Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FIFA approves goal-line technology.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patro14

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: FIFA approves goal-line technology. Reply with quote

It will start at Tokyo for the club world cup. Great decision, I think it's the only part of football where I'd like technology to be added. Human error is part of the game and at the end of the day makes games more entertaining in a lot of aspects. But getting goals disallowed was awful, glad they introduced GLT.

Soy del barrio de La Boca
Patro14

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a reliable link.

dhunt2402

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news.

Deadpulse on the sig
EnglishLion20

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At Long Long Last.... Very Happy

Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
ukjets21

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: FIFA approves goal-line technology. Reply with quote

Patro14 wrote:
It will start at Tokyo for the club world cup. Great decision, I think it's the only part of football where I'd like technology to be added. Human error is part of the game and at the end of the day makes games more entertaining in a lot of aspects. But getting goals disallowed was awful, glad they introduced GLT.

I really disagree that we ought to limit technology. Human error is a part of the game only because up until now we haven't been able to remove it, if a viable method of improving decisions becomes possible in the future I'd be completely for it. Bad decisions should be stamped out if they can, to say human error is part of the game would lead us to the conclusion that we should have poor referees as the games might have more controvercial decisions to debate about. Rolling Eyes

Adopt a Jet: Sheldon Richardson

Tackles - 77
Sacks - 3.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
4 Carries - 4 Yards - 2 TDs
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally Very Happy Very Happy

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
texans_uk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally struggle to see how it can be implemented, but Tennis, Cricket, Rugby and many other sports have all embraced it so I guess it was a matter of time.

Patro14

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: FIFA approves goal-line technology. Reply with quote

ukjets21 wrote:
Patro14 wrote:

I really disagree that we ought to limit technology. Human error is a part of the game only because up until now we haven't been able to remove it, if a viable method of improving decisions becomes possible in the future I'd be completely for it. Bad decisions should be stamped out if they can, to say human error is part of the game would lead us to the conclusion that we should have poor referees as the games might have more controversial decisions to debate about. Rolling Eyes
And isn't that what we debate most of the time? Referee mistakes have been present since football started. Grading a referee, discussing about a call is what gives most journalist their food. Polemic and controversy has become an essence of the sport, it's part of the players and coaches excuses and of what we should expect when we see certain ref calling certain game. Not to mention the referee can lead the way a game develops, adding more technology could make a lot of games monotonic.

I agree with GLT and maybe a hawkeye to be sure about offsides, but I don't want the game to be touched by other technology methods. Maybe that's just me and my traditional thoughts about the sport, but I love the game how it is and how its has been for a long time.

texans_uk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkeyes for offside would be gay.

No thank you.

ukjets21

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: FIFA approves goal-line technology. Reply with quote

Patro14 wrote:
ukjets21 wrote:
Patro14 wrote:

I really disagree that we ought to limit technology. Human error is a part of the game only because up until now we haven't been able to remove it, if a viable method of improving decisions becomes possible in the future I'd be completely for it. Bad decisions should be stamped out if they can, to say human error is part of the game would lead us to the conclusion that we should have poor referees as the games might have more controversial decisions to debate about. Rolling Eyes
And isn't that what we debate most of the time? Referee mistakes have been present since football started. Grading a referee, discussing about a call is what gives most journalist their food. Polemic and controversy has become an essence of the sport, it's part of the players and coaches excuses and of what we should expect when we see certain ref calling certain game. Not to mention the referee can lead the way a game develops, adding more technology could make a lot of games monotonic.

I agree with GLT and maybe a hawkeye to be sure about offsides, but I don't want the game to be touched by other technology methods. Maybe that's just me and my traditional thoughts about the sport, but I love the game how it is and how its has been for a long time.

We debate about many other things. I'm not saying completely remove referees as that will always be pretty much impossible but if more technology becomes available that would improve decision making I certainly wouldn't oppose it. I'd rather have a fair game and not have something to debate about than risk my teams losing to a bad decision in a vital game.

Adopt a Jet: Sheldon Richardson

Tackles - 77
Sacks - 3.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
4 Carries - 4 Yards - 2 TDs
kempus

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Patro. Goal line technology is 100% necessary, but I don't want anything else.

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soccer is like a third world country finally making progress.

It's about damn time.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
kempus

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Soccer is like a third world country finally making progress.

It's about damn time.

This is an atrocious analogy Rolling Eyes

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
teamorange

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This stinks. Half the fun is complaining the next day or debating about what could've happened.
ColumbusCrewzer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why but I've always been against goal line technology.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: