trying to get back to it. With Jacobs gone, hes technically our "power" back, and will get the goalline touches. If he can stay relatively healthy, I think hes going to be a steal.

The bad thing about taking him will be finding the handcuff... I really hope Wilson immediately gets the number 2 role, and we stop messing around with Ware.


On a side note, I hate it when Eli orchestrates a long drive and the runningback will steal the TD from him after 3 attempts.

In the age of Eli sig bets where I obsess over his statistical output and what other FFers think about him, it really bothers me when that happens.

I'm crazy. Laughing


You kidding? Im the exact same way. I think most of us are like that Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
bballbkd1001


Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 4301
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone here thinks we are going to turn back to the running game!?

No way. Now that is crazy talk. This is a passing game now, we have one of the top 3 best and we just won a Super Bowl on his shoulders. IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
redsoxsuck05


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 8928
Location: LI
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballbkd1001 wrote:
Everyone here thinks we are going to turn back to the running game!?

No way. Now that is crazy talk. This is a passing game now, we have one of the top 3 best and we just won a Super Bowl on his shoulders. IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!


IIRC the distribution between running and passing plays was pretty balanced. The discrepancy stemmed from the backs and O-Line being ridiculously inefficient.
_________________



Aldon Smith while being recorded wrote:
Youíre stupid. Youíre tripping. (Expletive deleted), they donít know itís me. Itís not like I put ďAldon SmithĒÖ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BassistofDoom


Joined: 17 Dec 2011
Posts: 616
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I expect Bradshaw's value to take a hit, and Wilson may be worth taking in one of the last rounds if he's still there. The Giants are raving about him and OC Kevin Gilbride calls him the most explosive player he's ever coached, meaning he'll be itching to give Wilson the ball.

2. I'd say Nicks is probably the safer option as he's been consistently able to put up points for two years as a no. 1 and Cruz came out of nowhere last year for an unbelievable season but who knows if he can repeat that. He's definitely the risk/reward guy. He can score from anywhere on the field but may get shut down by defenses next year. However, with Nicks's foot injury he may not be 100% in week 1 so I'd probably take Cruz.

3. Eli will be every bit as good as he was last year, but that won't show in the stats. With Wilson now in the backfield I expect the Giants to try and run more and I assume they will have more success, especially if Mitch Petrus the mauler gets the starting job at LG.
_________________
GO G-MEN
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titwio


Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 6259
Location: Bronx NY
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm driving the Bradshaw bandwagon this year for Fant-F. He's going to be strong...I can almost guarantee the arrival of Wilson is going to light a fire and on top of that, he had the stem cell injections and:

Quote:
ďI got the stem cell injection on my right foot that I re-fractured and it feels great. I feel like I can come out this next season and be ready for whatever they give me," Bradshaw said.


He's going to be overlooked this year but I think he's going to be 2010 Bradshaw...The O-line will have the offseason this year they weren't afforded last year to gel and I think they get it straight.

David Gettis of the Panthers is also another big sleeper I have this year...mark it down brethren's.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group