Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SoS's Fantasy Questions: Buffalo Bills

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: SoS's Fantasy Questions: Buffalo Bills Reply with quote

How's it going guys!? I'm sure many of you know me as the rambunctious Seattle homer that posts way too much.

Well in my spare time during this time of the season I usually run a Fantasy Football Advice thread for those of you that are into that kinda thing. Check out the 2012 thread I'll be making soon!

Anyways, I just had a few questions to ensure that I'm not ignorant with any advice I provide this offseason. That's why I've come up with a batch of clarifying questions for all 32 teams and getting my facts straight. Thanks to everyone that helps in advance!

Questions
1. What are the chances T.J. Graham claims the #2 receiver role this offseason? Or is pretty much set in stone that Nelson will take that job?

2. Where would you guys realistically expect your defense to rank in fantasy land? You're pretty much answering if you think you'll produce a lot of turnovers and sacks.

3. Fred Jackson is coming off of knee surgery and is already 32 years old. Should we expect an increased load on CJ Spiller's plate this year that makes him a potential top 15 back?
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: SoS's Fantasy Questions: Buffalo Bills Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Questions
1. What are the chances T.J. Graham claims the #2 receiver role this offseason? Or is pretty much set in stone that Nelson will take that job?

2. Where would you guys realistically expect your defense to rank in fantasy land? You're pretty much answering if you think you'll produce a lot of turnovers and sacks.

3. Fred Jackson is coming off of knee surgery and is already 32 years old. Should we expect an increased load on CJ Spiller's plate this year that makes him a potential top 15 back?

1) Not likely. Graham is a perfect fit for slot receiver in my opinion. Nelson looked great last season, I don't think it's likely Graham will take his spot.

2) I think we will see a strong improvement on defense. I see an increase in sacks without a doubt, which should lead to more turnovers. Our secondary has significantly improved with the addition of Gilmore and having a healthy Byrd and George Wilson starting.

I hate having high expectations because let's face it, we are the Bills and us fans always have high hopes and usually see them wither away by the end of the season. I hope this year those high hopes are kept throughout the entire season.

3) I wouldn't make much of Jackson's injury because he hasn't had the wear and tear that most 32 year old backs have.

That said, Spiller definitely proved himself last season in Jackson's absence. I see a higher carry load next season. Personally, I wouldn't feel very safe taking him in a fantasy league though. If he was there in the late rounds I'd take a second look though.

BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: SoS's Fantasy Questions: Buffalo Bills Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Questions
Honestly I can't see any way he takes over as #2. I think both Nelson and Jones will get that spot over Graham, who will probably never be much more than a slot guy for us. I'm really hoping Easley can be what everyone wanted him to be, and take the #2 spot, but for now I'd have to say that Nelson will be #2.

SaveourSonics wrote:
I honestly think we have one of the top 3 DL's in the NFL. I think we will produce quite a bit of sacks, and the added pass rush will in turn help our DB's to look better as well. Byrd is a good young FS, and should continue to improve, again in part due to our improved pass rush. Williams and Gilmore should see the field a lot, something that will also improve our defensive backfield. Call me a homer, but I would probably have to rank our defense overall (in terms of sacks and TO) in the top 10.

SaveourSonics wrote:
I think we will see Freddy return to (at least close to) what he was doing last year. He was arguably a top 5 back when he went down last year, and I really think he'll return to form this year. Remember that he doesn't have the wear and tear on his legs of a 32 yr old RB. I think CJ will still probably see a lot of touches, but I don't see him being a top 15 back, really ever. I think Freddy will continue to carry the bulk of the load, which I think is smart because it will give us the best chance to win. Fantasy wise, I'd only take Spiller as a late round handcuff to Jackson.

Hope this is at least somewhat helpful.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very helpful guys!

Also wondering, is there any TE on your roster even worth owning as a sleeper this season in your eyes?
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Very helpful guys!

Also wondering, is there any TE on your roster even worth owning as a sleeper this season in your eyes?

Scott Chandler is scheduled as the starter, and he had some great games last year, but Gailey is known for not using TE's a lot, but actually opened it up a little bit for him last year. I would say if he stays healthy, with the lack of a standout #2 WR, Chandler could be a sleeper.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxmw22 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Very helpful guys!

Scott Chandler is scheduled as the starter, and he had some great games last year, but Gailey is known for not using TE's a lot, but actually opened it up a little bit for him last year. I would say if he stays healthy, with the lack of a standout #2 WR, Chandler could be a sleeper.

Was just going to post this same thing. I think Chandler could put up some decent numbers with our lack of a legit #2 WR.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: SoS's Fantasy Questions: Buffalo Bills Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
How's it going guys!? I'm sure many of you know me as the rambunctious Seattle homer that posts way too much.

Well in my spare time during this time of the season I usually run a Fantasy Football Advice thread for those of you that are into that kinda thing. Check out the 2012 thread I'll be making soon!

Anyways, I just had a few questions to ensure that I'm not ignorant with any advice I provide this offseason. That's why I've come up with a batch of clarifying questions for all 32 teams and getting my facts straight. Thanks to everyone that helps in advance!

Questions

Doubt it. It is a 4 race battle between him, Donald Jones, Derek Hagan, and Marcus Easley. Gailey came out and said that right now Jones is the favorite. I expect a big year from him. David Nelson is strictly a slot reciever. Doesn't have speed to be an outside guy. Even though Nelson is our 3rd WR, he is our 2nd WR option for Fitz.

My guess is around 15. On paper we look pretty good this year but we where bad last year. Although we do collect a lot of turnovers especially with a pass rush so I guess this question depends on how well Merriman, Mario, Mark, and Kelsay play and rush the QB. They will be key. Also expect a big season from McKelvin to improve our defense as a whole. He has been working really hard and it is paying off from what I have heard.

No. Fred Jackson is the key to our successful offense. Without him this offense would be nothing. Spiller will probably get an increase load because of his good season last year but Jackson is still the guy. We wouldn't have given him a new deal if Gailey thought otherwise.

I will also watch Dorin Dickerson, our new H-Back. He could give some fantasy owners some production this year.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Very helpful guys!

Scott Chandler was a big surprise last season. I see him as a sleeper.

jb_gobills

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I think it will be either Easley or Graham at #2.

2. Hard to predict turnovers, but Buffalo's sack total should improve with Mario Williams signing and Dave Wannstedt at Defensive Coordinator.

3. I think they might try to work Spiller in more since he showed a lot of improvement by the end of last season. Jackson is still going to get the majority of the carries though.

4. I wouldn't look at any of Buffalo's tight ends for fantasy football. I'm not so sure Chandler replicates what he did last season in the redzone.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I can't even predict who will be our #2, my hopes are Easley steps up into the role. Problem is he cannot stay healthy, I like David Nelson as a possesion WR, and think it will take Graham time to develop. He will get looks downfield as the deep threat.

I expect Spiller to have more production this season spelling Jackson. I would like to see Spiller getting more looks in passing game. He will be a threat in the open field.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, has there been any word on how Jackson is recovering from his injury?
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

In his press conference he said he was perfectly fine and the fracture really wasn't that bad. He said he was walking on it again two weeks into his injury and the media made it seem worse than it actually was.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

In his press conference he said he was perfectly fine and the fracture really wasn't that bad. He said he was walking on it again two weeks into his injury and the media made it seem worse than it actually was.

Yeah I think if we were to make a playoff run last year he would have came back from the injury ... I'm expecting biiiig things from him and CJ this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: